Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Mcdonald's

8 posts in this topic

A while ago, I checked the McDonald's gluten free menu and they said that both their fries and burgers were Gluten-Free. A few nights ago, I checked again to see if they'd updated since the french fry snafu (evidently they aren't ALL gluten free) and now the burgers no longer seem to be ok. Has anyone else heard anything about this? What's left to eat at McDonalds??

Ads by Google:

the burgers aren't ok anymore?? I've always eaten their fires and burgers and have never gotten sick. But that's weird. We should probably email the company asking them.

Hamburger:

Beef Patty, Regular Bun, Ketchup, Mustard, Pickle Slices, Onions (Dehydrated), Grill Seasoning

that's the ingredient list for MickeyD's hamburgers. Of course we get it without the bun of course. Do they have a separate section for Celiac Disease somewhere?? If so, could you please give me the link?

French Fries:

Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef, wheat and dairy sources), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains derivatives of wheat and dairy.

I didn't know it said that. I've always eaten them and never gotten sick. Usually if I eat frys that are made in the same fryer I have "D"

Here's the link....

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/nutrition.../allergens.html

let me know what you think. A while ago I asked McDonald's to send me their Gluten-Free menu and it said burgers were ok. This seems to say otherwise...which sucks cause it's my usual fast food fix. I get a little gurgly after it, but other than that I am usually ok.

Guess I'll be eating Chic-Fil-A fries from now on :(

Folks, you really have to look further. Here's the ingredients of the beef patty.

Beef Patty:

100% pure USDA inspected beef; no additives, no fillers, no extenders.

If this isn't gluten-free, nothing is. No guarantees about CC though.

richard

McDonald's says their hamburgers have wheat in it, but maybe their just talking about the bun. The seasoning couldn't possibly have gluten in it, could it?? Maybe their just lying to protect themselves in case someone gets sick and trys to sue so they say it contains wheat to put people off of it.

Do not forget they will have crumb on counter, on their gloves, in their microwave, etc... its a game of russian rullete. (no clue on speeling). Eating out is risky, eating out at a fast food joint is amlost sucidal level risky, IMO.

I choose NOT to subject my son to that kind of risk, nor anyone else that ever may be in my care.

And if you are a Canadian, the fries and hashbrowns are safe up here.