#1 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 06 August 2006 - 06:23 PM

Hey all,

I am trying this cream for pigmentation and mild acne (WITH wrinkles....I'm almost 45 - not fair! :angry: ), and I've never had anything burn like this. I used it once, two weeks ago, and my face peeled for about 10 days....very painful. so I decided, heck, this must be good stuff....used it again, but a smaller amount, and it's the same. I've used retinol creams and the like before, almost the same reaction but not this bad. I am using a 45 sunblock every day.

Anybody with experience? Thanks! I can't decide whether this is the BEST product to renew skin, or a complete nightmare....
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:21 PM

Susan,

Would you like to try some slobbery baby kisses and see if that would help? :lol:

He's teething, so everything is a chew toy write now. Chins make good chew toys.

I agree with Celia, why in the world would you need the cream....you are beautiful just the way you are. This world puts too much stock in outward beauty (which you do have), focus on the inner beauty. If others judge you because of a few wrinkles or blemishes it's their loss.

<---- look at me... I'm not worried about what I look like.... altho a bit of peach lip stick might help.

What about my navy blue ribbon to go with that peach lipstick?

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#3 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:27 PM

You don't think it would clash? :lol:

Help... me... I am living amongst ... GLUTEN... :o :lol:

Those were our wedding colors.....no they don't clash with each other but make clash with your skin tone. :lol: :lol:

I don't know how you do it. Back, no gluten! :P

Andrea

Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#4 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:29 PM

oh Lordy. I ask a perfectly innocent question, a serious question in fact, about my face peeling off, and there you two are.....offering baby slobber and vinegar....... :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

I just love you girls. And to anyone else who reads this, seriously wanting to help me, PLEASE post your responses, I"m not as beautiful as those two think I am, need help with skin, which is still peeling off.

:)

See you in RAchelville you dingbats. ;)
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

#5 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

I can't decide whether this is the BEST product to renew skin, or a complete nightmare....

Doesn't sound like a very good product if you are having that kind of reaction. Have you tried kiss my face products. Meredith and Patti use those I think. Don't know what all their line is though. Try using more natural stuff without so many harsh chemicals. That may make the difference.

Andrea

#6 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:37 PM

:lol: :lol:
This is not good.... are you using lotion to help restore the dryness?

excellent mock-serious answer, Cecile....ha ha ha ha I know how to spot a faker when I see one....yes silly, I am putting JOjoba oil on it every night... :P

Andrea - hi! I NEED the chemicals to peel off the outer layer of my skin! :o Yes chemicals are bad....but my skin is damaged and needs repair.....I haven't used the cream in over a week now....still deciding what to do.......
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

#7 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:38 PM

How about both. Can't you find something other than coffee. You must not like sleep very well. :P

Yeah, you can keep me company. :D

I get shaky when I don't get enough protein.

Andrea

#8 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:38 PM

I have to make more coffee tonight to make my tummy feel better.... but that might mean... that... I will be UP all night :o

I'm trying real hard to stay away from the gluten but what scared me today was that I'm starting to get shaky again... or that might be the coffee :lol:

uh, Ma'am, I think you should take these complaints to another thread.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: We ARE talking about my skin, right.....
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

#9 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:40 PM

Wait one minute.... I am not a mock..ing bird, I am an ostrich.

You should decide NOT to use that anymore... :o :lol:

oh , right, ostrich......forgot.....you are SO pretty, what do you use on YOUR skin and hair....your hair is gorgeous....
(we are going to get busted by admin)
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

#10 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

Protein... check... eating out of a can of refried beans... hmmm Dh might not want to sleep next to me tonight :lol:

very nice Cecile....thank you for sharing....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

#11 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

Oh yes... skin...skin... do you like my gray tone in my skin?
Oh dear gaaawwwdddd that made me laugh out loud and I scared the cat.... :lol:
I will keep you company :)

Protein... check... eating out of a can of refried beans... hmmm Dh might not want to sleep next to me tonight :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Susan,

This is the gab category. So what's wrong with gabbing?

Andrea

#12 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:47 PM

Susan,

This is the gab category. So what's wrong with gabbing?

:lol: :lol: :lol: forgot Andrea, you are totally right! it does say "to talk about anything OTHER than Celiac" so gab away, girls, gab away! :) now I am going back and forth......exhausting.....must....stop......now......
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

#13 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:53 PM

I think the COFFEE is helping me keep up.... that and ostriches have very long legs... wonder if pantyhose come in my size...

Off to OMG.... run Forest run.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

pantyhose - - - - :lol: :lol: that makes me laugh....haven't worn them in years.......I think they'd give me hives...... :lol: they don't go well with flip-flops and Uggs
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

#14 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:54 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: forgot Andrea, you are totally right! it does say "to talk about anything OTHER than Celiac" so gab away, girls, gab away! :) now I am going back and forth......exhausting.....must....stop......now......

Now if you can get the girls to go back and forth with you, you can skip the walk once in awhile. :P

Andrea

#15 rinne

rinne

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:13 PM

A family with Celiac disease, two brothers and two sisters.

Lyme Disease, Diagnosis October 19, 2006

May 2006 - December 2008 Gluten and Dairy Free

December 2008, while seeing improvement on the gluten free diet, I did not recover and so in December of 2008 began the SCD and now have hope for recovery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: