This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tazorac Cream - Anyone Ever Use This?

DingoGirl

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Hey all,

I am trying this cream for pigmentation and mild acne (WITH wrinkles....I'm almost 45 - not fair! :angry: ), and I've never had anything burn like this. I used it once, two weeks ago, and my face peeled for about 10 days....very painful. so I decided, heck, this must be good stuff....used it again, but a smaller amount, and it's the same. I've used retinol creams and the like before, almost the same reaction but not this bad. I am using a 45 sunblock every day.

Anybody with experience? Thanks! I can't decide whether this is the BEST product to renew skin, or a complete nightmare....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

Would you like to try some slobbery baby kisses and see if that would help? :lol:

He's teething, so everything is a chew toy write now. Chins make good chew toys.

I agree with Celia, why in the world would you need the cream....you are beautiful just the way you are. This world puts too much stock in outward beauty (which you do have), focus on the inner beauty. If others judge you because of a few wrinkles or blemishes it's their loss.

<---- look at me... I'm not worried about what I look like.... altho a bit of peach lip stick might help.

What about my navy blue ribbon to go with that peach lipstick?

AndreaB Contributor
You don't think it would clash? :lol:

Help... me... I am living amongst ... GLUTEN... :o:lol:

Those were our wedding colors.....no they don't clash with each other but make clash with your skin tone. :lol::lol:

I don't know how you do it. Back, no gluten! :P

DingoGirl Enthusiast

oh Lordy. I ask a perfectly innocent question, a serious question in fact, about my face peeling off, and there you two are.....offering baby slobber and vinegar....... :lol::P:lol::P:lol:

I just love you girls. And to anyone else who reads this, seriously wanting to help me, PLEASE post your responses, I"m not as beautiful as those two think I am, need help with skin, which is still peeling off.

:)

See you in RAchelville you dingbats. ;)

AndreaB Contributor
I can't decide whether this is the BEST product to renew skin, or a complete nightmare....

Doesn't sound like a very good product if you are having that kind of reaction. Have you tried kiss my face products. Meredith and Patti use those I think. Don't know what all their line is though. Try using more natural stuff without so many harsh chemicals. That may make the difference.

DingoGirl Enthusiast
:lol::lol:

This is not good.... are you using lotion to help restore the dryness?

excellent mock-serious answer, Cecile....ha ha ha ha I know how to spot a faker when I see one....yes silly, I am putting JOjoba oil on it every night... :P

Andrea - hi! I NEED the chemicals to peel off the outer layer of my skin! :o Yes chemicals are bad....but my skin is damaged and needs repair.....I haven't used the cream in over a week now....still deciding what to do.......

AndreaB Contributor

How about both. Can't you find something other than coffee. You must not like sleep very well. :P

Yeah, you can keep me company. :D

I get shaky when I don't get enough protein.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I have to make more coffee tonight to make my tummy feel better.... but that might mean... that... I will be UP all night :o

I'm trying real hard to stay away from the gluten but what scared me today was that I'm starting to get shaky again... or that might be the coffee :lol:

uh, Ma'am, I think you should take these complaints to another thread.....

:lol::lol::lol: We ARE talking about my skin, right.....

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Wait one minute.... I am not a mock..ing bird, I am an ostrich.

You should decide NOT to use that anymore... :o:lol:

oh , right, ostrich......forgot.....you are SO pretty, what do you use on YOUR skin and hair....your hair is gorgeous....

(we are going to get busted by admin)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Protein... check... eating out of a can of refried beans... hmmm Dh might not want to sleep next to me tonight :lol:

very nice Cecile....thank you for sharing....... :lol::lol::lol:

AndreaB Contributor
Oh yes... skin...skin... do you like my gray tone in my skin?

Oh dear gaaawwwdddd that made me laugh out loud and I scared the cat.... :lol:

I will keep you company :)

Protein... check... eating out of a can of refried beans... hmmm Dh might not want to sleep next to me tonight :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Susan,

This is the gab category. So what's wrong with gabbing?

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Susan,

This is the gab category. So what's wrong with gabbing?

:lol::lol::lol: forgot Andrea, you are totally right! it does say "to talk about anything OTHER than Celiac" so gab away, girls, gab away! :) now I am going back and forth......exhausting.....must....stop......now......

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I think the COFFEE is helping me keep up.... that and ostriches have very long legs... wonder if pantyhose come in my size...

Off to OMG.... run Forest run.....

:lol::lol::lol:

pantyhose - - - - :lol::lol: that makes me laugh....haven't worn them in years.......I think they'd give me hives...... :lol: they don't go well with flip-flops and Uggs

AndreaB Contributor
:lol::lol::lol: forgot Andrea, you are totally right! it does say "to talk about anything OTHER than Celiac" so gab away, girls, gab away! :) now I am going back and forth......exhausting.....must....stop......now......

Now if you can get the girls to go back and forth with you, you can skip the walk once in awhile. :P

rinne Apprentice
dlp252 Apprentice

Can't leave you people alone for even a few minutes and you're sneaking off to reek havoc in other threads!!! Do we have to send the geese??? :lol:

AndreaB Contributor

Nope, no geese needed, unless they want to come. Mother Hen is here.

jerseyangel Proficient

Hey! You moved some of the party over here and no one told me :angry:

Well, I found you anyways! :lol:

Susan, this cream sounds too strong for you--are you using it every night? I know that with a lot of the stronger "peel" type creams, you start out very slowly--like once a week.

If the peeling and burning persist, you probably need something else. Was this prescribed for you, or is it over the counter?

I've been using the Zia Cleanser and Night cream--I used to exfolliate daily, and I'm serious, my skin looks better now since I switched products.

Celia--About the coffee, do you think it's the coffee or that it's a hot beverage? Maybe the hot liquid relaxes your system. Just a thought.

Well, that's it for my 2 cents--carry on! :DB)

AndreaB Contributor
Hey! You moved some of the party over here and no one told me :angry:

Well, I found you anyways! :lol:

Um, Susan did say that Celia hijacked her thread, that was posted in OMG. Glad to see you though. :)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Can't leave you people alone for even a few minutes and you're sneaking off to reek havoc in other threads!!! Do we have to send the geese??? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Isn't Celia just a kook? look what she's done....and Andrea, partner in crime.... :lol: now TWO threads....holy cow.....

Patti! hi there - - - this is a prescribed cream, I have samples. I ONLY put it on about once a week - or should say, have only used it TWICE. very strong. skin's better now, all peeled off I guess. I will look into those products you are using.

:P see you in R-ville, you dingbats.....

jerseyangel Proficient
Um, Susan did say that Celia hijacked her thread, that was posted in OMG. Glad to see you though. :)

Sorry, I didn't see it--busy morning.

ehrin Explorer

I was prescribed that cream for a condition I had on my legs. I cannot even imagine putting it on my face. I lasted two treatments, on my legs, before I threw it away. It literally was peeling the top layers of skin off and leaving the raw under layers exposed! If I were you I wouldn't put it on my face - what happens when you go out into the sun? Were you prescribed this?

dlp252 Apprentice
I was prescribed that cream for a condition I had on my legs. I cannot even imagine putting it on my face. I lasted two treatments, on my legs, before I threw it away. It literally was peeling the top layers of skin off and leaving the raw under layers exposed! If I were you I wouldn't put it on my face - what happens when you go out into the sun? Were you prescribed this?

:o Yikes, I have an appointment with a dermatologist today for my legs...intense itching.

ehrin Explorer
:o Yikes, I have an appointment with a dermatologist today for my legs...intense itching.

It turns out the cream was irrelevant for me. I had something called perforating foliculitis - where the hair follicle grows out and then goes back in - it looked like I had zits all over my legs. There is no diffinitive way to treat it so my dermatiologist used me as a case study. We did 10 treatments of laser hair removal, from my ankles to my bikini line (can you believe he convinced my insurance to cover this??).

dlp252 Apprentice
It turns out the cream was irrelevant for me. I had something called perforating foliculitis - where the hair follicle grows out and then goes back in - it looked like I had zits all over my legs. There is no diffinitive way to treat it so my dermatiologist used me as a case study. We did 10 treatments of laser hair removal, from my ankles to my bikini line (can you believe he convinced my insurance to cover this??).

Okay now really :o ! Amazing that they got that covered...darned insurance companies don't want to pay for the regular everyday stuff!

Archived