Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

• Announcements

• Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Store. For Additional Information: Subscribe to: Journal of Gluten Sensitivity

Easy White Sauce Recipe

1 post in this topic

Since a regular old White Sauce recipe is used for so many saucy type of foods, I find this one to work very well in anything I've used it in so far from Veggie Lasagne (with Rice Noodles of course etc.), to Tuna Casserole to making a cheese sauce (if you can eat cheese that is) to whatever.

It is So Simple too -

4 TBSP. Bob's Mill White Rice Flour

4 TBSP. Butter (or whatever you can tolerate - I use an Organic butter)

2 Cups of Milk (whole milk or whatever you prefer, however skim milk may make a thinner sauce)

Salt and Pepper to taste

In a Sauce pan or Saucier, melt the butter and flour together using a Whisk over Medium heat until creamy smooth. Heat the 2 cups of milk until warm-ish but Not boiling in a separate pan or microwave. When the flour and butter are mixed well and smooth, Carefully add the warm milk to the flour-butter mixture and whisk making sure there are No lumps!

Do all of this over Medium heat until the sauce starts to thicken to the thickness that you like.

If you wish to add Cheese, add it now and the warmth of the sauce should melt it nicely.

This only makes 2 cups worth of white sauce but enough for 2 people, or 2 servings. Add this to your Casserole or veggie lasagne or homemade macaroni and cheese (rice noodles only of course).