6 replies to this topic

#1 Green12

Green12

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:16 AM

Anybody do aerobics classes, step, dance/salsa, jazzercise, whatever, and have a good shoe recommendation?

I used to do a lot of aerobics, but it's been a while and I currently only have running shoes so I need to get something more appropriate for aerobic/dance.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nettiebeads

nettiebeads

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:14 PM

Anybody do aerobics classes, step, dance/salsa, jazzercise, whatever, and have a good shoe recommendation?

I used to do a lot of aerobics, but it's been a while and I currently only have running shoes so I need to get something mor appropriate for aerobic/dance.

I won't promote a specific brand or style, as each person is different. Look for cross-trainers and shoes made specifically for aerobics. The heels on the running shoes have too much of a flange to facilitate the lateral movements used in aerobics. Good support and cushioning is a must. Your better brands cost more, but well worth the investment. Try lots on, (try the salesperson's patience - just don't "settle" for one that will work). Me, I swear by New Balance, but even then I try on different styles since they are different. Nike is good too, but then I have a long skinny foot and the lasts of these two brands seem to suit me fine. For me, Reeboks are out.
Hope this helps some.
Annette
gluten-free since Oct 1996

#3 dlp252

dlp252

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

I used to do a lot of aerobics, but it's been a while and I currently only have running shoes so I need to get something mor appropriate for aerobic/dance.

I get a different brand, it seems, every time it's time for new ones. I agree with the advice above about trying them on. I walk around the store for a while with them on. If you're going to use them on a hard surface try to test them on a harder surface. I do mine at home, so the carpeted store is fine.

#4 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 12:29 PM

Thanks Annette and Donna for the suggestions. :)

#5 taz sharratt

taz sharratt

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:54 PM

I won't promote a specific brand or style, as each person is different. Look for cross-trainers and shoes made specifically for aerobics. The heels on the running shoes have too much of a flange to facilitate the lateral movements used in aerobics. Good support and cushioning is a must. Your better brands cost more, but well worth the investment. Try lots on, (try the salesperson's patience - just don't "settle" for one that will work). Me, I swear by New Balance, but even then I try on different styles since they are different. Nike is good too, but then I have a long skinny foot and the lasts of these two brands seem to suit me fine. For me, Reeboks are out.
Hope this helps some.
Annette

i secong that one. i too have new balance and they are good, nike are ok but forget reebok and addidas, up to you of course as everyone is different but my opinion they not so good, i have a wide foot and none of the others give me enough width.
married with 3 boys, maclain, dylan and finlay. symptoms for more than 10 years but only diagnosed may 06. lactose and casien intolerant may 06.

#6 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:05 PM

Just an update, I finally got my cross-trainers for the aerobics/dance classes and I went with the New Balance.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions/tips :)

#7 nettiebeads

nettiebeads

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:14 AM

Just an update, I finally got my cross-trainers for the aerobics/dance classes and I went with the New Balance.

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions/tips :)

You're very welcome and have fun!
Annette
gluten-free since Oct 1996

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: