6 replies to this topic

#1 clayplaylady

clayplaylady

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:40 PM

Several months ago I came upon a website that had gluten free bars. The name was alpensnack or something like that. The bars were made with nuts and dried fruit and were quite tasty. Now that I want to get some more, I cannot come up with the website. Is there anyone out there who know what I am referring to? HELP. Please e-mail me if you know anything about this product. anne@clay-play.com

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 02:25 PM

Hi Anne,

I think you are talking about Alpsnacks. They are great. I buy them by the dozen at Gluten Solutions. I haven't found them anywhere else, but I'm sure other places sell them. You can find them at the following link:

http://www.glutensolutions.com/

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#3 kalo

kalo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 09:12 PM

What an awesome site Mariann. Thanks, I have put it in my favorites. Have you tried any of their mixes?
Hugs, Carol B Enterolab diagnosed gluten sensitive and casein allergic June 04

#4 gf4life

gf4life

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:51 AM

I've tried some of their mixes. This is where I get the Really Great Foods Chocolate Cake mix that I've raved about before. It is awesome! I also get their Gluten Solutions label Chocolate Mint Protein bars. They are great and we always take some of these with us when we leave the house, so we have something easy to eat if we can't find something safe right away. My kids love em.

God bless,
Mariann

#5 kalo

kalo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:01 PM

Wonderful to know. Except the mint that is (hate mintlOL). After I get over being sick (what a morning I won't bore anyone) I will think about placing an order. I need to figure out what other foods I'm having problems with. How long does it take for an order to get to you? I did order a paper catalog. We are going to Oregon in a week to visit relatives. I've been trying to figure out what to do for food for me since I will probably be fending for myself. I doubt I could get an order from them that fast. Thanks much.

#6 gf4life

gf4life

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:02 PM

Carol,

They try to ship the same day, the next day if you place the order at night, but it still takes about a week to get your order. I placed my order on the 1st and it is expected to get to me on the 9th. So you probably don't have time to get the shipment sent to your home, but you could have it sent to the address in Oregon where you will be visiting and then you would have food there to eat.

God bless,
Mariann

#7 kalo

kalo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:34 PM

Thanks much. We will be in several different places so I think I'll skip. Won't have much money till payday anyways which is the Friday comming before we leave. Just for information, I have been really researching this SCD diet the last couple of days. I'm really seriously considering trying it after the book gets here and I read on it. Now that I know for sure that food has been making me sick I have more will power to do what it takes to get well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: