This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dining In Atlanta

Emeraldcity

Emeraldcity Newbie

Can anyone provide me with some restaurants in the Atlanta area that have gluten free options? The area I am looking for is around the Marriott Marquis hotel.

Any ideas? Thank you..

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kim Explorer

The Marriott Marquis is downtown. There are several restaurants there including Morton's Steakhouse (be sure to instruct that they not put the au jui on the steak as that contains gluten) Dailey's (be very explicit in your instructions and speak with the chef/manager, not just the waiter). If you take a subway/cab to Buckhead, there are lots of great places to eat. Fogo de Chao (Brazilian steakhouse) - lots of great gluten-free food, beware the mashed potatoes have flour in them, but the meats are fine, the salad bar is exceptional and mostly fine -- the wait staff is very knowledgeable and will be able to help you, Meritage, excellent food, knowledgeable staff, Blue Pointe (excellent food, they should accommodate you), Mambo (Cuban restaurant in Virginia Highlands) very good food, most naturally gluten-free, small kitchen with accommodating chef..

I could go on. Is there something in particular you like? Will you have a car?

Kim.

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I have been looking for places to eat here! I am in Woodstock (Cherokee Country) 40 minutes from Atlanta. What else do you know about?!?

Kristina

Emeraldcity Newbie

Unfortunately I will be car less this trip, it is a working trip so most all days will be in conferences in the hotel....... but I did forget about Morton's I went there before and it is just across the street....... But the Brazilian restaurant sounds fab!!

Kim Explorer

If you can get a group of (fun) people together, the Imperial Fez (Morroccan) is a lot of fun and very gluten-free friendly.

Twist and Prime (in Lenox and Phipps Plaza) and Goldfish (Perimeter) are all owned by the same company and I've had very good meals at all three, with attentive and knowledgeable wait staff. Never a problem.

Phuket Tai (Buford Highway and N. Druid Hills) very good Tai food.

Downtown, City Grill is pretty expensive and it's been a while since I've been, but I recall it being good, Emerald City, so if you have an expense account, you may want to try it out.

Good luck and happy eating. Kim.

murda Apprentice

Kim,

Is Phuket Tai really ok to eat at? I quit eating there, I just assumed I couldn't. Please tell me what you know about there food, I would love to go back!

Thanks,

Michelle

Kim Explorer

Hi Michelle,

I've had no problems. I explained what was not okay (wheat, etc..) and said I had a food allergy and couldn't have soy sauce. I ate pad tai for sure. We had several items, I can't remember everything, but I didn't have any problems. and the food was really good (and conveniently located for me). Any curry/coconut milk based food will be fine. A lot of times, they have specials that if you ask about them, they're fine. I eat at Tai restaurants when I travel a lot and never have problems. (I should say, I am very sensitive and get sick from the slightest amount of gluten so I am neurotically careful). Kim.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
Emeraldcity Newbie

Great news, especially on the Thai food......I love that!!! :D :D And I DEFINITELY plan to use that expense account! :D Thanks so much for the information. Very helpful!

scudderkidwell Rookie

Great news about the resturants in Atlanta, especially around the Marriott, as my husband is a Celiac. We will be there for a convention in September. Any suggestions on inexpensive eating places in the general area? Also, any suggestions on what to pack for food that will last a few days incase we don't have time to get out to a real resturant? We don't much care for McDonalds or Burger king because my husband can't handle greasy, oily foods. Thanks for your help.

Wife of a Celiac, Jean

Kim Explorer

Jean, which Marriott are you staying at -- if you let me know, I can recommend places near you (I assume you'll want walking distance? or will you have a car?). Kim, Atlanta

scudderkidwell Rookie

Hi Kim,

We'll be staying at Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Would prefer walking distance. That way we don't have to pay so much in parking.

Thanks, Jean

Archived