This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Anyone In Oklahoma?

emcmaster

emcmaster Collaborator

I'd love to have a fellow celiac to meet up with!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sillyactsue Explorer

Ya, I'm in Oklahoma. What part are you from. I am in the south eastern corner a few miles from Beavers Bend State Park.

Lymetoo Contributor
Ya, I'm in Oklahoma. What part are you from. I am in the south eastern corner a few miles from Beavers Bend State Park.

I'm your neighbor in Missouri!! Was also your neighbor while growing up in Texas!!

Sue, you're not that far from me. I'm in Branson!

sillyactsue Explorer
I'm your neighbor in Missouri!! Was also your neighbor while growing up in Texas!!

Sue, you're not that far from me. I'm in Branson!

Hey neighbor!

I had to look on the map. It looks like Little Rock is about half way between us. I have only been there once when the babe had to go to children's hospital.

Weird, but somehow finding someone close by (who is freindly and understands this stuff) kinda warms the heart.

I hope to hear more from you. :D

emcmaster Collaborator

Hi! I'm in Norman... maybe we all should find a time/place to meet!

sillyactsue Explorer
Hi! I'm in Norman... maybe we all should find a time/place to meet!

Sounds great. Isn't there a support group in Norman? I talked to a lady from there when I first found out about celiac disease. I need to give her another call too. Maybe you know her. I'll find her name.

Lymetoo Contributor

That would be fun, Sue....I love your screen name, by the way!! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 3 months later...
Sissy Rookie

Hi Everyone, I live in Cookson on Lake Tenkiller which is in in NE Oklahoma. I just found a support group that meets in Tulsa at St. Francis Hospital and hope to attend one of their meetings soon...I really want to find someone to just talk to about food, recipes and living thru this that will not be critical or just think I am nuts...I am going to post a note on our local health food store in Tahlequah to see if there might be any other Celiacs here. So happy to see there are others from OK...lets keep in touch... Do I sound desperate?? I feel desperate, I was just dx a little over 2 weeks ago and I am really rather overwhelmed.

Sissy

• 4 weeks later...
SchnauzerMom Rookie

I'm from Lawton in Southwest Oklahoma. I haven't been diagnosed with celiac but I know from hard experience that if I eat anything with gluten in it I have a bad reaction so my husband and I have been on a gluten free diet since the middle of October. Exept, yesterday. Yesterday I ate a piece of cake that was not gluten free and I am still paying for it.

emcmaster Collaborator
I'm from Lawton in Southwest Oklahoma. I haven't been diagnosed with celiac but I know from hard experience that if I eat anything with gluten in it I have a bad reaction so my husband and I have been on a gluten free diet since the middle of October. Exept, yesterday. Yesterday I ate a piece of cake that was not gluten free and I am still paying for it.

I'm only about an hour from Lawton - in Norman. There's a fantastic OKC Celiac group that meets bimonthly. It'd be about 1-1/2 hours drive each way for you, but I think it would be worth it.

SchnauzerMom Rookie
I'm only about an hour from Lawton - in Norman. There's a fantastic OKC Celiac group that meets bimonthly. It'd be about 1-1/2 hours drive each way for you, but I think it would be worth it.

Great! I may look into it. Thanks for telling me about it.

Ksmith Contributor

I'm visiting Norman in the near future--any restaurants good about gluten-free? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
RiceAddict Rookie

Hey, Ya'll. I live in Iowa now but am Sooner born, Sooner bred, and when I die I'm Sooner dead! So very good to hear folks talkin' bout places back home. Next time I am down visiting the folks in Edmond or college buds in Tahlequah I'll have to try and make contact.

A

• 2 months later...
FGFP Newbie

Good morning, I was just looking around and found this. I just registered. I was raised in Ok and go there all the time as I have a daughter who lives in Edmond and goes to OC. I have a lot of family that are still in OK. I actually live in Texas panhandle but still consider myself an Okie.

Guest cdmccool

I'm in Oklahoma City. :)

CaraLouise Explorer

I am in Oklahoma City too! :P

Guest cdmccool
I am in Oklahoma City too! :P

Hello2u! ^_^

• 3 months later...
MSM1133 Newbie

I just found out about this site through my People magazine, but have had celiac since I was born, but was diagnosed when I was about two years old. I am not 26 years old and living a healthy and wonderful life in Tulsa. Would love to talk with others or answer any questions for those that have questions about Celiac.

CaraLouise Explorer
I just found out about this site through my People magazine, but have had celiac since I was born, but was diagnosed when I was about two years old. I am not 26 years old and living a healthy and wonderful life in Tulsa. Would love to talk with others or answer any questions for those that have questions about Celiac.

I am 22 and like in OKC not Tulsa, but I would be happy to talk to you and help you out with any questions that you have! :)

• 3 weeks later...
little d Enthusiast

Hey, Ya'll. I live in Iowa now but am Sooner born, Sooner bred, and when I die I'm Sooner dead! So very good to hear folks talkin' bout places back home. Next time I am down visiting the folks in Edmond or college buds in Tahlequah I'll have to try and make contact.

A

SchnauzerMom

Hi I am in Texas but have relatives in Broken Arrow, Lake Eufala and in Tulsa. I am currantly living in Arlington that is inbetween Ft Worth and Dallas.

RiceAddict

GO SOONERS, my husband loves them

donna

Guest micah

I'm in Tulsa! Nice to meet you all!

Micah

• 3 months later...
McRhonda Newbie

Hello, I'm in Tulsa as well. :)

Rhonda

• 3 months later...
glasgirl8 Newbie

Hi, I am new to the site and have a daughter, 6, that I need to get tested and don't know where to start. We have had an upper IG and her Dr. swore that she had celiac but it came back normal (with live villi) so her Dr. is stumpped. Could you help?

• 5 months later...
googlechef Newbie

Hello! Tulsa here. We have lots of Celiacs come to our restaraunt. We have a Gluten Free Menu and I am the to guide guests and our kitchen staff through your meal.

Dennis

Thyme Bistro

30th place and Harvard

webthyme.net

• 1 year later...
JenAnderson Rookie

I live in Lawton. We're originally from Houston, but have been stationed here most of my husband's career. My 2 kids and I are gluten-free.

(So NOT a Sooner fan...Go Horns!)

Archived