2 replies to this topic

#1 lilleroy family

lilleroy family

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:11 PM

Has anyone ever had thier child's pediatric GI want their results to compare to their childs results to clarify how to treat thier child? I don't see the correlation between our results, yes we both have it yet I am not symptomatic and she is extremely ill? I also don't really trust this dr to hold to the confidentiality of my results as I have a former spouse involved in this and this dr wants to do a 30 yr familys study on celiacs in familys, so I am really apprehensive to all this. What do you think? Is this going to help my child out or is this guy just climbing the wrong branch still? :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Boojca

Boojca

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 06:50 AM

There is no reason for your diagnosis/treatment for him to want this informatin, but is he perhaps doing some research on Celiac? I would ask him that, if he is then it would be great to contribute. I mean, if your history can help others get diagnosed more quickly, etc...then yippee! But that's really the only reason I can think of for him wanting that information.

Bridget

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 08:03 AM

It sounds like he's asking you to participate in his study, but if he does that, there is legal paperwork you'd be asked to sign, and distinct confidentiality rules. And you absolutely have the right to say no - and it would be medically unethical for him to treat you any differently if you do say no.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: