Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

How Long Were You On Gluten B4 You Got The Test?

• Please log in to reply

Poll: How many months did you stay on gluten so you could get tested? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

How many months did you stay on gluten so you could get tested?

1. 1 month (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 months (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

3. 3 months (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 months (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 5 months (0 votes [0.00%])

6. never got tested (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

4 replies to this topic

#1 lyndszai

lyndszai

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:35 AM

hey everyone i was just how long you stayed on gluten to get tested . Im surpose to get tested in about a month :( sence ive aready been gluten-free i know thats gonna screw my test up cant wait till i go back gluten-free it will be the best day of my life lol :D .Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 burdee

burdee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 10:17 AM

Hey Lyndszai: I couldn't vote because you didn't include a category for those of us who went gluten-free as soon as we suspected we had gluten intolerance/celiac and then tested later with Enterolab (while still gluten-free). Maybe that's info for another poll and I just have to skip this one. :blink: I went to a naturopath 5 days after I started avoiding gluten, hoping for tests. Rather than giving me blood/biopsy tests, he persuaded me to just keep following the gluten-free diet and listen to my body. However, my intermittent gluten 'slips' and recurring symptoms made me want more conclusive evidence that gluten was really causing my problems. So I tested with Enterolab 8 weeks after going gluten-free and my results STILL showed positive gluten AND casein antibodies, positive autoimmune reaction to tissue transglutaminase and one of the main genes for celiac. I wonder how many others used E-lab after being gluten-free a while and how long they were gluten-free before testing. <_< OKAY, I'll do my own poll and not mess up yours. :D
BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

#3 flagbabyds

flagbabyds

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:38 PM

I was diagnosed and had the tests before I ever went gluten-free so I wasn't sure what to put
Molly

#4 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 12:41 PM

I went back on gluten for two months for the biopsy, and it was negative. I was hoping it would be enough time, but according to Dr. Peter Green (Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center) it takes 3-6 months or longer to be really accurate. And I've read in Dangerous Grains by James Braly and Ron Hoggan that it can take up to 5 years to cause enough severe damage for most doctors to diagnose Celiac.

Two months was enough for me. I got so sick and it took longer than two months for me to really start feeling better. I wouldn't recommmend it to anyone, unless you really have to. But I am glad to have gotten the biopsy anyhow, since if I ever have another done it may show improvement when the slides are compared.

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#5 lyndszai

lyndszai

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 05:12 PM

burdee
Sry about that im not sure on how to edit the poll

gf4life
sry to hear that you went threw all that for 2 months and still ended up with a negative.I think thats whats going to happen to me too I just have a feeling.To me I dont need someone to tell me how I feel and what I have I know what it is and I dont need a piece of paper to prove it.I dont think its worth it but what can I do im a kid.The way i see it if it shows up neg. im going to ignore it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: