- - - - -

Noisey Stomach

• Please log in to reply

15 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2004 - 11:05 AM

I just wanted to know if anyone else experiences "audible bowel sounds"?

If so, do you know what causes it and should I be worried?

Thank you.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mg5676

mg5676

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 12:21 PM

I also have a noisy stomach, I think it's just digestion & nothing to worry about, but that's only a guess.

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 12:27 PM

I did, before going gluten-free. (It took me a while to realize it was gone, since it's not painful, or for me, very loud.) (Note, mine was specifically noise from the intestines, not stomach. My stomach seems to be very shy... ;-) )
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#4 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:39 PM

I thought it could be digestion too but it started in August 02 when I believe I was in a celiac disease crisis. I thought after going gluten-free the noise would have gone away but it hasn't. I have been gluten-free since Sept 03.

Yes mine is in my intestines, not my stomach and it's pretty loud!

#5 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 03:51 PM

I have rather noisey insides, too. LOL.

#6 celiac2

celiac2

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:05 PM

At about 4 every morning I wake up with noisy intestinal sounds. It almost sounds and feels like my food is dropping right through me. I'm new to this, Dec. of this year, so I don't know what it is, but I have it too. Don

#7 seeking_wholeness

seeking_wholeness

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:25 PM

Audible bowel sounds are often my first clue that I've had a gluten accident, with diarrhea following the next morning. My intestines are no longer noisy unless I've eaten gluten, though they used to gurgle pretty frequently. My stomach only growls when I'm very hungry!
Sarah
gluten-free since November 1, 2003

#8 sophias_dad

sophias_dad

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:20 AM

For me, a noisy stomach is the first sign that I've ingested gluten. It doesn't seem to happen to me under normal circumstances. It's usually followed by bloating and gas.

#9 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 10:31 AM

My intestines are very noisy when I am on gluten. As well as very bloated and I am extremely gassy(and it is very painful). This is one of the first things to go away when I am gluten-free, and one of the first to return with a gluten accident. I would think that if you continue to have these noises in your intestines (or stomach) that you may want to consult your doctor about it. You may be getting into a regular source of gluten contamination and not realise it. But I don't think it is supposted to be normal...

Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#10 Guest_jhmom_*

Guest_jhmom_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2004 - 11:05 AM

My intestines ALWAYS make that noise at any time during the day but I notice more at night when I am laying in bed. I am pretty sure I am 100% gluten-free, if I wasn't I would feel it, with doubled over pain, diarrhea, etc....

I have talked to my GASTRO doc and he wants to see me on Feb 5th. The only thing is he is not accepting Dr. Fine's diagnosis. Which I really don't care I know his disgnosis is correct and I will stick to my gluten-free diet.

I don't know if any of you use www.webmd.com but I have in the past especially when checking Celiac Disease. In the search engine I typed Audible Bowel Sounds and it pulled up over 100 links regarding LUPUS! Talk about freaking me out, honestly it made me a little nervous.

This is why I want your opinions, to see if it is normal or worth checking out. Thanks for each reply, I really appreciate it (more than you know) :)

#11 SuJ

SuJ

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 03:24 PM

My intestines rumble often also - my naturopath thinks I have a candida problem. Has anyone else had this suggestion made to them?

If you think the celiac disease diet can be rough you should try the B.E.Diet(Body Ecology Diet) This is a very strict diet designed to rid the body of harmful yeast. Most traditional doctors will find this idea laughable but ALL of my symptoms disappear when I am on the B.E.D. However, my will power fails after a few months and the rumbling returns when I add my dark chocolate and Apricot Biscuits back into my diet.

Feel Well and God Bless :D . Su

#12 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 03:54 PM

I have the rumbeling no matter what I eat. . .I don't get sick or anything. If I eat a bigger meal it is louder. .. .I dunno. . .I think it is just the way I am.

-edit-Tonight, I had the rumbeling real bad and got so sick. Maybe I just never thought of being sick and the noise as coinsiding. . .hmmm. . .though, it does happen when I don't get sick, too. I think gf4life is on to something with the dairy. The cold medicene I am on has lactose in it and I took lactaid. . .I usually eat dairy in the day. . .this is all so interesting. . .hahahahaha-edit-

#13 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:27 PM

Just curious, but how many of you with the rumbling, noisy tummies are still eating dairy products??

I was thinking about it, and I am casein sensitive as well as gluten intolerant, and I get the rumbling, gassy, bloating and noise when I eat dairy, even while 100% gluten-free.

Any of you still on dairy may want to just do a trial couple of days dairy free.

Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#14 seeking_wholeness

seeking_wholeness

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 08:41 PM

Mariann, excellent point! I am casein-free, but I forget to mention it anymore (can you believe that?!). That may very well be why tummy rumbling is so reliable a predictor of a gluten accident for me!
Sarah
gluten-free since November 1, 2003

#15 debmidge

debmidge

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 26 April 2004 - 01:11 AM

My celiac husband always had intestinal sounds before going gluten-free; and still has them. My theory is that since he's been undiagnosed for 28 years, he probably has a good amount of villi damage and until that's cleared up he's going to get those rumbles. The rumbles do not result in loose bowel, just noise and some intestinal gas. As the "healthy" mate, I have to admit I get the "gubba-gubba's" as I calll them, every now and then and I am not celiac (as far as I know).
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: