This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Something Is Not Right

Guest BERNESES

Guest BERNESES

Thanks everyone... getting a little frustrated as I "did" the test on Monday and still haven't gotten the results. Ugh! Still feeling oogy but hanging in there.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BERNESES

Well... it's C Diff- shocker after what happened in the bathroom this morning. :P

They gave me Flagyl 500 mg 3 times a day for 10 days. Let's hope the cure isn't worse than the disease. And the flagyl BETTER be gluten-free.

oceangirl Collaborator
It is very hazy, hot and humid in Orono and this weekend I had what I thought was allergy-induced fever, nausea, headache, fatigue and all that wonderful stuff. Turns out that there's a nasty bug going around.

Antibiotics and I are not very good friends.

Garlic and lavender oil!

Garlic and lavender oil!

Of course, not together and if your son isn't doing better on those...

Anyway, glad to see another Maineuh!

:)

Miles2go,

Hi!!! I just saw your post-thank you. I graduated from UMO in 1980! I love Orono! Nice to hear from another Mainer! What a great state we have, eh? Take good care.

lisa

Guest BERNESES

Hey you Mainers- stop hijacking my thread :P .

Actually, I'm totally kidding. I LOVE Maine and made several trips up to Orono when I was an undergrad at UNH. Close friend graduated from there in '87. Fun school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

penguin Community Regular
Well... it's C Diff- shocker after what happened in the bathroom this morning. :P

They gave me Flagyl 500 mg 3 times a day for 10 days. Let's hope the cure isn't worse than the disease. And the flagyl BETTER be gluten-free.

Well, that blows (probably literally :ph34r: ). Hope it's not too bad for you!

Guest BERNESES
Well, that blows (probably literally :ph34r: ). Hope it's not too bad for you!

Dude- You KILL me. Actually, you have no idea how bad it blows. :P Let's just say Old Faithful.

oceangirl Collaborator
Dude- You KILL me. Actually, you have no idea how bad it blows. :P Let's just say Old Faithful.

Berneses-

Sorry! And hope you're feeling MUCH better soon!

lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lymetoo Contributor

I hear ya loud and clear. I'm not feeling so hot myself. I would continue taking probiotics, but make sure they are gluten free. I've had trouble with Primal Defense, and I don't think they are gluten-free AT ALL.

Check into PB8 and Theralac. Check them to make sure they are OK. I just got dxd, so I haven't checked those yet.

PB8 can be found at www.vitacost.com for about 40% off. Theralac is only at www.theralac.com Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement. My goal is to help you!

Here is some info on systemic yeast that may help as well.

Candida diet and elimination:

Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

"Successful control and elminiation of a Candida Albicans overgrowth requires a multifaceted program as described below. Failure to follow ALL the steps simultaneously will result in slow progress and will lengthen healing time significantly. The program should be tailored to the individual and must balance the need to eliminate the Candida and deprive it of its food source while insuring proper nutrition for the individual."

Five Steps to Candida Elimination:

1. You must starve it into submission by eliminating its food source.

2. You must kill it with anti-fungal herbs and supplements. [e.g....garlic, onion, caprylic acid, Pau D'Arco capsules or tea, clove, grapefruit seed extract, olive leaf extract, oil of oregano, tea tree oil, Echinacea, Goldenseal, black walnut, MSM, barberry root, uva ursi, neem leaf, biotin]

3. You must reestablish the proper balance and quantity of probiotic bacteria in the digestive tract. [...multi-strain lactobacillus acidophilus and bifidus capsules with FOS should be taken between meals to maximize repopulation of the digestive tract by beneficial bacteria.]

4. You must reestablish proper levels of all B vitamins (yeast free) and utilize other immune enhancing supplements to boost immune system function. [e.g ... B complex vitamins (yeast free), biotin, beta 1-3 glucan, colostrum, maitake mushroom, vitamins A, C, E, zinc and selenium]

5. You must cleanse and heal the digestive tract to promote proper elimination of toxins and Candida and assimilation of nutrients. [e.g...chlorophyll, MSM, omega 3 fatty acids found in flax seed and salmon oils, GLA found in borage, evening primrose and black currant oils. Pantothenic acid, digestive enzymes between meals]

Feel better soon!! :)

StrongerToday Enthusiast

As my dr. once asked me when trying to describe my D "is your a$$ like a fountain" :lol::lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OMG Bev, it is C. Diff! I guess I feel a mixture of relief and pain for you - - and yes, I DO happen to know how it blows...like a fire hydrant, as I recall....you poor thing! I do hope you feel better soon....the Flagyl is very powerful stuff....keep a watch for other symptoms caused by THAT (like you don't have enough to worry about)....

Hopefully you'll be feeling better veyr soon, but, it IS good to know that it's not something you're eating, at least...

hugs!

Guest BERNESES

OMG- You guys are soooooooooooo awesome and funny! Lyme too- Thank you for all that info. It's all good to know. Does your user name mean you have Lyme's disease too? Ugh!

Thanks for cracking me up and giving me great advice! B

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Beverly,

That sucks but I'm glad you found out. The Flagyl is gluten free. I took the generic Metronidazole. It was the worst 2 weeks ever. I couldnt wait for it to be over. I never actually retested to make sure if it was gone or not after the antibiotics but you reminded me to do this. I'm in the process of retesting now. Good luck with the Flagyl!

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Bev--I am one of the few that took the metronidazole and had no problem with it. It was years ago, and I remember the doctor telling me just not to drink any alcohol while I was on it--it would make me vomit. I hope your experience will be as uneventful as mine was! :)

Guest BERNESES

Thanks for your replies. So far so good. Still feel poopy but no more so that this a.m. Just want this thing outta me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lymetoo Contributor

Yes, I have Lyme too. Ugh. I'm mostly over it, but it will always be there, causing trouble when I least expect it. :o

I'm glad you liked the info on yeast. I've dealt with it alot.

As for flagyl. Not my favorite. Took months and months of it for Lyme. It works on "cysts" which the Lyme bacteria create. Hard to explain and i'm sure you'd rather not hear it!! ;)

Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Guest BERNESES

Well... today seems aa little better. I slept MUCH better last night which always helps. I am just drinking a ton, taking my probiotics, eating very bland and unprocessed. I feel better but I still have D which is OK as I'm getting the toxin out.

Lymetoo- That stinks. Lyme disease is horrible. Glad it's mostly over for you. It's pretty prevalent in the Northeast where I live because we have such a large deer population. My sister-in-law's sister had it and was on IV antibiotics for a LONG time. Very sick. She's all better now and getting ready to have her first child. :D

jerseyangel Proficient

My husband had Lyme Disease last month. He was due to leave on a trip, and I noticed a round rash on his arm with a red bite mark in the center. I told him he should get it checked out before he left--he then told me he had been having a stiff neck, and headaches(!) Long story short, it was caught early, and 3 weeks of Doxycycline cleared it up. Although the first week or so on the meds, he was absolutely exhausted all the time. He was lucky, one of his cousin's daughters who lives in Mass. has Lyme, and has been on IV antibiotics for a long time now--she's having a rough time.

Bev--good to hear things are going better! :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

BEV, WOW I TURN MY BACK FOR 5 DAYS AND C-DIFF APPEARS :ph34r::o:blink::o:blink:

i'M SO VERY SORRY BUT GLAD YOU FOUND THE REASON.

HOW IS THE FAGEL (?) DOING WITH YOU??????

ARE YOU ABLE TO TOLLERATE IT?

GOSH, YOU NEED A BREAK TOO.

HOW IS HUBBY DOING??

HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO BE ON IT? GLAD PATTI CAN TELL OF A GOOD EXPERIECE ON IT.

LET'S HOPE IT 'RUNS IT COURSE' AND IS 'OUTA THERE ASAP!!!! ;)

KEEP IN TOUCH OK.

HUGS

JUDY

Guest BERNESES

You know, honestly, I was expecting much worse but the Flagyl seems to have kicked in and the D has stopped. I'm starting to feel better, still tired but able to eat more. Only problem is I'm going from D to C which is bad because I need to get this stuff out of me and I'm getting a yeast infection. :ph34r:

I'm on it for 10 days. I think I have 6 days left. I'll tell you though- these things are horse pills and they taste like cement (well- I've never actually tasted cement but this is what I imagine :P ).

I think I lost like 10 pounds in 10 days (the hard way).

Hubby is doing MUCH better. starting to relax a bit and not worry that every time he has a twinge in his body that he's having another stroke. He's angry that it happened to him which I think is normal but now I think he's starting to move on.

Things WILL get better. :huh::D

amber-rose Contributor

I'm new to this Celiac's disease. I've probably had it for half my life, but I actually just got diagnosed with Celiacs 5 months ago. I'm am 14 almost 15.

I changed my diet completely, but was still having problems. I decided to take a look at the vitamins I was taking, 2 out of the 3 vitamins I was taking contained gluten!! I was suprised, so I had to find a different brand that didn't contain gluten. Also my family and I share the same butter and mayo (they don't have Celiac's), just the crumbs in the butter and mayo made me have problems. Even just gum. Hope this helped! :)

-amber

Archived