This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Frustrated

Nate

Nate Apprentice

I'm so pissed!!! it seems as though as soon as I find anything that is actually good suddenly becomes impossible to get!!!!!!

Strongbow - They run out, order the stuff doesnt come in, have to wait 3 months. The only damn cold drink they sell that I can have that doesn't have a box of sugar in every bottle.

Corn Wraps - One place in the whole province to buy em and it happens to be the worste store for keeping stock

Glutino English Muffins - They run out almost immediately when it comes in. I love these, I use them for everything.

EnerG Nut Granola - This godsend I happen to score one box before it going on back order.

Namaste - Excellent! love this stuff, they lost their supplier and the store that used to sell it doesn't want to deal with the new one.

!@#$#$%#$@

That pretty much sums up everything that helps me reason with this damn disease. I thank Jeesus, the sun, the moon and the galaxie that I'm not allergic to COFFEE! Otherwise, I'd rather be sick.

N

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

Order the stuff over the internet - it's cheaper that way too, most of the time. I ordered the Namaste mixes that way, and just got eight packages at once to make it easier. :-)

Nate Apprentice

yeah, I'm just venting, internet orders take awhile, up to a month sometimes, this really had more to do with frustration/coping with then Gluten-Free Foods, Products, Shopping & Medications,

but it got moved

N

yeah, I'm just venting, internet orders take awhile, up to a month sometimes, this really had more to do with frustration/coping with then Gluten-Free Foods, Products, Shopping & Medications,

but it got moved

N

I understand the frustration... it's really annoying to have happen. I've had it happen repeatedly as well, which is why, after a year, I caved and went with the online ordering. If you do some smart shopping, however, it won't take a month. You just have to find places that have the item in stock (usually not hard) and have reasonable shipping. In such cases, I've never had it take longer than a week, and you don't even have to leave home to get the items in question. And you pay less for them in some cases. Finding alternate ways to get the items you like is just one way of coping. (Venting's another one. :-) Totally acceptable, and understood, too. :-) )

hez Enthusiast

Tiffany-

Who do you use for your onlilne shopping?

Hez

Nate Apprentice

I'd like to know too!

for the most part, it usually costs more and takes a long time,

I'll have to look a little deeper into it, plus what about frozen stuff?

Nate

linz7997 Explorer

ok...so i know this is like the opposite of what everyone says..but i am having great luck just going to Krogers. mine has a TON of gluten free products in the organic/health foods section(bread, pasta, cookies)...I am also eating a lot of protein bars for breakfast...most of them clearly label at the end of the ingredients if they contain certain allergens. as far as frozen stuff...i have found a lot of healty choice frozen dinners that I can still have. pretty much all of the mexican varieties and the ones w/ meat and veggies. Also those Amy's dinner are pretty good...the cheese quesedilla and black bean enchilada are awesome!!!! I hope this helps some!!!! I know it can be frustrating but...maybe I have a better kroger than most!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

I shop around, but often end up going through the manufacturer. I opt not to buy from places that are going to take a month to ship to me (I always check on shipping times and whether or not an item is in stock), but I also purchase in quantity so it doesn't really matter that it takes a week or two. Google and multiple internet windows are your friend. :-)

I generally don't buy frozen stuff - I don't buy much specialty gluten-free foods at all - so I can't help on that front. Those almost certainly wouldn't be worth the shipping trouble unless you had a stand alone freezer and were willing to fill it at once, and found a place that had great prices.

As for locally available stuff, it varies by location. The regular, mainstream markets in the Puget Sound area seem to have a better gluten free selection than the mainstream markets in the Northern California Bay Area which are slightly better than the mainstream markets in Orange County, California, which are better than the mainstream markets I saw in Huntsville and Detriot. But it also varies store to store - I have a Safeway and QFC right near me, one of them has lots of stuff, one doesn't. "Easy to find" is VERY relative.

Nate Apprentice

yeah, I grew tired of Glutino Bread and their dry cookies. We have tons of that stuff which is cool but there are better products coming out and no one seems to give a rats rear.

Thanks for the info, I'll dig into the internet option more.

N

Archived