51 replies to this topic

#31 lindalee

lindalee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

Thanks for the info. Mine seems ok since the alcohol treatment. So far -so good. LL
Lee

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 Rice Cakes

Rice Cakes

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:37 AM

I think I read somewhere that the yeast has an amino structure similar to wheat so that your body may be using up all its resource that are needed to digest wheat when you are fighting yeast problems.

Is Candida albicans a trigger in the onset of coeliac disease?

#33 Lymetoo

Lymetoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 03:25 PM

I have found that itching ears and scalp are related to sugar consumption [yeast]...or any other offending foods that create yeast.

I've also found that consuming coconut oil gets rid of my itchy, flaky scalp!!
Negative biopsy for celiac 1980
Fibromyalgia 1980
IBS 1980
Interstitial Cystitis 1992
Systemic yeast
Diagnosed w/ Chronic Lyme Disease 2000
Diagnosed w/ Chronic babesia 2000
Tachycardia 2001
Asthma 2005
Have had Lyme and babesia for
about 48 yrs.

Began gluten-free July 19 '06
Native TEXAN living in Missouri

#34 lindalee

lindalee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:41 AM

I have found that itching ears and scalp are related to sugar consumption [yeast]...or any other offending foods that create yeast.

I've also found that consuming coconut oil gets rid of my itchy, flaky scalp!!

I have that on my list. What kind of coconut oil do you get? I do plan to get some. Thanks, LL
Lee

#35 BRUMI1968

BRUMI1968

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 08:28 AM

Yeah - I'm going back on body ecology here next week, though I don't see what I could be eating that is yeasting me out. I'm bloated, too, though, so it could be the little buggers. Body Ecology, here I come. Darn!

#36 Lymetoo

Lymetoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 04:20 PM

I have that on my list. What kind of coconut oil do you get? I do plan to get some. Thanks, LL

I buy Spectrum brand from our health food store.

Yeast-free diet includes no potatoes, white rice, bread, etc....so check your diet!
Fibromyalgia 1980
IBS 1980
Systemic yeast
Tachycardia 2001
Asthma 2005
about 48 yrs.

#37 lindalee

lindalee

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 09 August 2006 - 05:28 PM

I buy Spectrum brand from our health food store.

Yeast-free diet includes no potatoes, white rice, bread, etc....so check your diet!

I haven't had those except Lay's Original Potato Chips ( guess I better not do those). Thanks, LL
Lee

#38 esthesio_vivi

esthesio_vivi

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:48 AM

Just so y'all know, I got my blood tests back.
Negative for Diabetes, metabolism/thyroid and other auto-immune deficiencies!
The Celiac panel showed a 61 in the IgG, but nothing else.

So now I'm a assuming I'm Celiac even though I know the blood test is not conclusive.
I've stopped eating all gluten and it seems things are easier to balance. hallelujah!
No infections, no brain fog, better energy thus far... now I just need to heal so that I can eat more normally without fear.

I want to encourage other chronic Candida sufferers to investigate Celiac disease! Previously I thought Candida was my primary issue, but in my case gluten was definately aggrivating it.

I'm mystified as to which symptoms were from candida or gluten-eating though, it's very difficult to differentiate some of them. Guess it doesn't matter as long as I'm doing betterl.
- Angelle

http://www.flickr.co...s/lautre_pomme/

Wheat-free since July 2004
Gluten-free since July 2006
Also intolerant to: citrus, grapes, coffee, casein and corn.

#39 Lymetoo

Lymetoo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:53 AM

I think there's a connection. I hope in a few months that I can beat the yeast! I think it's already better!
Fibromyalgia 1980
IBS 1980
Systemic yeast
Tachycardia 2001
Asthma 2005
about 48 yrs.

#40 Helena

Helena

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:45 AM

I didn't read this entire thread so i don't know if i'm repeating what was already said, but there was an interesting article in the _Lancet_ on this topic:

http://eutils.ncbi.n...t_uids=12826451

I read the article . . . the idea is that in people genetically predisposed to get celiac candida might trigger it. . . also that perhaps in people sensitive to gluten that the immune system might react to yeast in the same way as to gluten. this might explain why some people don't improve that much on the gluten-free diet but have celiac . .

this sounds very hypothetical at this point . . . but it seems to match up with what peoples' experience here has been.
positive tTG and antigliadin blood tests for celiac (summer 2006)
positive dietary response

environmental and food allergies.

#41 esthesio_vivi

esthesio_vivi

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 12:18 PM

I didn't read this entire thread so i don't know if i'm repeating what was already said, but there was an interesting article in the _Lancet_ on this topic:

http://eutils.ncbi.n...t_uids=12826451

I read the article . . . the idea is that in people genetically predisposed to get celiac candida might trigger it. . . also that perhaps in people sensitive to gluten that the immune system might react to yeast in the same way as to gluten. this might explain why some people don't improve that much on the gluten-free diet but have celiac . .

this sounds very hypothetical at this point . . . but it seems to match up with what peoples' experience here has been.

Helena, The link you posted is dead, did you miss some characters from it?

Also, I read something in the Yeast Connection today, a quote by Dr. Lloyd Rosenvold (sure the book's a little dated, but still has some great information)

"I believe in some cases (maybe even most cases) the presence of celiac sprue, which is secondary to gluten intolerace offers a fertile....culture medium for the propagation of yeast organisms. In any case of intestinal yeast infection the possibility of conocmitant CS should be considered until it can be confidently ruled out...
How are CS and yeast infections connected, if they are? I'll breifly state my simple concept. The petrefactive processes in the bowel, incidental to the maldigestion and malabsorption present as a result of the CS, furnishes... an ideal culture medium for the propagation of Candida albicans..."

Makes sense to me.
- Angelle

#42 esthesio_vivi

esthesio_vivi

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:43 PM

I'm an otherwise healthy 24 year old, and I've been suffering with a chronic Candida overgrowth for over a year and a half. At the time of my self-diagnosis I decided I was also allergic to wheat. My health has been in shambles this entire time, but about three weeks ago I decided that I am GLUTEN intolerant/maybe Celiac. Since then have stopped eating gluten all together, and this has definately helped me feel better.

I have been on a regimen of Diflucan for about four months, and I have been on a strict yeast-free/sugar-free diet. The issue is, I am still suffering from horrible yeast infections constantly. From everything I've read I should at least be able to manage it this way so it doesn't get out of control, but I don't believe it's working.

LATEST UPDATE: sooo.... I went to the Gyno, got a culture and pap done... swore up and down that I had a yeast infection. On Tuesday they called with the results that everything was NORMAL. This is the second time that I have had a culture come back normal. I guess this means that I am not suffering from Candida... what could it be then????

ALLERGIES?!

"Allergic reactions of the vaginal or vulvar epithelium are often confused with yeast infections because they cause a histamine release in the skin of the vulva with subsequent itching or burning. That is one reason why culture for yeast is so important because you may assume it's a yeast infection when in fact it is an allergic reaction. "

I talked this over with my Mom and sister, apparently my sister had the same problem. They tested her over and over again for yeast, and the gyno told her she thought it was allergies. The moment she started taking Peptide shots for food allergies the symptoms dissapeared.

My theory is that when I was on the Anti-candida diet I was gutting out all gluten, and allergens. The moment I relaxed a little I would end up getting glutened and crash, the yeast infection-like symptoms would also flare up. I would immediately think it was the yeast getting out of hand and not the gluten. Talk about confusing symptoms! I have taken myself off Diflucan and have started going off the anti-candida diet. I have been off Gluten for about six weeks now, and I've been feeling great, better than ever! Celiac was the key to my mystery, thank God! Going without Gluten is nothing in comparison to treating yourself for Candidiasis, and the anti-candida diet.

