2 replies to this topic

#1 kerri124

kerri124

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 09:18 AM

I have been gluten-free for a little over 3 months now. Last night and now again this morning when I go to the bathroom it is oily orange stool and oily discharge. Sorry to have to ask about this I know its gross! I just don't know how else to ask. I have never had this happen to me before going gluten-free and have never had it happen since going gluten-free until yesterday. Anyone have any clue as to whats going on? I have also had some abdominal bloating and gas the past few days as well. Thanks in advance. And again sorry about the TMI.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 06:58 AM

Hi.

I can only think that it had to be something you ate. Do you remember eating or drinking anything that was orange. The reason I ask this is that whenever I have the blue KoolAid or drink any kind of grape drink, the next day, my stools are blue. Weird, eh? Also, mine are quite often mucousy. With celiac, that is quite common.

Hope this helps, and I hope it has subsided for you by now!!!

Have a great day
Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#3 catfish

catfish

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:00 PM

This could also be a problem with your gall bladder/bile duct. Bile is used to break down fats, so it is possible that it is not doing the job for some reason. Or it could be that you overloaded it with too much fat/oil. After bile is further broken down it turns dark brown, so its absence could account for the discoration. Also, before it gets broken down it is yellow or green in color, so a surplus of it that gets carried through the intestines too quickly could cause discoloration as well. And yes, artificial colorings or other foods can also cause discoloration. I would try to think back to something you ate that could cause any of these things, and especially if it happens again you could try and find a correlation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: