This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Am Just Bummed . . . .

tiredofdoctors

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Lynne - how are things today?? How ya feeling? Give us an update.

I just know you're going to figure this out and in the end, Karen is right, it just matters that you are THERE.

And, if you go the Cleopatra route in the throne, you can borrow the cute cops from the OMG thread to carry you in. ;)

Sending love and health and hugs....

Susie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

TinkerbellSwt Collaborator

Ok, sorry I dont know you well, but I wish you only the best. I also cried while reading Karens post. The most important thing is that you are there, but I find you to be a very strong woman to say that you will get down that aisle!

I hope your daughters wedding is beautiful and you enjoy it most of all!

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

nikki-uk Enthusiast

Oh lynne,I'm so sorry your plans went 'belly up' :(

I'm sure the wedding will turn out great no matter what your entry :)

Hope you're feeling better soon. :)

schuyler Apprentice
Sorry for all your trouble :( When it rains, it pours!!!

Might I suggest a skateboard? :P

Or perhaps a razor scooter :lol:

Infinite hugs!!!

This won't help, but at my wedding, I was walked down the aisle by my mother who had had both knees replaced in December, and my 88 year old grandfather with a hip problem. I, of course, was on 4" stillettos on brick. I don't know who was walking who anywhere, we were all holding eachother up :lol:

And then my uncle the minister with the recently amputated foot presided...it was a comedy of orthopedic disaster :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I can just picture all that in my head. :lol::lol::lol:

Lynne, I'm sending you lots of cyber (((((HUGS)))))).

Guest BERNESES

Lynne- I KNOW you....and you will walk down the aisle because you are proud, stubborn and strong. My friend Mary's mom had been badly burned (3rd degree over 90% of her body-everything but her face) and spent two years in Mass General and then rehab. They told her she would never walk again. They told her she would "never" do a lot of things again- and she did them all- stubborn, proud, Irish woman :D .

She took her first public steps at Mary's wedding and despite that they were clumsy and awkward, they were the most beautiful steps I have EVER seen. Yours will be too. If you can't wear the shoes, get yourself a sexy toe ring and a pedicure and go for it. Maybe you could have your son on one side and Dave on the other. You will be beautiful!!!!!!!!

Obviously, if it's broken, disregrad everything I just said and go for the Cleopatra style carry down. That would be sexy! Especially if you were sipping a glass of champagne as you did it. Hang in there sweetie... you know we're all pulling for you. Hugs and lots of love, Beverly

Chelsea- your story is hysterical. :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla -- Ash has already had the wedding dress thing happen . . . her future sister in law, who has the attitude of a cobra with PMS -- refused to try on her dress . . until two days ago -- and can't get it zipped past her mid-back, if that. Ashley was going to get her a wrap, so that she can just keep it covered all day, but then realized that it wouldn't work . . . so then, Ash had to go to Bridal shops and find her another one. . . and did, thank goodness.

Thanks for making me laugh guys . . . spent a portion of the day crying -- as you can imagine, and another portion just bellyaching!!!!!

Lucky for her it wasn't 10 minutes before the wedding was due to start!! In my wedding pics we have one of my mom and my grandma sewing dresses! My grandmother used to own a bridal shop, so my grandfather had just grabbed the sewing basket out of habit on his way out the door!!

Maybe you could go in on a platform like Pope John Paul II used to use. :P

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

oK how did the MRI go...i keep ck'n to see if you posted.

pray you got good news.

hugs and love

judy :)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Ok posting again..

know today and wedding tomorrow will be taking all your focus but just checking in to see if you left any word on the MRI and the leg.

will still keep you in my prayers for a good report and fun beautiful wedding.

love

Judy

Guest Robbin
:) Lynne, I hope it all goes well-wish I'd been able to get on sooner, perhaps a scooter chair would have fit down the aisle-I am sure you can rent one. I hope you feel better soon and not a long cellulitis ordeal like our dear Judy has been going through. Take care and enjoy yourself in Vegas, too.

Archived