This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ugh Displaced Mind

Lister

Lister Rising Star

wow, i really dont know whats going on withmyself anymore

I felt like i was doing great - the stomic burning and gurgaling(doctor put me on prilosec to see if that would help, i have to wait tell payday because i cant afford it right now) is happening less offten and without the meds yet. but lately it seems like my instestines are always talking, like i can feel pushing in them and like fart noises and feelings, but coming from inside me all the time, plus im getting cysts in random spots hope those are not bad, i got a lump on my chest thats hard and my girlfriend says its a cyst, i have one on my back also and one on my thigh ( never had these before) and these past few days it feels like my mind is detached from my vision (like a mild stoned feeling all the time) but i quit smoking the greens about a month ago now so i know its not because of greens.... ugh i wish i could just feel perfectly "normal" for a day

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lister Rising Star

anyone know about any of these things im talking about or am i all alone? trying to find someone to relate to so i can feel atleast slightly normal. im tired of not knowing whats going on with my body

queenofhearts Explorer

Did you talk to your doctor about the cysts? The other symptoms sound very typical for a Celiac still not fully healed, but those cysts worry me.

Leah

p.s. Congratulations on giving up the additional mind fogging agent! I'm sure that was a smart move.

lorka150 Collaborator

Lister - I believe you are still relatively young, if I remember. Is it possible to ask someone in your family to lend you some money for your medication? At least that would provide you some relief.

Congrats on giving up the herb. Smart move. Could have gotten cross contaminated.

Lister Rising Star

i dont get how im not fully healed yet, its been like 5 months gluten free now, and i dont think i had that much damage to begine with. as for the cysts, i showed the doctor the one i have on my back about 3 months ago, he said its a benin cyst and just to put a warm compress on it and it will drain, aparently cysts are not bad unless they are under the muscle/ bone/ whatever but if they are above the skin like mine they should be fine (or atleast i hope)

wish i could ask family for money but my dad is a dick and even if he had money he would not give it to me (seeing as he stole over 1k from me while i was living there) and my mom lives in another state i dont even know what state so i cant ask her. i dout the meds will even help anyways probably just a waist of money

lorka150 Collaborator

i can assure you i am not fully healed (whatever that might even be) and it's been a year. patience. you're not dying.

queenofhearts Explorer

Sorry to hear about the family situation, that can't help. But I'm glad your cysts are the benign kind. And yes, have patience, because it does take time to heal, & you had some pretty severe symptoms. If you are showing improvement, it means you're on the right track.

Leah

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

evie Rookie
wow, i really dont know whats going on withmyself anymore

I felt like i was doing great - the stomic burning and gurgaling(doctor put me on prilosec to see if that would help, i have to wait tell payday because i cant afford it right now) is happening less offten and without the meds yet. but lately it seems like my instestines are always talking, like i can feel pushing in them and like fart noises and feelings, but coming from inside me all the time, plus im getting cysts in random spots hope those are not bad, i got a lump on my chest thats hard and my girlfriend says its a cyst, i have one on my back also and one on my thigh ( never had these before) and these past few days it feels like my mind is detached from my vision (like a mild stoned feeling all the time) but i quit smoking the greens about a month ago now so i know its not because of greens.... ugh i wish i could just feel perfectly "normal" for a day

Lister, so glad you could drop that Habit!! it is not unusual to have bad days yet, sometimes we just can't trace our problems back to a food or what did the CC. but if you are keeping a food journal you might be able to check out a possibility. when we are around people who can eat gluten we can get it unknowingly.

I know that i probably will not be healed for at least 1 &1/2 years yet because of my age and because I more than likely had been Celiac for a LONG time. Just could not find the right Dr. to put me on the right track. I hope your problem will clear up soon and give you some relief. Bless you. :) evie

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Lister the cysts are most likely gluten related. It sounds like you are getting glutened somewhere.

