Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Reactions To Wine

3 posts in this topic

Last night I had some white wine and now I am sick again. I don't know if it is the sulfites or alcohol. Does anyone else have problems? I don't usually drink "hard" alcohol and beer is out so that doesn't leave me many choices does it?

Ads by Google:

If you haven't reacted to the sulfites in wine before (which I understand give you a terrible headache if you're sensitive to them) then I don't think you would be now. You might have eaten something or gotten cross contamination from another source which made you ill, not the wine. It's almost impossible to tell sometimes what exactly it is. I had a 24 hour bug and only by eating everything I had eaten again did I figure it was a virus and not gluten poisoning. So when you feel better, have another glass of wine and see if you get sick. That's the only way to find out. Hope you feel better soon!

Terri

Its hard to say whether I had reactions before since I was sick all the time anyway. I woke up with a terrible sinus headache and congestion then the "tummy troubles" kicked in. I still feel awful and very tired. A pretty obvious reaction to something since I have been feeling pretty good lately, even getting up early and exercising for a half hour before work. Right now I just want to go to bed. :(