This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Weird Rash - What Is This?

Guest cassidy

Guest cassidy

For the last two weeks I have had a rash about an inch to the right of my belly button. It is oval and is about the size of a nickel. It has a border of little red dots as if each pore around the edge is very red. The middle alternates between having the red dots and not. It doesn't hurt or itch.

Since this is so close to my stomach/intestines I'm thinking that it has something to do with celiac. The only thing I have really changed is that I started Threelac for candida about that time. I've been gluten-free for 6 months and the last time I got glutened is 3 weeks ago.

I don't want to go to the doctor because I don't think they will do anything for it, but I'm wondering why it showed up, when it is going to go away and if it is anything to worry about.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

If you have pants or skirts with a metal snap "button" at the front, you may have a contact dermatitis (basically a skin allergy) going on as a rseult of being allergic to the metal (many of us here are allergic to metal). When this happens to me, it does not go away, even when I don't put the offending clothing back on. Sometimes it even continues to get worse, in true celiac hyper-immune system fashion, until I attack it with cortisone cream.

JodiC Apprentice

Ditto. I use Tea Tree oil to get rid of mine and only notice it when I wear a certain pair of jeans. Must have nickle in the snap bacause I am allergic to that.

Guest cassidy

I don't think it is from pants because I don't wear any of my pants that high. I wear everything at my hips. I really can't think of anything I wear that even has a metal clasp other than jeans, and those don't come anywhere near my waist. Plus, it is on the side of my belly button, so whatever clothes would have to be severely off center.

I was fearing ringworm, although I don't know how I could get that. It isn't scaly and that seems to be the norm with ringworm, which I realized is a fungus and not a worm. Since I've been on antifungals for candida, I definitely don't think it is that.

Lane R Rookie
For the last two weeks I have had a rash about an inch to the right of my belly button. It is oval and is about the size of a nickel. It has a border of little red dots as if each pore around the edge is very red. The middle alternates between having the red dots and not. It doesn't hurt or itch.

Since this is so close to my stomach/intestines I'm thinking that it has something to do with celiac. The only thing I have really changed is that I started Threelac for candida about that time. I've been gluten-free for 6 months and the last time I got glutened is 3 weeks ago.

I don't want to go to the doctor because I don't think they will do anything for it, but I'm wondering why it showed up, when it is going to go away and if it is anything to worry about.

You might want to still go to the doctor. You might have shingles. How are you feeling otherwise? Stressed out? Overworked? Something big recently happen? Feeling tired and just lethargic?

Netty Newbie
I don't think it is from pants because I don't wear any of my pants that high. I wear everything at my hips. I really can't think of anything I wear that even has a metal clasp other than jeans, and those don't come anywhere near my waist. Plus, it is on the side of my belly button, so whatever clothes would have to be severely off center.

I was fearing ringworm, although I don't know how I could get that. It isn't scaly and that seems to be the norm with ringworm, which I realized is a fungus and not a worm. Since I've been on antifungals for candida, I definitely don't think it is that.

Cassidy,

It sounds like it may possibly be ringworm to me?? I do know you can get it from being in the woods...pines needles can tend to harbor them, and if you have pets that are indoor/outdoor you can get it from them.

My Dad came down with ring worm in which I hadent seen it in years, well he takes care of my youngest Son after school and are in a very heavely Pine tree area... as well as my Sons school , in which they had major out breaks with many students this past school year!! Really strange...after not seeing it for years!!

Just a thought? Hope you find out what your dealing with .

Netty

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Could you possibly have been bitten by a deer tick? Does the circular rash look like a bullseye?

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest cassidy

I really haven't been in the woods at all, so I don't know how it could be ringworm or a tick. It doesn't have a center, so it doesn't look like a bullseye. It is more oval.

I think it is going away. It is less red, but it does tend to change from being very red to less red during the day. Going on three weeks now and it still is there.

Archived