Lister Rising Star

i know im not, and i dont have DH or any other form of skin problems from gluten, my girlfriend gets cysts also, usualy just heavly plogged skin or ingrown hair. I know the one on my back is benine but the chest one is new and is getting a lil bigger everyday.i know im living gluten free im extra extra carefull about everything and have not had a "glutned" day for about 4 months now, just these small feelings still. My DX wont talk to me because he is mad that im not on dairy still, i tried it i felt sick for a couple of hours so i dont want to try again but he says its important that i go back onto it and that im not sensative to it and i need it to heal... whatever hes dumb

Guest nini

It took me at least 2 years to heal, and 3 1/2 years into it I still have very bad days. I'm admitedly older than you but I don't think that 5 months is enough time gluten-free, and you have spoken about cc and accidental glutenings during that time, and everyone of those instances put your healing back that much further.

sorry that your family situation is such that you can't ask them for help, but there are agencies out there that can help if you cannot get the meds you need. Have you tried applying for medicaid? They might be able to point you to an agency that can help if they can't.

marciab Enthusiast

I was getting cysts from the oil supplements I was taking. Vitamin E and the omega oils. Are you taking these ?

gfp Enthusiast
i dont get how im not fully healed yet, its been like 5 months gluten free now, and i dont think i had that much damage to begine with. as for the cysts, i showed the doctor the one i have on my back about 3 months ago, he said its a benin cyst and just to put a warm compress on it and it will drain, aparently cysts are not bad unless they are under the muscle/ bone/ whatever but if they are above the skin like mine they should be fine (or atleast i hope)

wish i could ask family for money but my dad is a dick and even if he had money he would not give it to me (seeing as he stole over 1k from me while i was living there) and my mom lives in another state i dont even know what state so i cant ask her. i dout the meds will even help anyways probably just a waist of money

Lister, I get these as well after glutening. I think its the body getting rid of the toxins.... i got a huge one i drained myself but had to see my GP a day or so later.. course she went ballistic at self surgury (it was right in the middle of my back so it required mirrors LOL), she always does even though she admits my stitching is better than hers. (I even got complimented by a vascualr surgeon friend)

Anyway she was not ready to say they were not gluten related and even said "sounds plausible"

Lots of other toxins are expelled this way (as you may know if you ever had to take a drug test) so my feeling is your body is actually purging the stored up gluten.

Lister Rising Star

the cysts are not normal cysts, there like giant zits almost, like the ones on my legs i can squeeze really hard (hurts really bad to do) but i usualy can get them to burst and a nasty liquid comes out and then they go away in a few days but the one on my chest wont pop, and is starting to get longer and almost feels like its getting deeper

as for the supplements nope im not even taking vitemens right now because i can not afford them. Anyone know how to get calcium without milk?

Also my doctor does not feel this is seriuse but since going gluten free i have close to 150 pounds i was around 278-285 and now im 160- this weight loss happend in less then 4 months of time. is this normal after going gluten free? i asked my doctor about it and his reply was "Sounds like your becoming a healthy weight" yes that is true but should it come that fast? i meen usualy people have to work out for years to loose that much weight instead im sitting here eating 2 bags of rice chips a day drinking soda eating 6 meals and sitting around playing videogames all day and im still sheading pounds ( i meen yeah i guess that does not sound awful but it just seems wierd to loose weight like that)

oh and just to rant a bit

GAH i hate my back, i like thru it out or something, i was walking up the stairs and all of a sudden i got a sharp pain from the bottom of my spine and my back locked up, i fell to the ground( luckly i was at the top of the stairs) and was not able to move for about 20 minutes i finally dragged myself inside and i can barely move without incrediable pain :( wtf im to young for this crap sheesh

eleep Enthusiast

Dark leafy greens are a good source of non-dairy calcium -- it's easier to absorb as well. Collards are particularly cheap (can you tell I've been living in the South?), but other greens are good as well -- kale, etc...

Lister Rising Star

time for me to continue on with my rant because well i need to to get crap off my chest before i put a hole into the wall.

