This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Enterolab

Linda56

Linda56 Apprentice

Just wanting an opinion. I ordered the Screening test for gluten sensitivity (Fecal antigliadin IgA antibody*) from Enterolab. I sent it to them. I ordered that one because I can't really afford to order all the tests. I am hoping that would be the one most likely to let me know if I might have celiac disease. Can someone tell me what they think if I wasted my money it was 99 plus 20 for shipping. Thanks Linda

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mayflowers Contributor

I just ordered the full panal. I can't afford it but... I was reading a few posts and more than one person said they were satisfied with the testing results. If you do take the results to your doctor, they'll want to order their own tests anyway.

Guest Robbin

Hi and welcome. It was so worth it for me. I cannot speak highly enough of Enterolab. I couldn't afford it either, really who wants to spend money like that if it is for nothing, but they are reliable and if you have questions about your results, they email you an answer pretty quick. I found them to be very professional and right on target with me. I shudder to think what condition I would be in if I hadn't found them. Take care and good luck to you.

Linda56 Apprentice

Thank you both for your replies.

Linda

Ursa Major Collaborator

Linda, you definitely didn't waste your money, at least when you get the results, you'll know one way or the other. They appear to be very reliable and very professional. The stool test is a lot more sensitive than either the blood test or the scope for gluten intolerance.

AndreaB Contributor

I highly recommend enterolab and you won't be disappointed. I had my whole family tested and we didn't really have the money either. I am so glad we did because we found out that 3 of 4 of us have active gluten intolerance. We didn't go through a doctor or anything, just had testing done based on my allergy tests and curiosity. It is well worth the expense. The IgA will tell you whether you have active gluten intolerance. They can't diagnose celiac, but the two are pretty much the same, gluten-free for life.

Sarah8793 Enthusiast
Just wanting an opinion. I ordered the Screening test for gluten sensitivity (Fecal antigliadin IgA antibody*) from Enterolab. I sent it to them. I ordered that one because I can't really afford to order all the tests. I am hoping that would be the one most likely to let me know if I might have celiac disease. Can someone tell me what they think if I wasted my money it was 99 plus 20 for shipping. Thanks Linda

Hi Linda,

I think the test you ordered was the best one to get if you don't want to spend much. It is the one that will tell you whether your body is reacting. The gene test is more for additional info. It doesn't tell you whether your body is reacting at this time. It is expensive, I just did several tests on myself. But I believe the insight it provides is so valuable, I have ordered tests for my children now. I justify it financially because it can alter our lives. I have also been very happy with the staff at EnteroLab. I have called a couple of times now with questions and each time someone answers and politely helps me.

Sarah

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mayflowers Contributor

Hi and welcome. It was so worth it for me. I cannot speak highly enough of Enterolab. I couldn't afford it either, really who wants to spend money like that if it is for nothing, but they are reliable and if you have questions about your results, they email you an answer pretty quick. I found them to be very professional and right on target with me. I shudder to think what condition I would be in if I hadn't found them. Take care and good luck to you.

Robbin,

My mother told me I was born 95% allergic ..to most everything. I think I outgrew most of them but I shudder to think the testing that would be involved to find all my allergies. Nothing causes a life threatening reaction with me so that is the reason that I haven't been tested before. Now, I'm having stomach problems and I accidently noticed it worsened after eating wheat. First it was only from whole grain bread, now I get some symptoms even from white bread and oats. My weight being up was another suspect symptom.

I wanted to know if you read the Paleo Diet ? This doc thinks people shouldn't eat grains, dairy or legumes. Our ancestors didn't eat these things. It's pretty good read.

Archived