This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pf Changs

lightningfoot speakin words

lightningfoot speakin words Contributor

Has anyone had problems eating at pf changs? I am kinda nervous about the cross contamination. I am also wondering if their lettuce wraps were on the gluten free menu. THANK U BERRY MUCH IN ADVANCE~!!! :lol: I was also wondering just for fun, :ph34r: what that guy means. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE STUPID QUESTION IN ADVANCE AGAIN.

~Lightningfoot

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

queenofhearts Explorer

I've yet to eat there myself, but I hear so many raves about the GLUTEN FREE lettuce wraps that it is probably worth a try! (Make sure you order them gluten-free, I think there is more than one version.)

Leah

jenvan Collaborator

The gluten-free lettuce wraps are great ! Changs is one of the better restaurants to eat gluten-free at... But still confirm that clean pans etc are used to cook your gluten-free meal.

CarlaB Enthusiast

I've never had a problem with gluten free at PF Changs. I remind the waitress that I'm very sensitive, and she assures me that they cook my food separately from the others. Once I was there on off hours and they cooked my food on the side of the kitchen that was closed (you can see the kitchen). They do have gluten free lettuce wraps that are great. They will still give you a fortune cookie -- it's not gluten-free. :blink:

I do not know what this means. :ph34r:

wozzy Apprentice

I got glutened from there yesterday...but I think that was the first time.

Guest Educator

PF Chang in Tulsa has a gluten-free menu. It is wonderful. Those lettuce wraps are the very best. Today is my birthday so my son is taking me there for dinner this evening. I am so excited. I love their food.

steveindenver Contributor

I've eaten there twice this weekend (including lunch an hour ago) and was fine. I stress the gluten-free and ask the server to remind the cook to clean the pan out. But like the other postings, I got fortune cookies both times too. I told the guy today, "I don't need these since it's gluten-free food." And I got, "Oh yeah, I guess that makes sense."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

queenofhearts Explorer
I've eaten there twice this weekend (including lunch an hour ago) and was fine. I stress the gluten-free and ask the server to remind the cook to clean the pan out. But like the other postings, I got fortune cookies both times too. I told the guy today, "I don't need these since it's gluten-free food." And I got, "Oh yeah, I guess that makes sense."

Y'know, somebody ought to make gluten-free fortune cookies. It's not as if they have to rise, so it ought to be easy!

Leah

lightningfoot speakin words Contributor

Thanks for the advice, now I am lookin forward to eating there! Unfortunatly, I still don't know what this means. :ph34r: (JK) I :wub: love lettuce wraps with my life!

~Lightningfoot

Turtle Enthusiast

PF Chang's is actually the ONLY place i've had any luck with NOT getting sick at.

jenvan Collaborator

lightning foot-

Hmmm, I'm not exactly sure what the intent of this :ph34r: is! Perhaps signifing mystery, clueless, karate skills? :P

queenofhearts Explorer

All I know is that the little guy is a Ninja... violent urges, perhaps?

Leah

jenvan Collaborator
All I know is that the little guy is a Ninja... violent urges, perhaps?

Leah

Didn't think about violence...but maybe ! Or watchful defense...good fighter. Hmmm.

key Contributor

I had an interesting experience at a new PF CHang's the other day. I ordered the lettuce wraps gluten free and "vegetarian". The waiter came back and told me that the chef said he couldn't guarantee them gluten free if they were vegetarian. I told him I had eaten them before that way like three times. So the chef came out and said the tofu comes prepackaged with seasonings and said he could get the package and see what was in it. He brought it to me and right on the package it said wheat starch! I was horrified to say the least. No one had ever mentioned this to me before and I had never thought about it.

That would explain why I got so violently ill from there one time. The other time I ate there I didn't connect the reaction to there, but looking back I had definitely had a bad reaction. So I am glad I know. Now I don't know what to order or where to eat. This was my only restaurant I was willing to eat at. Why I don't know, since it had made me so sick. It had taken me months to try it again after the first time I was sick.

Glad that at least one chef was on his toes. HE was very nice and cooked me some kind of salad dish that he made up and wasn't on the menu. Very sweet of him.

Monica

minibabe Contributor

I have gotten sick there um....I dunno at least 3x in a row. Plus more times then that. But I still go back becasue the food is so good. I have acutally written about this in another post....I will see if I can find it :)

But because of how many times I have gotten sick there I think that they know me by now, or at least the managers do. I have all of there business cards and the number that you call if you are going to go to the doctor (i believe just in case you want to sue them :rolleyes: )

Me and my boyfriend really enjoy the atmosphere though.

And those lettuce wraps let me tell you I look foward to going there just to have them :D

They ar so so so so so good!

As for him :ph34r: I have no clue.

Good Luck

Amanda NY

elainegl Newbie

Other than the lettuce wraps, what are your favorite gluten-free things to eat at PF Changs? If you could describe the dish you like, that would be even better!

:ph34r: My guess is this means "incognito" or something like that.

elainegl Newbie
Other than the lettuce wraps, what are your favorite gluten-free things to eat at PF Changs? If you could describe the dish you like, that would be even better!

Never Mind!! I just saw the other post that addressed this very thing. :ph34r: Sorry!

jenvan Collaborator

Singapore Street Noodles are really tasty... I have stayed away from ordering the Moo Goo and the Cantonese Shrimp b/c, unfortunately, they usually have very little taste gluten-free :( And I've gotten them at several Changs... You can pile on the gluten-free soy sauce, but I'm not a huge fan of that...

minibabe Contributor

:ph34r: My guess is this means "incognito" or something like that.

My boyfriend and I always either get the ginger chicken or the Philips better lemon chicken

And then we ALWAYS get the flourless chocolate cake. It is so so so good. :D

skinnyminny Enthusiast

My boyfriend and I love Pf changs, I sometimes feel sick after I eat here too but I think its the changs spicy shrimp is sorta heavy and SPICY but, I dont think its a gluten effect, we just discovered the gluten free cake and its so good and RICH! I wish they served it with ice cream but it was for sure great!

minibabe Contributor
I wish they served it with ice cream but it was for sure great!

There icecream is execellent! I also love when it comes with the strawberry sauces all over it YUMMY YUMMY!

Now I need to go there this week :D

powderprincess Rookie
:ph34r: I'm a ninja!
wozzy Apprentice

I had the singapore street noodles last time, and I wasn't impressed. They don't have very much...flavor, I thought. Plus, I got sick.

jenvan Collaborator
I had the singapore street noodles last time, and I wasn't impressed. They don't have very much...flavor, I thought. Plus, I got sick.

oops... mine had great flavor :blink:

YOU KNOW WHAT I THINK PART OF THE ISSUE IS WITH CHANG'S YA'LL ?? I have been to several, we have two in our city alone, and so often, the same dish tastes different at different locations. And at times tastes different depending on what day! It seems like there needs to be more consistency... I think there is definitely some improvising and different recipes of dishes, based on what cook is on that day. So often, I feel like its a bit of a gamble what the dish will taste like the next time I go! So I think in part that explains why my Moo Goo was great, and someone else's was void of taste. Frustrating. I think next time I get a dish that tastes blah, I need to make them take it back...

lpellegr Collaborator

:ph34r: I've seen this little guy used when people are being sneaky or mysterious. I haven't been able to come up with just the right occasion to use it yet!

I hear they are building a PF Chang's near me - I hope so, there aren't enough choices for a decent dinner out around here!!!!

Archived