No replies to this topic

#1 debmidge

debmidge

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:33 PM

:P Let me begin by stating that I am celebrating my 25th Wedding Anniversary on 7/14. :D
My husband was newly diagnosed last Oct 03 but has been ill :ph34r: :blink: for the past 27ish years (I am forgetting how long we've been dealing with his digestive disorder, I know he got sick while we were engaged).
Anyway, in Feb he said he wanted a big party for our Anniversary and I searched for a restaurant that held parties (caterering place).
A couple of places turned me down :angry: because they could not accomodate his gluten-free meal (only his!). They weren't apologetic about it either, it was as if I were a bother to them. :angry:
Anyway, I made the arranagements at this great place :lol: : once I spoke to the Event Planner she made be speak with the Chef ;) and he was sort of familiar with celiac diease. I booked the event there as they assured me that my husband could have plain broiled chicken with plain mashed potatoes while the rest of the party had buffet dinner. :rolleyes:

Well, the event was yesterday I couldn't have been more pleased. :D

Remember, I did not ask for the "sun moon & stars" but just a simple plain meal for him. In exchange, they received a brief education in celiac disease 101 and made a life long customer with glowing referrals.
In addition, the non gluten-free foods were good as well, and the servicestaff was excellent, the restrooms clean and stocked. The decor is beautiful: Front doors open up to beautiful marble floors, crystal lighting, Just a beautiful setting for any type of party: wedding, birthday, anniversary, shower, etc.

The catering place is here in NJ: The Westwood, North Ave., Garwood, NJ.

This place (which isn't a restaurant) has my recommendation.

Deb
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: