7 replies to this topic

#1 AliWhit52

AliWhit52

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:07 PM

A while ago, I checked the McDonald's gluten free menu and they said that both their fries and burgers were Gluten-Free. A few nights ago, I checked again to see if they'd updated since the french fry snafu (evidently they aren't ALL gluten free) and now the burgers no longer seem to be ok. Has anyone else heard anything about this? What's left to eat at McDonalds??

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 beaglemania

beaglemania

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:14 PM

the burgers aren't ok anymore?? I've always eaten their fires and burgers and have never gotten sick. But that's weird. We should probably email the company asking them.

Hamburger:
Beef Patty, Regular Bun, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle Slices, Onions (Dehydrated), Grill Seasoning

that's the ingredient list for MickeyD's hamburgers. Of course we get it without the bun of course. Do they have a separate section for Celiac Disease somewhere?? If so, could you please give me the link?

French Fries:
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef, wheat and dairy sources), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains derivatives of wheat and dairy.

I didn't know it said that. I've always eaten them and never gotten sick. Usually if I eat frys that are made in the same fryer I have "D"

#3 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 05:11 PM

Check this thread for info about the threads...

http://www.glutenfre...showtopic=21295

(and about a zillion more in the archives)

- Vincent -

#4 AliWhit52

AliWhit52

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 07:45 PM

Here's the link....

http://www.mcdonalds.../allergens.html

let me know what you think. A while ago I asked McDonald's to send me their Gluten-Free menu and it said burgers were ok. This seems to say otherwise...which sucks cause it's my usual fast food fix. I get a little gurgly after it, but other than that I am usually ok.

Guess I'll be eating Chic-Fil-A fries from now on :(

#5 lovegrov

lovegrov

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,536 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:26 PM

Folks, you really have to look further. Here's the ingredients of the beef patty.

Beef Patty:
100% pure USDA inspected beef; no additives, no fillers, no extenders.

If this isn't gluten-free, nothing is. No guarantees about CC though.

richard

#6 beaglemania

beaglemania

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:29 AM

McDonald's says their hamburgers have wheat in it, but maybe their just talking about the bun. The seasoning couldn't possibly have gluten in it, could it?? Maybe their just lying to protect themselves in case someone gets sick and trys to sue so they say it contains wheat to put people off of it.

#7 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 06:33 AM

Do not forget they will have crumb on counter, on their gloves, in their microwave, etc... its a game of russian rullete. (no clue on speeling). Eating out is risky, eating out at a fast food joint is amlost sucidal level risky, IMO.

I choose NOT to subject my son to that kind of risk, nor anyone else that ever may be in my care.

- Vincent -

#8 Felidae

Felidae

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 08:46 AM

And if you are a Canadian, the fries and hashbrowns are safe up here.
Tapioca intolerant
First cousin dx'd with Celiac Disease
Grandmother died of malnutrition b/c everything made her sick... sounds like celiac to me.
Gluten-free since June 2005
Dx with IBS February 2005
Blood tests both negative (or inconclusive?) for celiac (in 2002 and 2004)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: