4 replies to this topic

#1 lyndszai

lyndszai

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 05:24 PM

Well I was gluten-free for 3 months but im back on gulten foods for the blood test and ive been pretty miserable. My doctor told me to have one serving of gulten a day for a month.From what you know will one serving a month be enought time to show celaic and is one serving enough .I usually have it at night time but everytime im eat gluten-free foods I think that it will some how screw the test up .Have any advice or ideas it would be greatly appreciated I cant screw this up I know its celiac.
thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lovegrov

lovegrov

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:28 AM

You won't like this answer, but I know that Dr. Fasano says two servings per day for three months.

richard

#3 lyndszai

lyndszai

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 05:33 AM

really because if thats what it takes ill do it . I asked my doc if 1 month was enough she said it should be but everywhere I hear different and I dont really trust her judgement because shes only a peditiction.But thanks I will deffinialty do 2 servings now.

#4 celiac3270

celiac3270

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 08:31 AM

I agree with Richard that it would require more than 1 serving for a month....every doctor has his or her own opinion, but I think most would agree that one serving a day for a month is too little. Other than that, I don't have too much to add....except that I feel REALLY, REALLY sorry for you.

I've been gluten-free since February and my symptoms seem to be just beginning to abate (knock on wood :) ). Anyway, I can't imagine being on the diet for months, starting to see a little hope with symptoms, and then having to ruin it all...on purpose....all I can say is that I hope you get better soon after going gluten-free for the second time, hope that the doc. realizes that you DO have celiac disease after all this (even though you already know), and good luck in dealing with the symptoms. :(

-celiac3270

#5 lyndszai

lyndszai

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 11:10 AM

thanks.Its good to hear your feeling better. I incresed my amount of gluten to 2 servings a day and its hard , hard with one let alone two servings .All my symptoms are comming back and it hurts and feels like my stomach is like falling apart .Its ruining my life .I have a new symptom i think ... ever sence last friday when I started gulten back ive been getting really bad pains all threw my arms and legs its werid the doc just said oh its probly growing pains but it should last this long.Im gonna talk to the speciliest when I go up there before I get any test done because I want to make sure that he knows I was only on it for a month because if I have to do this I have to do it right.How long were you guys on gulten before you got the test?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: