2 replies to this topic

#1 j9n

j9n

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:47 AM

I promised my son for his 16th birthday I would take him to the Warped Concert in Sacramento. It is basically a day long concert with alot of music, vendors, skateboarding demontrations, etc. They have a reverse babysitting tent for parents, LOL. They are very strict about what you can bring in, no outside food, drinks, etc. I plan on bring with me foods I can eat before hand and generally since it is very hot I only drink water. I hope I can make it the rest of the day without food! I don't know what would be safe to eat there, I am sure nothing except mabe the fresh potato chips or bags of fritos! Has anyone tried to bring food into these venues? I wonder if I have a doctors note or something they would let me bring something in.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 j9n

j9n

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:53 AM

Oops, nevermind I just checked with them and I can bring in my own food in a plastic bag. I wan't sure. One concert hall I went to was so strict they made me through out my altoids

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:57 AM

Just for reference, most venues must - by law - make allowances for disability (which celiac counts as, in this sense) including allowing you to bring your own food. Call the customer service number, when in doubt, and don't be afraid to give them heck! (I do!)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: