6 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa

Lisa

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

With the issues with mail in order scribs for co-pay, which is such a pain in the butt, I had tried to sign off slowly on my Lexipro.

Just as soon as I started cutting back, the stomach acid started, and the throwing up, with acid I tempered offf slowly as I needed to do.

I did not have this problem when I was on Lexipro. It makes me want to go back on it.

I have a large hiatal hernia which is the culprit in this issue.

So has any one been there, should I look into surgery, or should I continue with the lexipro........

I got to feel better. I look like a watermellon on toothpicks, and very uncomfortable.

Please help me feel better and choose wisely. Lisa :(
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 judy05

judy05

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 06:53 PM

With the issues with mail in order scribs for co-pay, which is such a pain in the butt, I had tried to sign off slowly on my Lexipro.

Just as soon as I started cutting back, the stomach acid started, and the throwing up, with acid I tempered offf slowly as I needed to do.

I did not have this problem when I was on Lexipro. It makes me want to go back on it.

I have a large hiatal hernia which is the culprit in this issue.

So has any one been there, should I look into surgery, or should I continue with the lexipro........

I got to feel better. I look like a watermellon on toothpicks, and very uncomfortable.

Please help me feel better and choose wisely. Lisa :(

lisa, are you on any acid blockers like Nexium or Prevacid? I couldn't take Lexapro, made me feel like a zombie.

The one resolution, which was in my mind long before it took the form of a resolution, is the key-note of my life. It is this,always to regard as mere impertinences of fate the handicaps which were placed on my life almost at the beginning. I resolved that they should not crush or dwarf my soul, but rather be made to blossom, like Aaron's rod, with flowers-Helen Keller

Judy- Gluten Intolerant

#3 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:04 PM

lisa, are you on any acid blockers like Nexium or Prevacid? I couldn't take Lexapro, made me feel like a zombie.

Acidphex 20 mg, but mighty pricey $50.00 amont per month with a co-pay 50%. It works, but tired of paying the bills. Wondering if hermia surgury could cure, but don't know.
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#4 tiredofdoctors!!!

tiredofdoctors!!!

Will NOT let this disease diminish me!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 11:10 PM

Lisa, I don't know . . . I'll check with a friend of mine and see what her opinion is. She is pretty knowledgeable, a pharmacist, and might be able to shed some light on it. Will let you know what she says . . . . Hugs, Lynne
Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

#5 wolfie

wolfie

Kim

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:14 AM

Is it possible that the Lexapro was helping you with anxiety and now that you have started to wean off of it, you are more stressed or anxious? I take Lexapro mainly for anxiety, so that is what made me think of that.

Could you try Zantac for the acid reflux?

I hope you feel better soon!!!
Kim

"Life isn't about how to survive the storm
but how to dance in the rain."

Positive bloodwork 1/9/06
gluten-free since 1/12/06
Very positive dietary response

DS (12 years old)
Biopsy 7/7/06 ~ Diagnosed Celiac 7/12/2006
gluten-free since 7/15/2006

DD (almost 6)
HLA-DQ2 positive
Celiac Bloodwork negative 2 different times
Still eating gluten for now.

#6 chrissy

chrissy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 06:59 AM

if your ins has a set price for all PPIs, you might try switching to prevacid-----they have a 25$ rebate you can send in. i have 2 children on prevacid which costs us $50 a month, each, so it saves me alot of money to use the rebates. my youngest child had surgery for reflux that was very successful-------i'd like to have the surgery done on one of my other girls with reflux because she still has alot of problems with reflux, even on meds. she can't miss a day without symptoms flaring up.
Christine

15 year old twins with celiac, diagnosed dec. 2005
11 year old daughter with celiac diagnosed dec 2005
17 year old son with celiac gene

#7 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 02:10 PM

I wasn't aware that Lexapro did anything for acid. I take it for a sleep problem. The doc prescribed 10 mgs a day, which made me sleep constantly. I cut the tablets in half, and 5 mgs works just fine for me!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: