#16 Lymetoo

Lymetoo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:16 AM

Hi Dingogirl:
I don't know what's up with Oprah, we went on a letter writing campaign last year and she never responded. It's beyond my understanding why someone has not picked up on this and done a show. They could help so many people. Anyway, let us know if you hear anything

Same thing with Lyme disease. Even some of her best buddies have Lyme, but she won't do a show on it. Alice Walker [The Color Purple], Amy Tan [Joy Luck Club] and Rebecca Wallace [Ya-Ya Sisterhood] all have Lyme. People are falling victim to this disease every day and their lives will never be the same....and it does kill people.

Any national exposure for celiacs and other "obscure" illnesses is great news!
Negative biopsy for celiac 1980
Fibromyalgia 1980
IBS 1980
Interstitial Cystitis 1992
Systemic yeast
Diagnosed w/ Chronic Lyme Disease 2000
Diagnosed w/ Chronic babesia 2000
Tachycardia 2001
Asthma 2005
Have had Lyme and babesia for
about 48 yrs.

Began gluten-free July 19 '06
Native TEXAN living in Missouri

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 06:33 AM

Regarding this Ed Snider guy, all I can say is "The Lord works in mysterious ways........"

Hugs.
Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#18 ms_sillyak_screwed

ms_sillyak_screwed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 09:59 AM

We've got to get him on our board.....you know, in all his free time.....

Oh Iwrote an email to Oprah today about Celiac and how aghast I am that she has not addressed it....wonder how many of us have emailed her??

YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED HOW MANY DOCTORS AND OTHERS ARE ON THIS SITE, lurking and looming posting ANONYMOUSLY.

FORGET OPRAH she's useless!

Hi Dingogirl:
I don't know what's up with Oprah, we went on a letter writing campaign last year and she never responded.

Many of us worked very hard tring to get Oprah on our side. I'm no longer a fan. We can make a big impact in other ways.

I think it's good news this comcast guy has celiac disease. Welcome to our world!

#19 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:56 AM

YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED HOW MANY DOCTORS AND OTHERS ARE ON THIS SITE, lurking and looming posting ANONYMOUSLY.

FORGET OPRAH she's useless!
Many of us worked very hard tring to get Oprah on our side. I'm no longer a fan. We can make a big impact in other ways.

I think it's good news this comcast guy has celiac disease. Welcome to our world!

Hey - how do you know about the lurking doctors? that is crazy! :lol: and of course fantastic...

No, I haven't given up on Oprah, but my new target is Dr. Mehmet Oz - - we should bombard HIM with letters!
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#20 ms_sillyak_screwed

ms_sillyak_screwed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 08:30 PM

Hey - how do you know about the lurking doctors? that is crazy! :lol: and of course fantastic...

Because I know a couple that are...

#21 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:51 AM

Phenomenal!!!! This is amazing... I love that he's already taking the initiative with those articles.

Power/pull + initiative = success.

#22 lindalee

lindalee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:44 PM

Hi Dingogirl:
I don't know what's up with Oprah, we went on a letter writing campaign last year and she never responded. It's beyond my understanding why someone has not picked up on this and done a show. They could help so many people. Anyway, let us know if you hear anything

Oprah LOVES her bread! She tries to stay away from it. Maybe if she thought it might harm her she would listen. She has said in the past -how it puts weight on her thighs. Haven't watched her much lately (been on this site LOL :lol: LL
Lee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: