This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Sandwich Subsitute

flagbabyds

granny Rookie
Not sure if I missed anyone mentioning this or not, but I found that hotdogs taste super in corn tortillas...kind of like a much better than the originial corn dog!

LisaB,

Thanks for the supper idea!! I can 't wait to try it! What brand hot daogs do you use? I love hot dogs and really miss corndogs. Granny

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

burdee Enthusiast

Thanks Granny! :D Mission is a brand I see in many supermarkets. The ingredients look fairly innocuous, but I may call the company to check. I must avoid gluten, dairy and soy, but those ingredients look okay. I just worry about companies who don't have dedicated lines for corn tortillas so they run wheat tortillas on the same production lines. So I will check out their factory procedures. Thanks for the tip. I'm getting tired of tacos and want to try wraps! ;)

BURDEE

MichelleC Apprentice

Re; conr tortillas...my favorite lunch is corn tortillas spread with gluten-free refried beans, cheese, sometimes chicken...then toasted in the toaster oven. Very yummy.

As for bread...you all need to try Manna from Anna mix. It's awesome. Anyone try it and not like it?

Enjoy!

Michelle

• 2 weeks later...
lesliewatts Newbie

Responding to all the bread talk...our whole family is gluten-free to make it easier for our daughter and to avoid contamination issues. If you live near a Whole Foods, keep asking for their Gluten Free Bakery Items. They just opened a Gluten Free Distribution House in Cary, NC and are shipping to the all their stores in the East. Their stuff is great, pricey, but awesome. Their sandwich bread is really good, I finally had a tomato sandwich (it's a southern thing!!) this weekend!!!

We just started getting shipments last Friday at our store in Raleigh, so ask your Whole Foods if they will be getting the items. I have also tried the blueberry muffins, brownies, molasses cookies and choc. chip cookies. You can not tell the difference in the gluten-free stuff and the regular. The guy who started this whole thing has celiac disease and is their Head Baker/Manager.

burdee Enthusiast

Leslie: Are those gluten-free bakery items under the Whole Foods label? They post on their website a list of all the brand names of gluten-free products they carry, and each individual store can give you a list of gluten-free products in that particular store. But do you mean that Whole Foods is producing their own line of gluten-free breads and pastries?? I know thay carry the Food For Life Rice Almond and Rice Pecan breads, but will they carry gluten-free bakery items under their own label?

BURDEE

Archived