Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gf Vitamins

8 posts in this topic

:blink: I have been searching for a good gluten free multi-vitamin from a company that I can trust. Can anyone recommend one?

Ads by Google:

Centrum assured me that their multi-vit is gluten-free. Whether or not you call it a good vitamin... I won't go into that debate. :-)

Here's a message I posted in another forum.

I just wanted to let everyone know to be careful of the supplements you buy. My nutritionist says she has only found 4 or 5 brands that are safe for gluten allergies. Many supposed gluten free products still dust their lines with flour. The following products are what she has deemed safe for me as far as supplements go....

Tyler Products

Metagenics Products

Oregon Health

KTS Liquid Minerals

My P-5-P I can't find the company on, but this is a start if you are interested. I realize everyone may not be as sensitive as me, but she has told me if it is processed, be suspicious! She only recommends Knudsen fruit juices, etc.. Once I totally detoxify myself I'll have to see what I'm truly allergic too.

All of this is costing a small fortune, but I am excited to find out what it feels like to be healthy.

Hope this helps you.

Blessings,

Lily

I wanted to tell everyone about a wonderful gluten free vitamin. The vitamin is called Daily Free and it is produced by a company called Nutrilite. This vitamin is free of yeast, gluten, sugar, iron, and alfalfa. Nutrilite is one of the largest manufacturers of branded vitamins and mineral tablets in the world, with product sales in more than 40 countries. Nutrilite not only manufactures all of its own products, it also grows all of the raw materials used in them. Nutrilite farms and operations are all certified organic. Anyone that is looking for a vitamin that is truly gluten free from a company that cares about the quality of its products will love this one. You can order the vitamin online by setting up an account at www.foundmyfreedom.com. The vitamins cost $40.35 for clients and $27.85 for members (product number AA0088). There are 180 tablets per bottle and since you only take one a day, one bottle will last 6 months!! I just can't say enough wonderful things about them. I have felt so much better since I started using these.

Sorry I forgot to tell everyone the password to get into the www.foundmyfreedom.com website. The guest password for the site is... guest.

I just picked up a multiple vitamin which is gluten free. Solgar VM-75. The antioxidant levels were not as good as my multiple vitamin before my diagnosis so I am supplementing my supplement with another gluten free vitamin from Solgar which is called Advanced Antioxidant Formula. Just incase you are thinking I work for Solgar, I don't. Then request was for a "reputable" vitamin and Solgar is that.

Speaking of vitamins.. I just emailed the Nature Made company and received the following reply in yesterdays e-mail.

[We recently received your e-mail regarding Nature Made products. We

appreciate your question concerning the gluten content of our products.

We are aware that many consumers are concerned about gluten in their

diets. Therefore, we are happy to inform you that currently all our

products are gluten free.

We thank you for contacting us and hope that you will continue to use and

enjoy Nature Made products with complete confidence.

Sincerely,

Catherine Meier

Consumer Affairs Representative

Pharmavite, LLC

CM:82676-04

QUOTE]

This is about all I feel I can do at this time.. I explained to them the need for no gluten.. You can find Nature Made products in alot of health food stores or online..Hope this helps someone.. Kathy

oneyellowducky,

I took your advice and tried the Nutrilite vitamins from foundmyfreedom.com after doing some research of my own. I found out that Nutrilite is the oldest vitamin manufacture and they actually invented the multivitamin. When I registred with the site and searched for the vitamins they said they were gluten free right on the website. I love it when a company will inform you whether a product is gluten free or not and you don't have to call them. I have been using them for a few weeks and I think they're wonderful.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• Yeah I ended up allergic to corn, olives, sesame, whey, and peanuts and intolerant to dairy, soy, yeast, enzyme issues with breaking down meats, and egg yolks, along with extreme bloat with any kind of carbs/sugars in moderate amounts. And very adverse reactions to certain artificial sweeteners. So your not alone in all the other issues cropping up, it happens as our bodies adjust.  I eat a bunch of stir frys with veggies, egg whites, plenty of  avocados, and toasted and raw forms of almonds, coconut, cashews, walnuts, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sancha inchi seeds, chia seeds, and sunflower seeds in all forms including making them into butters, spreads, and incorporating them into sauces.   Most meals are forms of soups, omelettes, and stir frys. I do the seeds and nuts on rotation same with my veggies and snack on fruits in small amounts along with some homemade baked goods I make for markets. I do suggest a rotation of foods, my dietician said I need to rotate my foods to prevent more issues, making sure I am off one one for at least 7-14 days at a time completely. I find changing up the spices and rotating my cuisine base works well. I also make puddings, and protein shakes along with nut/seed milks, and different bases and extract flavorings to get my random cravings Taken care of. Guess take what you can from this and and see how it can help you,    As to the tinging, I ended up with both B vitamin and magnesium deficiency issues, the magnesium one caused a fire like tingling in my arms, legs and back, along with muscle pain. Ended up on a doctors best powder form of it so I can dose it out right, and found epsom salt bathes helped.  
    • Hi, I've gained so much knowledge on this forum over the past few months, which I am so thankful for. I can see how much hell people are going through with this disease and it's so lovely to see how much support and advice people give to others on here. I'd like a little bit of reassurance and advice myself from anyone that can help. I've been gluten free for six months. Two weeks after going gluten free I realised I also had a problem with corn so cut out processed food. Over the following weeks and months I continually had problems with food; fruit, dairy, a lot of vegetables, nuts, soya....it's basically dwindled down to just eating potatoes (not white potatoes), cucumber, lettuce, small amounts of red onion, spring onion, sprouts and beetroot. There may be more things I could be okay with but to be honest I'm too scared to try.  Is this all normal? Am I an extreme case? I've been taking some digestive enzymes and probiotics for about six weeks, my acid reflux has dramatically decreased but I always have a lot of loud noises going on in my guts, I'm guessing this is the probiotics working.  I've lost nearly 3st in weight since this started - which I'm not complaining about as I was overweight due to thyroid problems. I've had loads of blood tests done recently, all organs are working 'great' according to my doctor, the only thing they've picked up on is ketones, I seem to be having a glucose problem, which might explain my exhaustion and weight loss. I also have permanent numbness and sometimes tingling in one of my legs and sometimes hands and one shoulder, I thought it could have vitamin B12 deficiency but that's okay according to blood tests. I would be greatful for any replies. Thanks for reading.
    • Hi everyone, I am doing job in restaurant at evening 5 to 12 during working hours no time to do a dinner. I'm thinking to make a shake but don't know the gluten free vitamin or supplement brand which one is good for me and easily available in Berlin Germany to make me fit cause last one week i feel weak. I'm 28 year old. Sincerely
    • Hey there just wanted to warn anyone that has other allergies- these crackers may not be a good choice! I'm mildly sensitive to MSG- I only react if there's a giant amount like in Chinese food or Ramen noodles, etc.  I literally have a to eat TONS of a the offending food before reacting.  Anyway, I was excited to try these Trader Joes pumpkin crackers, kept hearing about them on the radio .... and they're gluten free!  (I have Hashi's).  I ate about 3/4 of the box last night. Woke up this morning with a red itchy face and nasal congestion, headache, anxiety. Hallmark symptoms for me of high MSG intake. (It does say yeast extract on the side but it's pretty far down the list). So if you're sensitive.... stay away! Apparently these particular crackers are loaded with it. 
    • I admit, my blood panel was "mildly positive" with only the DPG IGA being the positive, yet I had a Marsh Stage IIIB (pathologist report) though my visual on the endoscopy was fine.  celiac disease can be hard to diagnose, that is for sure.  
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    AbuBakar