This just proves the importance of having cultures done. Those suffering from Candidiasis for years and years need to seriously consider the possibility of chronic food allergies and Celiac disease.
- Angelle

#43 Michi8

Michi8

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:40 AM

This is what the Eye and Ear foundation would say about it:

http://www.eyeandear.....ernal ear.pdf

But maybe some ear candling would do you good

here's a little info just in case:

It is a simple, natural ear-cleaning technique using a hollow cone, which has one end burning, and the other end set at the opening of the ear canal. Smoke travels into the ear and loosens the ear wax, ear mites and the build up of yeast making the rounds inside the complexities of the inner ear, it comes back up the cone bringing with it wax and debris.

Benefits of Ear Candling

1. Removal of excess ear wax
2. Soothing and beneficial with ear infections
3. Release of head congestion due to sinusitis, allergies, colds and flu
4. Removal of Candida (yeast) and relieving itchy ear
5. Helpful with some hearing loss and tinitus-ringing in the ears
6. Beneficial for persistent chronic ear infections
7. Improves balance and equilibrium
8. Detoxification of sinus and lymph system

Sorry for the late reply to this post...I just found this thread.

Ear Candling has been proven to be a quack practice, and can actually be dangerous. There is a high risk of burns from the wax, and potential damage to the eardrum itself. http://www.quackwatc...s/candling.html

In terms of itchy ears, it can be a sign of allergies and food intolerances. I have problems with my ears when I eat foods I'm allergic to....the itch can be so intense inside my ears. I also have problems with pain in my ears with wind, and changes in temperature (going indoors after being outside on a cold day.)

Michelle

#44 TCA

TCA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:26 AM

LATEST UPDATE: sooo.... I went to the Gyno, got a culture and pap done... swore up and down that I had a yeast infection. On Tuesday they called with the results that everything was NORMAL. This is the second time that I have had a culture come back normal. I guess this means that I am not suffering from Candida... what could it be then????

ALLERGIES?!

"Allergic reactions of the vaginal or vulvar epithelium are often confused with yeast infections because they cause a histamine release in the skin of the vulva with subsequent itching or burning. That is one reason why culture for yeast is so important because you may assume it's a yeast infection when in fact it is an allergic reaction. "

I talked this over with my Mom and sister, apparently my sister had the same problem. They tested her over and over again for yeast, and the gyno told her she thought it was allergies. The moment she started taking Peptide shots for food allergies the symptoms dissapeared.

My theory is that when I was on the Anti-candida diet I was gutting out all gluten, and allergens. The moment I relaxed a little I would end up getting glutened and crash, the yeast infection-like symptoms would also flare up. I would immediately think it was the yeast getting out of hand and not the gluten. Talk about confusing symptoms! I have taken myself off Diflucan and have started going off the anti-candida diet. I have been off Gluten for about six weeks now, and I've been feeling great, better than ever! Celiac was the key to my mystery, thank God! Going without Gluten is nothing in comparison to treating yourself for Candidiasis, and the anti-candida diet.

This just proves the importance of having cultures done. Those suffering from Candidiasis for years and years need to seriously consider the possibility of chronic food allergies and Celiac disease.

Not trying to pry here, but I have a lot of issues like this too. After being married for few years I discovered I was allergic to latex, causing yeast infection type symptoms when certain birth control methods were used. Don't know if this could be an issue for you, just thought it was worth mentioning.

Also, here's a web site that compares celiac and candida. http://www.candidapa...om/cccomp.shtml
If you're looking for info on how to get started on the gluten-free diet, check out this List for Newly Diagnosed.
Self - Pain free since going gluten-free 9/05 (suffered from unexplained joint pain entire life), asthma improving, allergies improving, mysterious rash disappeared (probably DH)
Husband - Type 1 diabetic, Negative bloodwork
Son - Elevated IgA, Very high IgG, 2 negative biopsies - HLA DQ2 and DQ8 positive, Amazing dietary response since 1/06
Daughter - Congenital Heart Defect (2 surgeries), Reflux, choking issues, eczema, egg allergy - HLA DQ2 positive, Good dietary response (via me because of nursing) since 9/05
"All things happen for good for those who love God..." Romans 8:28

#45 loraleena

loraleena

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:31 AM

ALLERGIES?!

There are yeast infections that do not show up on their tests!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: