Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Slacking Off Lexipro And Acid And Gerd Returning

7 posts in this topic

With the issues with mail in order scribs for co-pay, which is such a pain in the butt, I had tried to sign off slowly on my Lexipro.

Just as soon as I started cutting back, the stomach acid started, and the throwing up, with acid I tempered offf slowly as I needed to do.

I did not have this problem when I was on Lexipro. It makes me want to go back on it.

I have a large hiatal hernia which is the culprit in this issue.

So has any one been there, should I look into surgery, or should I continue with the lexipro........

I got to feel better. I look like a watermellon on toothpicks, and very uncomfortable.

Please help me feel better and choose wisely. Lisa :(

Ads by Google:
With the issues with mail in order scribs for co-pay, which is such a pain in the butt, I had tried to sign off slowly on my Lexipro.

Just as soon as I started cutting back, the stomach acid started, and the throwing up, with acid I tempered offf slowly as I needed to do.

I did not have this problem when I was on Lexipro. It makes me want to go back on it.

I have a large hiatal hernia which is the culprit in this issue.

So has any one been there, should I look into surgery, or should I continue with the lexipro........

I got to feel better. I look like a watermellon on toothpicks, and very uncomfortable.

Please help me feel better and choose wisely. Lisa :(

lisa, are you on any acid blockers like Nexium or Prevacid? I couldn't take Lexapro, made me feel like a zombie.

lisa, are you on any acid blockers like Nexium or Prevacid? I couldn't take Lexapro, made me feel like a zombie.

Acidphex 20 mg, but mighty pricey $50.00 amont per month with a co-pay 50%. It works, but tired of paying the bills. Wondering if hermia surgury could cure, but don't know.

Lisa, I don't know . . . I'll check with a friend of mine and see what her opinion is. She is pretty knowledgeable, a pharmacist, and might be able to shed some light on it. Will let you know what she says . . . . Hugs, Lynne

Is it possible that the Lexapro was helping you with anxiety and now that you have started to wean off of it, you are more stressed or anxious? I take Lexapro mainly for anxiety, so that is what made me think of that.

Could you try Zantac for the acid reflux?

I hope you feel better soon!!!

if your ins has a set price for all PPIs, you might try switching to prevacid-----they have a 25$ rebate you can send in. i have 2 children on prevacid which costs us $50 a month, each, so it saves me alot of money to use the rebates. my youngest child had surgery for reflux that was very successful-------i'd like to have the surgery done on one of my other girls with reflux because she still has alot of problems with reflux, even on meds. she can't miss a day without symptoms flaring up.

I wasn't aware that Lexapro did anything for acid. I take it for a sleep problem. The doc prescribed 10 mgs a day, which made me sleep constantly. I cut the tablets in half, and 5 mgs works just fine for me!