This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Help! What To Eat?

Shae

Shae Newbie

I'm new to gluten problems. I have been off of them for about 3 months now and feel much better, that is if I don't cheat. I am having so many problems with being bored of the same chicken, veggies, potatoes. Can anyone help me with some good gluten free food. Naturally that is, I have to stay away from Pamela's cookies and gluten-free browinies....not good for the weight. I need to lose about 15lbs still.

Thanks

Shae

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

skinnyminny Enthusiast

You could have some gluten free yogurt, I eat kroger brand, but yoplait is good too.

Lots of different fruits are a good snack.

Add Brown rice to your dishes, its healthier than white.

Fresh Fish.. Salmon ( good for you fats ) Tilapia, and tuna just for some examples.

You can incorporate nuts as long as you can tolerate them and watch your portion size

Mango04 Enthusiast

Hi -

If you browse the recipe forum you'll be able to find some great recipes using naturally gluten-free foods. You can also get a raw cookbook for some new ideas.

corinne Apprentice

I love spaghetti made with spaghetti squash. Pork chops baked with apples are good. Stirfries are another quick favourite for me. You can make almost anything you used to eat (except for the baked stuff) with a few substitutions.

Mme Newbie

Indian dal, blanched greens, and rice. Tasty, healthy, and quite variable if you have an indian or pakistani grocery in the area.

Gazpacho? Cucumber and yoghurt soup?

I also make garlic potato salad with smoked paprika, no oil, and scallions. Oh, and garlic.

Penzey's spices help food be more interesting. I am great fan of their spice mixes:Greek, Southwestern,Fajita, etc. I use the rubbed sage to make my own turkey sausage. And they are really reasonably priced.

Open Original Shared Link

VegasCeliacBuckeye Collaborator

As much as I love to cook, I am still a creature of habit.

I usually have an egg white omelette in the a.m. with salsa and cheese (or gluten-free cereal with bananas and berries)

For snacks during the day, I have yogurt and gluten-free energy bars (glutino)

For lunch, I usually have turkey and pepperjack sandwiches (with lettuce and mayo) (and kinnikinnick bread). I also have celery, carrots, cucumbers, salad, applesauce, Kozy Shack pudding, yogurt, or Lays Staxx potato chips

Snack is again Yogurt or energy bar or applesauce

Dinner is usually baked chicken with veggies (marinated in Annies Tuscany dressing), Tinkyada pasta with Emeril's or Classico sauces, gluten free turkey meatloaf, steak, pork chops, Chelsea's country fried steak, Ian's chicken nuggets, Amy's Mac N Cheese (really any of Amy's meals are good for lunch or dinner), homemade chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, potatoes au gratin, thai kitchen noodle dinners, shelton's turkey chili, Imagine soups, Progresso's creamy mushroom soup, tostitos and salsa, Delimex Taquitos, Ore Ida Fast Food French Fries, Carl Buddig Luncheon Meats, Homemade steak/chicken tacos/tostadas/burritos.

That is off the top of my head, LOL

penguin Community Regular
Dinner is usually baked chicken with veggies (marinated in Annies Tuscany dressing), Tinkyada pasta with Emeril's or Classico sauces, gluten free turkey meatloaf, steak, pork chops, Chelsea's country fried steak , Ian's chicken nuggets, Amy's Mac N Cheese (really any of Amy's meals are good for lunch or dinner), homemade chicken tenders, mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, potatoes au gratin, thai kitchen noodle dinners, shelton's turkey chili, Imagine soups, Progresso's creamy mushroom soup, tostitos and salsa, Delimex Taquitos, Ore Ida Fast Food French Fries, Carl Buddig Luncheon Meats, Homemade steak/chicken tacos/tostadas/burritos.

That is off the top of my head, LOL

:D

Glad it made the rotation!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Shae Newbie

Thanks everyone for your help. I have seen the Amys Mac N Cheese at the store but didn't realize it was gluten free. How are the gluten free protein bars?? any favorites??

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular
Thanks everyone for your help. I have seen the Amys Mac N Cheese at the store but didn't realize it was gluten free. How are the gluten free protein bars?? any favorites??

Be careful--Amy's has 2 different mac'n'cheeses, and only one of them is gluten-free~

Archived