This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Annalise Roberts' Coconut Cake

Fiddle-Faddle

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

Okay, so I screwed up the frosting (I forgot to do the math and put 4 ounces of coconut milk in instead of 1/4 cup, and then had to add extra sugar to firm things up and then it was too sweet), but the CAKE was AMAZING. I think it was the best cake I've ever made, and I like to bake cakes!

I couldn't FIND the superfine brown rice flour, so I used half Bob'sMill brown rice flour and half Authentic Foods superfine white rice flour, and it wasn't the least bit gritty. It was moist and delicious.

I also tried a trick passed on by a friend's auntie: I spread a very thin layer of melted raspberry jam on each layer before frosting it.

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM

I am hooked.

Somebody posted Annalise Roberts' email address earlier on another thread, but I couldn't find it? Could someone please post it again? Thanks! I need to thank her for saving my son's birthday and blame her for all the pounds I'm gonna gain! ;)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

Where is the recipe?

queenofhearts Explorer

Way to go, Fiddle-Faddle! That is one great cookbook. I still haven't made the coconut cake, but it sure sounds fabulous! And the jam sounds like a delicious addition.

Leah

Guest Robbin
Where is the recipe?

<_< Yeah, we want cake!!!!

Green12 Enthusiast
Okay, so I screwed up the frosting (I forgot to do the math and put 4 ounces of coconut milk in instead of 1/4 cup, and then had to add extra sugar to firm things up and then it was too sweet), but the CAKE was AMAZING. I think it was the best cake I've ever made, and I like to bake cakes!

I couldn't FIND the superfine brown rice flour, so I used half Bob'sMill brown rice flour and half Authentic Foods superfine white rice flour, and it wasn't the least bit gritty. It was moist and delicious.

I also tried a trick passed on by a friend's auntie: I spread a very thin layer of melted raspberry jam on each layer before frosting it.

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM

I am hooked.

Somebody posted Annalise Roberts' email address earlier on another thread, but I couldn't find it? Could someone please post it again? Thanks! I need to thank her for saving my son's birthday and blame her for all the pounds I'm gonna gain! ;)

Fiddle Faddle you are making me hungry for coconut cake :lol: That sounds really good, congratulations on it turning out so well for you!

skbird Contributor

Can someone post the recipe or the original thread? I'm cuckoo for coconuts. Thanks!

Stephanie

Rusla Enthusiast

The last woman to say "let them eat cake" lost her head.

The last woman to say "let them eat cake" lost her head.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sharikay Rookie
:rolleyes: I haven't tried the cake yet but I will. You can get the superfine brown rice flour from Authentic Foods website. They provide good service. Buy some sweet rice flour too. It's also hard to find.

Am I allowed to post the recipe here, or would that be breaking copyright rules?

eKatherine Rookie

I don't know what the policy of this board is. I have belonged to several cooking sites, and their policy is that ingredients lists are not copyrightable, but instructions are. What they required was for someone to put the instructions in their own words, and hopefully this would also encourage the writer to add what they had learned from making the recipe anyway.

angel-jd1 Community Regular
Am I allowed to post the recipe here, or would that be breaking copyright rules?

Her recipes are copyrighted. I suggest using amazon .com search feature to check out the book or just go buy it. You won't be disapointed.

-Jessica

jerseyangel Proficient

You can post the recipe if you list the original publication the recipe appeared in, and the author.

skbird Contributor

What eKatherine said. Ingredients aren't copyrighted, just the preperation instructions.

Please post! :)

Stephanie

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I definately think this is the 1 book everyone should invest in. I've tried several recipes from it and they are all incredible gluten-free baked goods and breads.

I think the book was only like $15, and Annalise is such a wonderful person and worked so hard on making these recipes as incredible as they are I feel like posting the recipe is like taking money away from her.

Sorry. Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel guilty posting it.

Fiddle-Faddle: Glad the cake turned out so good!! Told ya! I think Jess and I should become her PR reps. We certainly rave about her recipes enough. :)

queenofhearts Explorer
:rolleyes: I haven't tried the cake yet but I will. You can get the superfine brown rice flour from Authentic Foods website. They provide good service. Buy some sweet rice flour too. It's also hard to find.

If you have an Asian grocery nearby you can get sweet rice flour & many others at great bargain prices.

Leah

Lauren M Explorer
I definately think this is the 1 book everyone should invest in. I've tried several recipes from it and they are all incredible gluten-free baked goods and breads.

I think the book was only like $15, and Annalise is such a wonderful person and worked so hard on making these recipes as incredible as they are I feel like posting the recipe is like taking money away from her.

Yes - what Jillian said :P

I know if I put the time and $ into a book, I wouldn't want all the good stuff leaked out! No reason for people to buy it then (gee, sounds like the whole Napster debate...)

- Lauren

Okay--I emailed her asking for her permission to post the recipe. I'll post her answer as soon as it comes! In the meantime, I think everyone should get the book! If her coconut cake is typical of the rest of the recipes, we should never need to buy overpriced, underflavored, dried-out baked goods EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just think--the cookbook costs about as much as 2 Kinnikinnick loaves of bread. :blink:

rinne Apprentice

I agree that she has worked hard to create these recipes and we can show our appreciation by purchasing the cookbook and I also think that if the recipe was posted here for the coconut cake and we loved it then for sure we would buy the book.

angel-jd1 Community Regular

Fiddle-Faddle: Glad the cake turned out so good!! Told ya! I think Jess and I should become her PR reps. We certainly rave about her recipes enough. :)

Thank you for saying this. I feel the same way. She is sooo kind and has worked very very hard to make these wonderful recipes. Like it has been said, putting a book out isn't exactly cheap. She has done a wonderful job at it!!

The book is WELL worth the $15. If you would like to view a recipe, go to amazon .com and use the "search inside the book" feature. This feature allows you to view pages within the book. Try out a recipe and I'm sure you will be hooked.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

. If you would like to view a recipe, go to amazon .com and use the "search inside the book" feature. This feature allows you to view pages within the book. Try out a recipe and I'm sure you will be hooked.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Actually, that only works if you have already purchased something through Amazon (I tried, and it wouldn't let me).

indyceliac Newbie

yes, that cake recipe is the bomb! Instead of raspberry jam....lemon curd is great too!

I made a 7 minute frosting instead of the one in the book...and it was light n fluffy and amazing! im waiting for another excuse to make it. now if she could only come up with a cake without calories..

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

By reading the post I assumed Annalise Roberts was a poster here since I have never heard of her before. That's why I was wondering where the recipe was.

I looked her up on Open Original Shared Link and went inside the book but it doesn't show any recipies- just the Table Of Contents, pictures, What Are You Hungry For?, Gluten Reality, and Getting Started.

By reading the post I assumed Annalise Roberts was a poster here since I have never heard of her before. That's why I was wondering where the recipe was.

Sorry, there have been so many recent posts about her new cookbook, I just assumed (wrongly) that everyone knew that she was a cookbook author. :)

jkmunchkin Rising Star
Yes - what Jillian said :P

I know if I put the time and $ into a book, I wouldn't want all the good stuff leaked out! No reason for people to buy it then (gee, sounds like the whole Napster debate...)

- Lauren

Thanks guys!!!! I was afraid it would come off as b$tchy that I didn't think it was right for someone to post the recipe. I'm glad everyone seems to agree.

Oh and as Fiddle-Faddle said; I have tried several of the other recipes and they are all incredible!! My non-celiac sister even told me the other day that everything I have made from this book is just as good or better than any gluten filled treats. To be honest that is the reaction I have gotten from everyone that has tried the baked goods. If you didn't tell people it was gluten-free, there is absolutely no way someone would know.

I should also mention, these recipes are really pretty easy. Before this I had never made any baked good or bread from scratch and I anything I have made from this book has been a huge success.

Cheri A Contributor

Can you tell me if all her flour blends are rice? I have to sub everything with sorghum and would rather not fork out another $15 on a cookbook that won't work for us. Maybe I can email her? I agree on not posting the recipe here, though, without her permission. I posted a recipe once (and gave credit) and then the next week it was on this site's newsletter w/one change and no credit given to site I listed. I do PM recipes, though and have received them from others. Maybe I'll have to check and see if my library carries it yet~

Archived