#16 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:34 PM

Hi & welcome

I wish I lived where your at!!! I spent two months in Alaska last summer, we drove from Pennsylvania, ended up with 12,755 miles all toll... It was a great experience and we hope to do it again in2009.
I know the Fred Meyer store has some gluten-free stuff, and there are a couple of health food stores but honestly I can't remember their names but I found them on a google search and in the Anchorage phone book.
If you get to Fairbanks we ate at Pioneer Park and I had no problem.
Are you there with the military or where are you originally from? Truly Anchorage is the only place we seen alot of homeless people. We loved the little town of Chicken, Homer, kenai area and Valdez.
In Vancouver there are several places to order from. LIV-N-Well has a fairly large selection,Quejos buns are there as well as some larger mfg's of gluten-free foods.
I think Alaska is the closest place to heaven, it is one of the most beautiful states....

You can have all the fresh salmon and halibut, you are so lucky.... I'm jealous-- I just finished what we caught and now I want more...
There is a store on the outskirts of Homer that has gluten-free stuff too.
A great cookbook would be the one by Annalise Roberts, her recipes are wonderful. I do almost all mailorder because there is not alot where I live. I stock up about four times a year....
Nini has a great starter kit if you are interested.

blessings

mamaw

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: