Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Trace Amounts Of Gluten Acceptable

27 posts in this topic

it sounds to me like nothing has changed in the companies and the laws. This is the same for other disclaimers on foods.

if a food ingredient is a 'trade secret' they do not have to list it either I beleive unless that too has changed.

i am not surprised by write up.

truth is when i eat something that says gluten free i look at the labeling anyways.

but yeah...I'm not surprised that this is being studied and applied in this way for business reasons in companies. it also helps them that are too lazy to do the extra work of actually trying to make things allergen free for concumers.

Dear Board Members:

I will start this with a disclaimer: My opinion and comments in the forthcoming message are in no way to be construed as anti-Semitic. Rather it's a criticism of the US, state & local government and how they use their "food inspection offices." So please do not try to pick it apart and look for an offending "hidden meaning." I don't want this thing to get kooky like the Catholic host subject.

Many years ago observant Jewish people had a hard time with merchants who claimed to be selling them Kosher food. For religious, not health reasons, that's the only kind of food which they are allowed to eat. At some point, the government stepped in and made it against the law for food manufacturers to declare anything Kosher when it's not.

My point is: I think celiacs are due the same governmental consideration. Even more so because it's a health issue. It's an issue of life or death, not a personal preference. Perhaps we should demand that the govt. keep gluten-free food labeling on the forefront always. Never let the govt lose sight of it.