This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tazorac Cream - Anyone Ever Use This?

DingoGirl

CarlaB Enthusiast

No, I didn't get the idea that you or anyone else, for that matter, was kicked out of R'ville. I mean, everyone, no exclusions, was participating in the chit-chat! I think that Rachel is just trying to bring it back to something along the lines of where it started, which was something more serious than it became. But, then again, I was a newbie ... but that's the way it seemed to me.

I take antioxidants for the skin, and they seem to help. It's a combination of alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, and hmm, can't think of the third (most supplements have a couple other ingredients as well). Ester C is also in my garlic supplements. They are all supposed to be good for wrinkles, and just skin in general. I think skin is a reflection on how your body is doing. Since so many of us have been ill, our skin suffers. So, I give mine an extra boost. Then I keep it moist with some topical variation of the same things that the supplement has, and ocassionally coconut oil. B vitamins are good, too.

Maybe we just need to start a thread called chit-chat!! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mouse Enthusiast

Susan, did you do one of those chemical face peels? Someone I know had a professional job done for $5000 and when I saw her face two weeks later, I said ouch. She said the professional job takes about 6 weeks to heel. Even if you did a home face peel - you are a much braver soul then I am. Hope whatever you did gets the job done that you want.

CarlaB Enthusiast

PS Your skin is not supposed to be flawless over 40. You've earned the right to look the way you do! My hubby, who is still infatuated with me after all these years, constantly tells me that it's nothing to look good at 20, but when you look good at 40, even though you have proof you've lived a few years, in fact, especially because you have proof you've lived a few years ... now that's remarkable. I don't like close up pics of myself either. The wrinkles are more apparent! I like these little pics because they look pretty perfect! You just need to redefine your what good-looking means. Well-taken care of skin, healthy looking, etc. Grow old with grace, not fighting it. That's what becomes attractive! Your skin will look better as you get healthier!

Okay, my whole head is killing me ... I have been having my TMJ treated for a year now and just got a new appliance that I wear to start moving around my face muscles and jaw before my braces (yes, full-blown, stainless steel braces at 43!!!) in November. How is it that your mouth hurting can make your whole body feel ill???

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Read fast.....this is probably one of those posts I'll erase soon....... :P

edit: yup, already gone..............

DingoGirl Enthusiast

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaagh you silly, birdbrained, dingbat Sun-baked (she's in florida and plays with Dolpins :rolleyes: ) dear girl.....YOU SNEAKY-SNEAK....copying my ENTIRE post.....what do I do.....what do I do now......

I CAN make you erase it, you know.....I can just beg and coerce and then finally threaten, if necessary.... :o

am crackign up over here, though, I will say that..... :lol::lol::lol:

But, your words are true....so true. My looks, in the past, opened doors that should NEVER have been opened (can we all sing, "summer rain, taps at my window....") Sometimes, I think I'm going to call that one....just for fun.... ;)

Oh Cecile, I guess you're right.....I need to try and be graceful about it.....and i'm obsessing over it now, which is NOT fun and NOT becoming....oh and my mom and my friends are sick of hearing about it....tha'ts why I now torture you guys wtih it....ha ha ha ha :lol:

love you gals.....

We can make this the AGING GRACEFULLY thread.....how about that......I"ll try adn listen..... ;)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Bird Lady Party Celiac

um, please explain this....your name.....bird lady PARTY Celiac......I don't remember this.....you are nuts, just plain nutty, bird girl.....

[oh wait, is this so people can't google you and find you here? so your family doesn't know you look like a tall, flightless bird? :lol: ]

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Susan--

Thanks to Celia, I was able to read your deleated post :ph34r: . I must agree with everything she said to you--couldn't have said it better myself! Smart, smart Celia :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

dlp252 Apprentice
Donna....I see you...thought I smelled Bumble Bar chocolate..... :lol::lol:

my skin, why, thank you for asking!! um, much better. the peeling stage is over....for now. :ph34r: Might be applying the product again, for more torture, and no complaining from me since I DO know what it does.....that's like complaining after eating nuggetts....my own fault.....

:)

Darned chocolate bumble bars.....so hard to hide with that lovely aroma wafting around. Or, could it be the crumb trail I left. :lol:

Hi Susan--

Thanks to Celia, I was able to read your deleated post :ph34r: . I must agree with everything she said to you--couldn't have said it better myself! Smart, smart Celia :D

Me too, and I agree!! Our crazy party bird is so smart!!! I wish I could impart words of wisdom, but alas I am not as wise as our crazy bird, lol.

jerseyangel Proficient
Plus I do think I've very attractive to male ostriches... especially when I apply the peach lip stick.

A little peach lipstick, and you've got them lining up for miles! :lol:

Can you just picture it? :D

DingoGirl Enthusiast

edit

jerseyangel Proficient

OMG Susan!!!! Now you went and did it :o Have any idea what you are gonna say when he does get a hold of you? This could get interesting.

Since I've always liked him as a singer, can I now say I kinda know him because my friend Susan used to date him? :rolleyes:

Oh and Celia--I'm doing laundry, too! Spooky :ph34r::lol:

mouse Enthusiast

I keep saying that that bird needs red lipstick and a red bow. That bird is me and I love red.

I am sorry Susan that you are going through such personal evaluation. I can relate in my own small fashion about looks. Before I got so sick before the diagnosis, I wore a size 16 and everyone just thought I was big boned, which I am not. I always wanted to be a size 12 and stay there and not yo yo from a 12 up to an 18. I had only 3 small wrinkles on the side of my eyes. My breasts were firm with only two little stretch marks on the side. I was 62 and was taken for a much younger early 50's. Alas I then became the typical Celiac and lost 53 pounds to a size 8. A dream come true - right. No, there was a large price to pay for it. My faced aged unbelivably and my breasts went to the floor. I would look at my jeans when I washed them and thought they could not be mine. I would not look in the mirror for over a year as I thought I looked like I came out of a concentration camp. My eyelids have sagged so much that I know longer wear eye shadow. My husband keeps telling me that I look wonderful and I know he means it. But, when I lost this new 10 pounds when I got the pnuemonia, I know he is feeling my protruding bones and worrying.

I have finally figured out that it is who I am inside and not outside. I now think that I am pretty, but I do not look at the sagging wrinkled flesh on my arms, nor concentrate on the sagging eyelids. I try and look at the whole picture and I now find her pleasing. It has taken me over 2 1/2 years to get here LOL. I think our society is so hung up on youthful looks and that is a shame. There are wonderful men out there that appreciate a real woman and not a fake one. You just have to put yourself in a place where you can meet them. Good luck Susan.

I also have to say that if this treatment to your face helps you to feel good about who you are - then do it.

We each have to decide what is necessary for us to really like ourselves.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Armetta - - you have really got the right spirit now, haven't you......beautifully said.

I am getting ready for church, no time to write but will check in later.

HI to Cecile and Patti, you nutty girls! am thinking I should erase JR post - keep forgetting that the whole world can see this.... :lol::lol::lol:

jerseyangel Proficient

Yes, Celia and Armetta--we are in the same boat.

I turned 50 this year, and combined with the rapid weight and hair loss of last year, I look, to myself, like I've aged a lot. Lots of little things, but they add up, if you know what I mean! I will say, though, that we are our own worst critics :D

I'm working on being accepting of the changes, at the same time working to at least age as gracefully as I can! Meaning, I haven't given up, and am not above using something that I think will slow the process--Susan, if your cream is working, go for it B)

It's also so true that you have to accept and love yourself first, and know that these physical changes don't change the person inside. :)

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Read fast.....this is probably one of those posts I'll erase soon....... :P

edit: yup, already gone..............

Susan--How can you do this to me :ph34r:

I thought we were friends last nite..you said we were... :(

how in the he** am I to read a post FAST at 2:43 am when i'm on the east coast and asleep :blink::ph34r:

THEN to make matters worse...you throw a party and DON'T INVITE ME OR PATTI :ph34r::huh::blink: NOW WHAT THE HE** IS THAT ABOUT TOO :ph34r:

I'm over in Rachelville 'trying to make' nice and do a Rville sub divison II and you already moved...

oie...you are one mean lady (with a pealing face i might add :lol: )...and if you sicke' your 'dingos' on me ----I'll turn my cat lose on all of you.... :ph34r::o If you get my drift. My cat was a rescue cat who was never socialized...and he doesn't know that bitting and drawing blood that drips on the floor ...isn't acceptable behavior...so you better be careful....GIRLFRIEND :ph34r::ph34r: cause i'm keeping my :unsure: EYES ON YOU.....

JUDY IN PHILLY AND RACHELVILLE ( NOT SURE I WANT TO COME THE 'PEALY FACEVILLE' )

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla,

My daughter inlaw has TMJ and suffers greatly with it... I don't have any problem since I just have beek. :o

She goes to the Chiro for this, she swears by it.

And Susan I am anxiously waiting for your sagesse. :)

Premature post

I went to the chiro for years for it. Mine was too bad ... instead of the bone being round, it's like a half-moon shape, so I needed a little more than chiropractic. The method the ortho used was to have a splint to move my jaw into the right place, like the chiro does, but the splint held it there until the muscles learned to hold it there. Now it's a matter of getting my teeth in the right place so they don't pull it back.

A beak would be nice ...

