Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Step Aerobics, Dance Aerobics Classes

7 posts in this topic

Anybody do aerobics classes, step, dance/salsa, jazzercise, whatever, and have a good shoe recommendation?

I used to do a lot of aerobics, but it's been a while and I currently only have running shoes so I need to get something more appropriate for aerobic/dance.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Ads by Google:
Anybody do aerobics classes, step, dance/salsa, jazzercise, whatever, and have a good shoe recommendation?

I used to do a lot of aerobics, but it's been a while and I currently only have running shoes so I need to get something mor appropriate for aerobic/dance.

I won't promote a specific brand or style, as each person is different. Look for cross-trainers and shoes made specifically for aerobics. The heels on the running shoes have too much of a flange to facilitate the lateral movements used in aerobics. Good support and cushioning is a must. Your better brands cost more, but well worth the investment. Try lots on, (try the salesperson's patience - just don't "settle" for one that will work). Me, I swear by New Balance, but even then I try on different styles since they are different. Nike is good too, but then I have a long skinny foot and the lasts of these two brands seem to suit me fine. For me, Reeboks are out.

Hope this helps some.

Annette

I used to do a lot of aerobics, but it's been a while and I currently only have running shoes so I need to get something mor appropriate for aerobic/dance.

I get a different brand, it seems, every time it's time for new ones. I agree with the advice above about trying them on. I walk around the store for a while with them on. If you're going to use them on a hard surface try to test them on a harder surface. I do mine at home, so the carpeted store is fine.

Thanks Annette and Donna for the suggestions. :)

I won't promote a specific brand or style, as each person is different. Look for cross-trainers and shoes made specifically for aerobics. The heels on the running shoes have too much of a flange to facilitate the lateral movements used in aerobics. Good support and cushioning is a must. Your better brands cost more, but well worth the investment. Try lots on, (try the salesperson's patience - just don't "settle" for one that will work). Me, I swear by New Balance, but even then I try on different styles since they are different. Nike is good too, but then I have a long skinny foot and the lasts of these two brands seem to suit me fine. For me, Reeboks are out.

Hope this helps some.

Annette

i secong that one. i too have new balance and they are good, nike are ok but forget reebok and addidas, up to you of course as everyone is different but my opinion they not so good, i have a wide foot and none of the others give me enough width.

Just an update, I finally got my cross-trainers for the aerobics/dance classes and I went with the New Balance.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions/tips :)

Just an update, I finally got my cross-trainers for the aerobics/dance classes and I went with the New Balance.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions/tips :)

You're very welcome and have fun!

Annette