Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

2 posts in this topic

For the past few years I've been trying to eat gluten free, but by recently doing some research and finding that I've been eating some things that have modified food starch and other non-gluten-free things in them. I was wondering if anyone knew if meringue cookies are gluten-free? I always assumed that they were b/c all they are is sugar, egg whites and cream of tartar.

Ads by Google:

Every meringue cookie I've seen has been gluten-free but that's not a guarantee that every one in the world is.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• If your blood work (antibody testing) indicates celiac then it's celiac.  It's also very typical for those with other autoimmune diseases (diabetes. RA, Hashimotos etc) to have celiac, autoimmune diseases kind of go together...I have 5.  Type1 diabetes, Hashimotos, dermatographic urticaria, celiac and Rheumatoid arthritis.  Start by getting copies of your labs and biopies.  The other thing you can request is a repeat EGD to check that you have healed.  If your small intestine looks good and you are still on NSAIDs then that should prove to you the celiac diagnosis.  I would definitely get a repeat EHD before even thinking about doing a gluten challenge. Also you say you don't have any symptoms of do!  You have another autoimmune disease which who knows which one came first.  I know 13 years of misdiagnosed celiac gave me my RA and other AI diseases.  You were also anemic which is a huge symptom.
    • None of Dr. Fine's work is recognized by any valid medical institution, with good reason.  You cannot test for food intolerance's through stool testing.  The only valid testing they do is gene testing for Celiac because that's well established testing and everyone's doing it. Trying to test for Celiac or NCGI through Enterolab is a complete waste of money. Also, having an IgA deficiency does not mean your immune system is not functioning properly. It just means you do not make enough of the IgA antibody so Celiac testing for that class of antibodies cannot be used.  That is why they use an IgG panel also. Good grief, people! Start reading books on Celiac written by valid medical professionals, not internet based doctors who spout ridiculous ideas about cross reactivity and stool testing that isn't recognized by anyone. Maybe in future testing will become easier and much more accurate than it is now but stool testing is not a valid test protocol for anything related to Celiac. It can show malabsorption, which is an indicator of a GI problem, but that's about it.  
    • Get a copy of your records. Check out the blood work that was done & check out the pathology on the biopsies. It's that simple. Did you know that over 50% of the dx'd celiacs presented with NO GI issues? Do you know there is such a thing as silent celiac where the patient has no symptoms yet there is damage to the villi? You can also ask to have the celiac serum panel run again. That will tell if your antibodies have gone down or not. If they haven't then it indicates you have not been careful enough in your diet or with cross contamination.
    • The 504 Plan stems from Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973. This section prevents discrimination against public school students in grades kindergarten through 12 because of disabilities. A 504 plan is meant to "remove barriers" to learning by providing a specific outline on how to make accommodations or modifications on a student-by-student basis. View the full article
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member