Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Gf Dining At Catering Place

1 post in this topic

:P Let me begin by stating that I am celebrating my 25th Wedding Anniversary on 7/14. :D

My husband was newly diagnosed last Oct 03 but has been ill :ph34r::blink: for the past 27ish years (I am forgetting how long we've been dealing with his digestive disorder, I know he got sick while we were engaged).

Anyway, in Feb he said he wanted a big party for our Anniversary and I searched for a restaurant that held parties (caterering place).

A couple of places turned me down :angry: because they could not accomodate his gluten-free meal (only his!). They weren't apologetic about it either, it was as if I were a bother to them. :angry:

Anyway, I made the arranagements at this great place :lol: : once I spoke to the Event Planner she made be speak with the Chef ;) and he was sort of familiar with celiac diease. I booked the event there as they assured me that my husband could have plain broiled chicken with plain mashed potatoes while the rest of the party had buffet dinner. :rolleyes:

Well, the event was yesterday I couldn't have been more pleased. :D

Remember, I did not ask for the "sun moon & stars" but just a simple plain meal for him. In exchange, they received a brief education in celiac disease 101 and made a life long customer with glowing referrals.

In addition, the non gluten-free foods were good as well, and the servicestaff was excellent, the restrooms clean and stocked. The decor is beautiful: Front doors open up to beautiful marble floors, crystal lighting, Just a beautiful setting for any type of party: wedding, birthday, anniversary, shower, etc.

The catering place is here in NJ: The Westwood, North Ave., Garwood, NJ.

This place (which isn't a restaurant) has my recommendation.