DingoGirl Enthusiast

subdivision......Judy - - oh gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd good spinach-y belly laugh over here..... :lol:

Hey, I DID invite gals in R-ville to come on over, I did I did I DID!!! Oh and Cecile, you'll notice, is REALLY the one to blame, as that bird-brained goofball is the one who HIJACKED my peely-face thread.....it is HER fault, all of it.......ha ha ha h ah a

and you'll FURTHER notice that she cleverly copied my whole rant, and PUT IT BACK ON HERE, so, not a problem that you fell asleep now IS IT???? DAng I gotta be careful what I post now, she'll probably copy all of them and torment me with it.......

okay I AM GETTING READY FOR CHURCH!!!!! :o

more later - - - -

DingoGirl Enthusiast
A beak would be nice ...

a beak..... :lol::lol::lol: that bird looks like it stinks, though......wonder what your husbnad would think.....

p.s......Your new name is half-mooned one.... :o:lol:

um, bird-brain, are you giving us Indian names now? I've been given a couple in my past....one was

Crazy White Girl Dancing

and another - - LOOOOOOOOOOONG story but I stayed in a cabin 13 years ago with no electricity for a week in Montana, skiied four hours a day x-country with a wolf ( they are involved in re-introducing wolves to the wild) named Koani - - there was electricity in the main cabin but not in the guest cabin, which we had to ski to every night.....no shower for four dyas until we skiied to a cabin a few miles away.....no toilets, just an outhouse.....we were allowed to PEE in the snow but not POOP - - that was in the outhouse. S0....peeing at night - it was between 10 degrees all week to minus 5 - - the first few days of the trip, I put jacket, boots, pants on to squat outside in middle of night - - the last part - - just underwear and the boots - didn't care - -

and guess what my friends named me when I got back - -

SQUATS WITH WOLVES - - - :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OKAY you girls, I really am leaving n ow......... :lol::lol::lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Okay, I'm laughing my @$$ off right now!! I have this silly appliance that I'm wearing in my mouth for the next three months before braces. As an exercise I have to hold a tongue depressor in my lips for 30 minutes a day ... you all are making it hard because every time I laugh, I drop it!! :lol::lol:

Susan, isn't it the same guys who you were going out with before who are dating the 30 year olds? I'm not saying to stop trying to look good, but look good and look for the guys who don't need the ego boost of a 30 year old!!!! Church is a good place to be ... you can be there, not looking, and when you least expect it, someone will find you. And, you are right, when I have a hubby there telling me how lucky he is every day, it's all easy to say! :P Looking 30 will not help, it will just make you the target of a bunch of immature middle aged men who need arm candy!

Maybe you can find a young widower about 48 with a few kids ... then you will be a grandma before you know it!

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Cecile THANKS FOR SAVING THE 'EDITED POST' YOUR A SHARP ONE.

I STARTED AT PAGE ONE AND LOST IT WHEN I SAW THE POST AND REPLIED AND DIDN'T READ FARTHER.

GLAD I SAW IT...

Floridian- GLAD I COULD MAKE YOU LAUGH..i SEE REFERENCE TO 'SPINICHING' GOTTA ADMIT I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS..CAN YOU ENLIGHTEN ME... :blink:

jUDY

CarlaB Enthusiast

Speaking of famous singers ... Howie Day came into my daughter's work for a haircut, unfortunately, it was on her day off.

angel-jd1 Community Regular
:lol: It's really anything you want it to be... :lol:

Long story lost in the pages of R'Ville... I was in deep pain one night, to the point of tears and Rhonda (Rinne) was up too with me and she suggested cold pack on my tummy... I hadn't put my cold pack back in the freezer so I got a box of frozen spinach... the pain started to subside so I went to bed with this box of frozen spinach... well during the night it thawed and oozed out of the corners of the box... my husband woke up freaking out because he felt something wet and slimey on him, he thought my inside were falling out.... :o:lol:

And that is the story of the spinach.

:lol:

I just made spinach artichoke dip yesterday so I am still very familiar with the slimeyness of thawing spinach!! Not to mention the green "leakage" that comes out of the box. That is one HILLARIOUS story!! I can see why he would freak.

-Jessica :rolleyes:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

:lol: OMG :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

THAT IS THE BEST STORY I'VE SEEN ON THIS FORUM SINCE I JOINED.

SORRY FOR THE 'MESSY' AND COLD ENDING///// :o AND YOU MUST HAVE ONE HE** OF A GOOD SPORT FOR A HUSBAND. :)

I'M GLAD I'M HOME ALONE AS I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD THE CAT RAN DOWNSTAIRS...

THANKS FOR THE EXPLINATION...IT WAS SURE WORTH IT.

JUDY

jerseyangel Proficient
Susan your new name is.."Dances with Rivers".... YES!... that's it!!!!! :lol::lol:

I'm absolutely DYING here--that is so funny :lol::lol:

Hi Judy :D Joined the party, I see! Yea :lol: So now you know the true story of spinach...you are one of us, now :ph34r:

AndreaB Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon all!

Celia, I see you are entertaining yourself on the thread again. :P

I just caught up....hopefully this one won't get to 20 pages a day....I don't have time for that, especially if I want to spen any time with my family.

I posted over in R-ville but I'll repeat briefly here.....my mom fed us pot roast last night. She forgot about the flour but told me "oh, it's just a little bit". :o We are still waiting to see if we have a reaction. <_<

I'm sooooo tired....been to bed too late this week. -_-

Archived