5 replies to this topic

#1 jcc

jcc

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 08:59 AM

Sorry to intrude like this...but the Braintalk Gluten Sensitivity/Celiac Disease forum crashed about a month ago and has not returned, and unfortunately some of us have lost touch! I suspect many are scattered among the various other Celiac Forums. I am looking for Karen (founder of MADD (not mothers against drunk drivers)), and mother of Ted. If anyone knows where Karen is, could you please let her know I am looking for her. She can contact me through http://jccglutenfree.googlepages.com/ .

I'd love to hear from other displaced Braintalkers, too!

Thanks,

Cara (jcc)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Nancym

Nancym

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 10:19 AM

Hello! I was a brain talker too. I miss the forum so much! Has anyone heard any updates from the admins?

So sad to think the wonderful Gluten File is gone!

#3 Calona

Calona

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:20 PM

Hello! I was a brain talker too. I miss the forum so much! Has anyone heard any updates from the admins?

Hi Cara and Nancy, I was on BT to and I really miss it, is there any chance that it will ever come back?
Patricia :)

Hi Cara and Nancy, I was on BT to and I really miss it, is there any chance that it will ever come back?
Patricia :) I was turner

#4 jcc

jcc

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

Hi Nancy!

Someone suggested that I put The Gluten File out on a website, so I did. It is not the same, though, because without the forum to go with it...well, its just not the same! It is also missing all the great discussion threads that were attached to each section. But, at least, for those interested in this sort of information..it is still there. Thank goodness a couple of people suggested I make a back up copy a couple of years ago. My backup was from a year ago, so it may be missing a few things.

As far as I know, nobody has heard anything from John Lester about getting the board back up. There are murmurs from other BTers (gluten forum and others) about setting up a new forum. If there ever is another site that comes up I will certainly include it in the Favorite Links section of The Gluten File...so book mark the site...and check back periodically. I don't think it would happen before October.

Cara (jcc)

Patricia :)
Patricia :) I was turner

Hi Turner~

People are losing hope that it will come back. There have been no updates, which to me, is a bad sign. Still, there are so many displaced people...on our board, and also the others like MS, Chronic Pain, PN, Child Neurology, Epilepsy, Spinal Disorders, and more. As I just mentioned, there are a few murmers from some longstanding BTers about starting up a new board. So far just talk, but stay tuned. I would definately put it somewhere in TGF if something opens up, so keep an eye out. Again, I don't think it would be anytime before October.

I'm really missing it too. The people :).

Cara (jcc)

#5 Calona

Calona

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 01:55 PM

Hi Nancy!

Someone suggested I put The Gluten File out as on a website, so I did. It is not the same, though, because without the forum to go with it...well, its just not the same! It is also missing all the great discussion threads that were attached to each section. But, at least, for those interested in this sort of information..it is still there. Thank goodness a couple people suggested I make a back up copy a couple of years ago. My backup was from a year ago, so it may be missing a few things.

As far as I know, nobody has heard anything from John Lester about getting the board back up. There are murmurs from other BTers (gluten forum and others) about setting up a new forum. If there ever is another site that comes up I will certainly include it in the Favorite Links section of The Gluten File...so book mark the site...and check back periodically. I don't think it would happen before October.

Cara (jcc)
Hi Turner!

People are losing hope that it will come back. There have been no updates, which to me, is a bad sign. Still, there are so many displaced people...on our board, and also the others like MS, Chronic Pain, PN, Child Neurology, Epilepsy, Spinal Disorders, and more. As I just mentioned, there are a few murmers from some longstanding BTers about starting up a new board. So far just talk, but stay tuned. I would definately put it somewhere in TGF if something opens up, so keep an eye out. Again, I don't think it would be anytime before October.

I'm really missing it too. The people :).

Cara (jcc)

It sure will be a sorry day if Bt never comes back, there were so many people on there that were getting help and information. I know there is no other site like it, still keeping my fingers crossed that it will come back. Patricia

#6 Nancym

Nancym

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 02:27 PM

Wow! That's excellent you made a backup of it. And you did such a beautiful job. It really is beautifully formated. I just read your story about the gluten sensitivity self-diagnosis, it was wonderful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: