#1 Sandi

Sandi

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:45 PM

HI
After 5 years of going to DR to DR, I dx myself with celiac or Gluten sensitivity. My symptoms fit it so well.
Abdominal cramping/bloating. Abdominal distention to the point of being painful. Constipation, Edema, Energy loss, Fatigue. Flatus, Mouth sores or cracks in the corners, Muscle cramping (Especially in the hands and legs) I have terrible leg cramps at night. Skin (Very dry) . Stools (Hard, Small, Foul smelling. Tooth enamel defects. Weakness, Depression, Unable to concentrate, Iron-deficiency anemia,nausea, heart burn, bone pain, abnormal menses, acid reflex, starting to get arthritis in my thumbs, I can go on. If I go gluten free, the systems abate and I feel human again, My legs stop almost the burning feeling, so do my hands, I don't feel so dragged out.
So I go to my DR and he ordered these tests, I have been 80% gluten free for 5-6 weeks now. Yes i cheat and its denial, and as soon as I cheat i am sick, heart burn, nausa,painful cramps about an hour later,
I am over weight (300) and i dont have the diarreha
this was i received from the DR
my glucose fasting is 14H (65-105mg/dl)
Potassium 4.8 (3.5-5.3)
Cholesterol total 236
LDL chol 156

hemoglobin 10.l
hemacrit 32.2
mcv 65.4
mch 20.3
mchc 31.
rdw 18.9
platelet count 484H
Said
mod. anisocytosis
slight hypochrochromasis
slight microcytosis
mod. elliptocytes

platelet estimate increased
vit. 12,folate 741
tissue transglutam AB IGA <20 (<20 neg)

gliadin AB (IGG,A
Gliadin AB (IGA <20

Gliadin AB (IGG) pending

hemoglobin A1c 6.0H %

tissue transglutam AB IGG 3 (<20 neg)
quest labs.

Now the DR says I am not either celiac or gluten sensitive.
but I clear up and feel so much better when i am gluten free,
what could be wrong ? shouldnt I listen to my body, my dr laughed when i said that. He wasnt concerned about the burning feet, hands (its so bad sometimes i lay in bed crying, yes i know its time for a new dr. but what do i do now
Should i do the endolabs?
is being gluten free 80% of the time for 5-6 weeks enough to change the blood results, as i get older i am finding i am allegic to more and more food.
what do i do now
sandi

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kalo

kalo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:13 PM

Hi Sandi. It's clear that you have been gluten-free and therefore it screwed your work. In order for it to show up (if it will show up) you need to be full time on gluten. I would definately do enterolabs.com. However, if you feel better on a gluten-free diet you pretty much have your answer. Enterolabs will only confirm it and you do not have to be gluten-free for it to show up. Keep us posted.
Hugs, Carol B Enterolab diagnosed gluten sensitive and casein allergic June 04

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: