618 replies to this topic

#31 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:19 PM

I was sending you "mind thought"...you know, that thing were twins can read each others minds. Maybe my thougths were clouded by so much coffee... :lol: I wonder if the warm liquid is the key... am going to test it tonight.... by Joves... you might be on to something!!

Mon ami...would never leave you out of anything :)

I just love it when you speak French to me :P

Actually, your thought probably got through fine, it was my fogged brain that didn't catch it!

How is everything today? All going well with the kid's house?

I just thought of something--Susan may have a chat-thread of her own going here. Wherever we all land, it's a party! :D
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 angel_jd1

angel_jd1

Gluten Free Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:30 PM

Licking envelopes... don't they contain gluten? You must eat better... how can you take care of all of us if you're not well yourself.
God gaaawwwwdddd :lol:

Floridian......I have been meaning to tell you that you have the most beautiful eyes and schnoz (nose). :lol:

Actually have been wanting to say that I laugh everytime I see that picture. LOVE IT!

-Jessica :rolleyes:
Jessica
Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!
Kansas

#33 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:31 PM

:lol: :lol: schnoz :lol: :lol:
Patti

#34 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

Licking envelopes... don't they contain gluten? You must eat better... how can you take care of all of us if you're not well yourself.

My idea person isn't here and I plum forgot that I hadn't eaten until 9pm our time when I started getting hungry. That's what I get for not eating before the appointment, threw my whole day off.

Seth.....boy all these buttons on the CPU sure look/are fun to play with. Now if I could just get a good taste of it. It's raspberry season (according to him). :P

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#35 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:04 PM

Celia--Try butter, salt and pepper. I know you tried butter--did you use enough salt?

Another thing that is delicious is cheese grits--stir some cheddar cheese into hot grits, salt, pepper and a dash of garlic powder. Yum!

Or try maple syrup and butter.

I love grits, they don't love me back :(
Patti

#36 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:06 PM

I was going to suggest maple syrup also. Maple syrup makes everything better.....hot cereal wise anyway. :P

Andrea

Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

#37 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:25 PM

The thing is--they're corn. Corn is one of the foods that I'm sensitive to. If you're ok with corn, you should have no problem at all :)

Grab your syrup and have at it! :lol:
Patti

#38 Camille'sBigSister

Camille'sBigSister

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:11 PM

Oh, there y'all are! Hooray, I found you!!! Refuge from the storm, dont'cha know. :P

I know nothing about facial/leg peels, but everything about grits. So may I join you goofy girls?

The secret to grits, imo, is lots of salt, low heat, long cooking, and tons of butter added when served. Grits are one of my favorite comfort foods. In fact, I'm going to go make some right now. Y'all have made me hungry!

Cissie

P.S. When we got home after our five years in Germany, many things puzzled my two littlest young'uns. They couldn't understand why we didn't have to go through Customs when we crossed a state line; and when they saw all the front porches on houses, they called them "balconies on the ground." We drove to Memphis from New York, and stayed overnight at a hotel in Nashville. At breakfast in the hotel dining room the next morning, there were, of course, grits on each plate. The little guys stared at their plates in bewilderment, then looked at me, and one of them asked, "What's that white stuff?" :D

#39 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:14 PM

Susan... my friend... I am sending you "come and play" thoughts... can you feel them? :lol:

Yes Cecile I CAN feel you wanting me to play, silly!! I just posted on the OMG thread.....but I see you have started your own chat room over here, HIJACKING my serious skin peeling thread.... :P

Good to see you girls over here! maybe we can do whatever we want and not get busted.... :ph34r: who's to know, or care.....ha ha ha ha

CEcile you are going to be very sad that I have to head out to a family dinner. but not as sad as I, of course.....am going to behave and not talk at all - - the new veeeeery mysterious me.....make them all wonder what I"M thinking as I quietly sit and smile. ha ha ha

so I gotta go! love you girls....

:)
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#40 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:54 PM

Celia,

I see you. Hubby finally got home around 6:30-7:00. I'm so happy :D ....I really missed him. :( Getting ready to get the bouncing, kicking one to bed. He's smiling and laughing at mommy.

Andrea

#41 Green12

Green12

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,299 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 08:24 PM

You guys moved the party and didn't tell me :lol: I'm always the last one to catch on

Oh no, I can't even keep up with the one thread...

#42 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,939 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 06:05 AM

Did you always have this or did it just pop up after a while?

I'm just seeing this this morning--went to bed early last night!

My intolerance to corn, as well as most of the others, showed up after I was on the gluten-free diet for about 5 months. I had been doing very well on the gluten-free diet, and then a lot of my symptoms came back, and I was almost as sick as I was before I was diagnosed. That was when I began to look for other problem foods. It's been quite a year :D

So, how did it go with the grits?
Patti

#43 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 07:32 AM

Celia,

Cut back on the coffee. I don't know if it's decaf or not, but all you've been drinking can't be helping.....on top of the gluten floating around in the house now.

Andrea

#44 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:01 AM

Good googly moogly..if it ain't one thing it's another... my tummy feels better but now my head hurts.. really wish I was an ostrich today :o :lol:

If you bury your head in the sand, all the blood will come rushing to it and probably make you feel worse. :P :lol:

Andrea

#45 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:48 AM

and may I please remind you that we are supposed to be talking about my SKIN here?????

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: