618 replies to this topic

#16 dlp252

dlp252

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:13 AM

Can't leave you people alone for even a few minutes and you're sneaking off to reek havoc in other threads!!! Do we have to send the geese??? :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:17 AM

Nope, no geese needed, unless they want to come. Mother Hen is here.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#18 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:33 AM

Hey! You moved some of the party over here and no one told me :angry:

Well, I found you anyways! :lol:

Susan, this cream sounds too strong for you--are you using it every night? I know that with a lot of the stronger "peel" type creams, you start out very slowly--like once a week.

If the peeling and burning persist, you probably need something else. Was this prescribed for you, or is it over the counter?

I've been using the Zia Cleanser and Night cream--I used to exfolliate daily, and I'm serious, my skin looks better now since I switched products.

Celia--About the coffee, do you think it's the coffee or that it's a hot beverage? Maybe the hot liquid relaxes your system. Just a thought.

Well, that's it for my 2 cents--carry on! :D B)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#19 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:36 AM

Hey! You moved some of the party over here and no one told me :angry:

Well, I found you anyways! :lol:

Um, Susan did say that Celia hijacked her thread, that was posted in OMG. Glad to see you though. :)

Andrea

Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#20 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:39 AM

Can't leave you people alone for even a few minutes and you're sneaking off to reek havoc in other threads!!! Do we have to send the geese??? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Isn't Celia just a kook? look what she's done....and Andrea, partner in crime.... :lol: now TWO threads....holy cow.....

Patti! hi there - - - this is a prescribed cream, I have samples. I ONLY put it on about once a week - or should say, have only used it TWICE. very strong. skin's better now, all peeled off I guess. I will look into those products you are using.

:P see you in R-ville, you dingbats.....
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#21 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:56 AM

Um, Susan did say that Celia hijacked her thread, that was posted in OMG. Glad to see you though. :)

Sorry, I didn't see it--busy morning.
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#22 ehrin

ehrin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:58 AM

I was prescribed that cream for a condition I had on my legs. I cannot even imagine putting it on my face. I lasted two treatments, on my legs, before I threw it away. It literally was peeling the top layers of skin off and leaving the raw under layers exposed! If I were you I wouldn't put it on my face - what happens when you go out into the sun? Were you prescribed this?
My name is forgettable, so I invite you to remember this tale." (RG)

Diagnosed with celiac disease, by biopsy, 10/05
T1 diabetic since 2/80

#23 dlp252

dlp252

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 09:50 AM

I was prescribed that cream for a condition I had on my legs. I cannot even imagine putting it on my face. I lasted two treatments, on my legs, before I threw it away. It literally was peeling the top layers of skin off and leaving the raw under layers exposed! If I were you I wouldn't put it on my face - what happens when you go out into the sun? Were you prescribed this?

:o Yikes, I have an appointment with a dermatologist today for my legs...intense itching.

#24 ehrin

ehrin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:09 AM

:o Yikes, I have an appointment with a dermatologist today for my legs...intense itching.

It turns out the cream was irrelevant for me. I had something called perforating foliculitis - where the hair follicle grows out and then goes back in - it looked like I had zits all over my legs. There is no diffinitive way to treat it so my dermatiologist used me as a case study. We did 10 treatments of laser hair removal, from my ankles to my bikini line (can you believe he convinced my insurance to cover this??).

T1 diabetic since 2/80

#25 dlp252

dlp252

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:25 AM

It turns out the cream was irrelevant for me. I had something called perforating foliculitis - where the hair follicle grows out and then goes back in - it looked like I had zits all over my legs. There is no diffinitive way to treat it so my dermatiologist used me as a case study. We did 10 treatments of laser hair removal, from my ankles to my bikini line (can you believe he convinced my insurance to cover this??).

Okay now really :o ! Amazing that they got that covered...darned insurance companies don't want to pay for the regular everyday stuff!

#26 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:31 AM

holy cow, did it work?

People DO use this cream (Tazorac) on their faces - been doing some research - - but I guess it is for SEVERE acne, and you know people will try anything for that. MIne isn't severe - - but I could see that this would give me a wh ole new SKIN if I used it for a few months.....but it's painful and difficult! It's a sample from a friend, who has what her derm initially called foliculitis, on her torso - - but it is not. I keep telling her, you're just getting OLD, and this is something that happens. She's been to the derm FOUR TIMES and now they think she is crazy.......as do I....... :lol:
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

#27 ehrin

ehrin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 11:22 AM

holy cow, did it work?

People DO use this cream (Tazorac) on their faces - been doing some research - - but I guess it is for SEVERE acne, and you know people will try anything for that. MIne isn't severe - - but I could see that this would give me a wh ole new SKIN if I used it for a few months.....but it's painful and difficult! It's a sample from a friend, who has what her derm initially called foliculitis, on her torso - - but it is not. I keep telling her, you're just getting OLD, and this is something that happens. She's been to the derm FOUR TIMES and now they think she is crazy.......as do I....... :lol:

Yes it did work, but did it make me hair free? NO!! And that's what I was excited about! :P I thought, wow, two birds - one stone. But I am a hormonal nightmare...nature does not want me to be hair free.

Now if you are losing layer after layer of skin I think you have your answer - you have to stop. Have you been to the dermatologist? Is there anything homeopathic that might work? As others said, you are beautiful as you are, but we women are vain - so I can understand your need to have flawless skin! I'm nearly 30 and still buy Clearasil!

T1 diabetic since 2/80

#28 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:04 PM

Now if you are losing layer after layer of skin I think you have your answer - you have to stop. Have you been to the dermatologist? Is there anything homeopathic that might work? As others said, you are beautiful as you are, but we women are vain - so I can understand your need to have flawless skin! I'm nearly 30 and still buy Clearasil!

Wait until you hit your 40's - - you kind of WANT to lose layer after layer.... :o and that's actually what this cream, and retinols, are designed to do. I do know that if you can get through the first 3 - 6 months they are highly effective and new skin results. Just not so great in teh beginning, though.
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

#29 ehrin

ehrin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:11 PM

Wait until you hit your 40's - - you kind of WANT to lose layer after layer.... :o and that's actually what this cream, and retinols, are designed to do. I do know that if you can get through the first 3 - 6 months they are highly effective and new skin results. Just not so great in teh beginning, though.

hmmm I see your point!
Well I wish you luck! Are you going to stick with it? Or try something else?

T1 diabetic since 2/80

#30 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:17 PM

Andrea... you sweet thing...hope all is well with you today.

I'm ok......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Just got an email from my oldest stepson. He wants us to come to Olympia tomorrow for a goodbye party his mother is throwing at a park up there. Very late notice for one, no one gluten-free but us, all sorts of gluten hands handling Seth not to mention the other two. Was planning on going to Olympia next weekend to see my mom since she was just here babysitting for me yesterday. Chris and wife are moving to eastern washington so who knows when Talitha and Micah would have a chance to see them again. Not that that is that far, but we hardly see them at all now and they are only a couple hours away. Now we've got to decide if we want to spend the $25 gas to go up this weekend and another $25 to go up next weekend. We are on a super sonic short budget this month too. I'll see what hubby wants to do when he gets home. My eating (not) yesterday is probably contributing to me being tired. Licking envelopes today probably didn't help either. That's ok...I'll probably perk up once the kids are in bed. :P :lol: It's amazing what a peaceful, quiet house can do to ones spirits.

The kids are watching our wedding video. Sound is good, picture is awful. The guy we asked to video had lousy eyesight and didn't know the auto focus wasn't working. He said it was a perfect wedding, even started on time to the minute, so other than that video we can't complain.

Andrea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: