- - - - -

Gf Vitamins

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_seekinghelp_*

Guest_Guest_seekinghelp_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:11 PM

:blink: I have been searching for a good gluten free multi-vitamin from a company that I can trust. Can anyone recommend one?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:34 PM

Centrum assured me that their multi-vit is gluten-free. Whether or not you call it a good vitamin... I won't go into that debate. :-)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#3 Lily

Lily

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 06:49 AM

Here's a message I posted in another forum.

I just wanted to let everyone know to be careful of the supplements you buy. My nutritionist says she has only found 4 or 5 brands that are safe for gluten allergies. Many supposed gluten free products still dust their lines with flour. The following products are what she has deemed safe for me as far as supplements go....

Tyler Products
Metagenics Products
Oregon Health
KTS Liquid Minerals

My P-5-P I can't find the company on, but this is a start if you are interested. I realize everyone may not be as sensitive as me, but she has told me if it is processed, be suspicious! She only recommends Knudsen fruit juices, etc.. Once I totally detoxify myself I'll have to see what I'm truly allergic too.

All of this is costing a small fortune, but I am excited to find out what it feels like to be healthy.

Hope this helps you.

Blessings,
Lily

#4 oneyellowducky

oneyellowducky

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 07:03 AM

I wanted to tell everyone about a wonderful gluten free vitamin. The vitamin is called Daily Free and it is produced by a company called Nutrilite. This vitamin is free of yeast, gluten, sugar, iron, and alfalfa. Nutrilite is one of the largest manufacturers of branded vitamins and mineral tablets in the world, with product sales in more than 40 countries. Nutrilite not only manufactures all of its own products, it also grows all of the raw materials used in them. Nutrilite farms and operations are all certified organic. Anyone that is looking for a vitamin that is truly gluten free from a company that cares about the quality of its products will love this one. You can order the vitamin online by setting up an account at www.foundmyfreedom.com. The vitamins cost $40.35 for clients and $27.85 for members (product number AA0088). There are 180 tablets per bottle and since you only take one a day, one bottle will last 6 months!! I just can't say enough wonderful things about them. I have felt so much better since I started using these.

#5 oneyellowducky

oneyellowducky

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 12:51 PM

Sorry I forgot to tell everyone the password to get into the www.foundmyfreedom.com website. The guest password for the site is... guest.

#6 Guest_Just_Visiting_*

Guest_Just_Visiting_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2004 - 05:53 AM

I just picked up a multiple vitamin which is gluten free. Solgar VM-75. The antioxidant levels were not as good as my multiple vitamin before my diagnosis so I am supplementing my supplement with another gluten free vitamin from Solgar which is called Advanced Antioxidant Formula. Just incase you are thinking I work for Solgar, I don't. Then request was for a "reputable" vitamin and Solgar is that.

#7 Kathy

Kathy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:06 AM

Speaking of vitamins.. I just emailed the Nature Made company and received the following reply in yesterdays e-mail.
[We recently received your e-mail regarding Nature Made products. We
appreciate your question concerning the gluten content of our products.

We are aware that many consumers are concerned about gluten in their
diets. Therefore, we are happy to inform you that currently all our
products are gluten free.

We thank you for contacting us and hope that you will continue to use and
enjoy Nature Made products with complete confidence.

Sincerely,
Catherine Meier
Consumer Affairs Representative
Pharmavite, LLC
CM:82676-04

QUOTE]

This is about all I feel I can do at this time.. I explained to them the need for no gluten.. You can find Nature Made products in alot of health food stores or online..Hope this helps someone.. Kathy

#8 seekinghelp

seekinghelp

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 10:04 PM

oneyellowducky,

I took your advice and tried the Nutrilite vitamins from foundmyfreedom.com after doing some research of my own. I found out that Nutrilite is the oldest vitamin manufacture and they actually invented the multivitamin. When I registred with the site and searched for the vitamins they said they were gluten free right on the website. I love it when a company will inform you whether a product is gluten free or not and you don't have to call them. I have been using them for a few weeks and I think they're wonderful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: