This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Comcast Big Wig Has Celiac

floridanative

floridanative Community Regular

Some lady from www.celiaccentral.org spoke to our suport group on Sat. and said the Comcast CEO or CFO (or something like that) was dx'd with Celiac. He is promoting charity event to raise awareness/money for research so he has Fortune and Money magazines doing articles about it. The Money article runs in Dec. issue and Fortune runs in the Nov. 13th issue. Comcast provides cable services all over the country. This could be big people!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Even though he's not a celebrity...he would certainly have some pull. Thanks. :P

jenvan Collaborator

Wow, that could be great for the celiac disease community. Hmmm, guess I need to mark my calendar in advance for these ! Thanks Tiffany!

ebrbetty Rising Star

that could really help us

jerseyangel Proficient

Boy, this could be huge! I hope he feels the same frustration as we do regarding the lack of awareness--he certainly has the ability to get the word out there--looks like he has already started! Looking forward to the articles--thanks, Tiffany :)

Guhlia Rising Star

Wow! This could be our big, mainstream break, huh? Thanks for posting!

floridanative Community Regular

Well my guess is this guy is frustrated because apparently he was sick for years and years and he was recently diagnosed, maybe less than a year ago. I'm going to try and find his name because I didn't write it down Saturday and the lady mentioned it a couple of times. Anyway, I really do think this could be great for all of us.

Okay - the guy is Ed Snider and he's the Chairman of Comcast. On the site above (old site called www.celiacawareness.com) there is a link about the Money/Fortune mag. articles and their issue dates. Time Warner is involved as well. Maybe they own Comcast...not sure about that. Yes - this is a very good thing. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

His name is Ed Snider.

And he won the 2005 William Penn award, whatever that is.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

We've got to get him on our board.....you know, in all his free time.....

Oh Iwrote an email to Oprah today about Celiac and how aghast I am that she has not addressed it....wonder how many of us have emailed her??

tarnalberry Community Regular

Ha! He can probably afford his own, dedicated chef, and train that chef to cook gluten-free for him! **whistfully dreams** :-P (He should still try the mariposa biscotti, though. :-D)

marciab Enthusiast

Yeah, I was thinking that he probably has his own chef too. BUT, he must go out sometime. Possibly the next time he goes to Trump's for dinner, he'll teach Donald about Celiac.

This could be very good for us... :D

debmidge Rising Star

Maybe Comcast can run some public info commercials about celiac for free......

Guest Robbin
:) Money talks, so maybe the message will get heard and the medical community will wake up when they get a whiff of green ;) . It is outrageous how long some people have to suffer before they get a dx, and how many die undx? I hope you are out there Mr. Snider and join us!!!
gfp Enthusiast
His name is Ed Snider.

And he won the 2005 William Penn award, whatever that is.

William Penn was by all accounts a pretty stand-up guy. (if not a button down guy)

Voltaire wrote about him in his "Letter's concerning the English" and his tolerance and treaty's with the native populations were legendary.

Open Original Shared Link

Ha! He can probably afford his own, dedicated chef

He can but that doesn't mean he will. He is also experienced in changing and forging legislation ....

Rikki Tikki Explorer

Hi Dingogirl:

I don't know what's up with Oprah, we went on a letter writing campaign last year and she never responded. It's beyond my understanding why someone has not picked up on this and done a show. They could help so many people. Anyway, let us know if you hear anything

Lymetoo Contributor
Hi Dingogirl:

I don't know what's up with Oprah, we went on a letter writing campaign last year and she never responded. It's beyond my understanding why someone has not picked up on this and done a show. They could help so many people. Anyway, let us know if you hear anything

Same thing with Lyme disease. Even some of her best buddies have Lyme, but she won't do a show on it. Alice Walker [The Color Purple], Amy Tan [Joy Luck Club] and Rebecca Wallace [Ya-Ya Sisterhood] all have Lyme. People are falling victim to this disease every day and their lives will never be the same....and it does kill people.

Any national exposure for celiacs and other "obscure" illnesses is great news!

Canadian Karen Community Regular

Regarding this Ed Snider guy, all I can say is "The Lord works in mysterious ways........"

Hugs.

Karen

ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast

Oh Iwrote an email to Oprah today about Celiac and how aghast I am that she has not addressed it....wonder how many of us have emailed her??

YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED HOW MANY DOCTORS AND OTHERS ARE ON THIS SITE, lurking and looming posting ANONYMOUSLY.

FORGET OPRAH she's useless!

Hi Dingogirl:

I don't know what's up with Oprah, we went on a letter writing campaign last year and she never responded.

Many of us worked very hard tring to get Oprah on our side. I'm no longer a fan. We can make a big impact in other ways.

I think it's good news this comcast guy has celiac disease. Welcome to our world!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED HOW MANY DOCTORS AND OTHERS ARE ON THIS SITE, lurking and looming posting ANONYMOUSLY.

FORGET OPRAH she's useless!

Many of us worked very hard tring to get Oprah on our side. I'm no longer a fan. We can make a big impact in other ways.

I think it's good news this comcast guy has celiac disease. Welcome to our world!

Hey - how do you know about the lurking doctors? that is crazy! :lol: and of course fantastic...

No, I haven't given up on Oprah, but my new target is Dr. Mehmet Oz - - we should bombard HIM with letters!

ms-sillyak-screwed Enthusiast
Hey - how do you know about the lurking doctors? that is crazy! :lol: and of course fantastic...

Because I know a couple that are...

celiac3270 Collaborator

Phenomenal!!!! This is amazing... I love that he's already taking the initiative with those articles.

Power/pull + initiative = success.

lindalee Enthusiast
Hi Dingogirl:

Oprah LOVES her bread! She tries to stay away from it. Maybe if she thought it might harm her she would listen. She has said in the past -how it puts weight on her thighs. Haven't watched her much lately (been on this site LOL :lol: LL

Archived