Im so sick of eating the same thing everyday im currently living day by day by having to steal money from places (small amounts here and there) i feel awful for it but if i dont i dont get to eat. I can not think of what to eat anymore, i have had the same foods for basicly 2 weeks strait now its either chicken and potatoes or pork and potatoes as i cant afford any other form of meat and then sometimes a salad but lettece is spendy. so basicaly its eggs in the morning and for lunch and dinner its meat and potatoes everysingle day every single night. im so sick of eating like this, im so close to giving up on the diet and just eating normal i almost dont care if i do get sick again hey atleast then i would loose the rest of my stomic and probably die off of this crappy planet and stupid life. To make my day even better, when i was cooking my potatoes (i desided fried tonight) i went to put them into the grease and it exploded all over me, burning hot grease got into my eyes my nose my clothes everywhere, so now i have red burn marks all over me :) wohoooooo. i tried to get food stamps and i aparently make to much money (yay) so i really have ran out of options besides theft, as im looking at my wallet i have enough money for 2 more days worth of food but there is 5 more days tell i get paid :( ugh i hate this lifestyle of living paycheck to paycheck, why cant something good happen to me for once instead of more poop apon more poop.

ok enough of my emo ranting, im gonna go back to cooking my dinner and then jumping off my balcany (joking well for now)

queenofhearts Explorer
time for me to continue on with my rant because well i need to to get crap off my chest before i put a hole into the wall.

Im so sick of eating the same thing everyday im currently living day by day by having to steal money from places (small amounts here and there) i feel awful for it but if i dont i dont get to eat. I can not think of what to eat anymore, i have had the same foods for basicly 2 weeks strait now its either chicken and potatoes or pork and potatoes as i cant afford any other form of meat and then sometimes a salad but lettece is spendy. so basicaly its eggs in the morning and for lunch and dinner its meat and potatoes everysingle day every single night. im so sick of eating like this, im so close to giving up on the diet and just eating normal i almost dont care if i do get sick again hey atleast then i would loose the rest of my stomic and probably die off of this crappy planet and stupid life. To make my day even better, when i was cooking my potatoes (i desided fried tonight) i went to put them into the grease and it exploded all over me, burning hot grease got into my eyes my nose my clothes everywhere, so now i have red burn marks all over me :) wohoooooo. i tried to get food stamps and i aparently make to much money (yay) so i really have ran out of options besides theft, as im looking at my wallet i have enough money for 2 more days worth of food but there is 5 more days tell i get paid :( ugh i hate this lifestyle of living paycheck to paycheck, why cant something good happen to me for once instead of more poop apon more poop.

ok enough of my emo ranting, im gonna go back to cooking my dinner and then jumping off my balcany (joking well for now)

Okay, now Lister, that's not a funny joke! You have to hang in there, things will get better.

And I have an idea... this may sound weird... but you have a balcony & you live in Oregon, that probably means you can grow some greens in pots that will keep you healthier for less money. Chard is easy, keeps coming all winter in a mild climate. Seeds are cheap & it is really healthy. Kale, lettuce, basically any green is growable. (Just stay away from that other grow-your-own!)

Leah

Guest nini

the cysts you describe sound like "cystic acne" my husband has this. He gets the cysts all over his face, arms, back and even legs... they can be VERY painful. You need to see a dermatologist to treat this.

If your job isn't paying you enough, get a second job, or a different job that pays more. Sorry that you don't qualify for food stamps, but I would go back and question that decision, especially if you find you don't have enough to eat as well as pay your bills. You are getting yourself trapped into a corner here and you need to find a way out. I can't tell you what to do, just that you have to do something other than what you are doing because the current way doesn't work.

gfp Enthusiast
the cysts are not normal cysts, there like giant zits almost, like the ones on my legs i can squeeze really hard (hurts really bad to do) but i usualy can get them to burst and a nasty liquid comes out and then they go away in a few days but the one on my chest wont pop, and is starting to get longer and almost feels like its getting deeper

Sounds exactly the same. I find I have to cut them open or they just grow and grow. Obviously no Dr would agree on DIY but I'm not going to a Dr. everytime .. last time she wanted to refer me to a surgeon worried it would get infected etc. etc. then relented and finished it off herself and gave me a prescription for antibiotics and gauze etc.

I didn't bother with antibiotics since I never get infections anyway and mostly they mess up my stomach...

sillyactsue Explorer
as for the supplements nope im not even taking vitemens right now because i can not afford them. Anyone know how to get calcium without milk?

Hey Lister,

If everybody stopped drinking milk, which is intended for baby cows, the dairy industry would be the ones bellyaching but everyone else would probably feel much better. Human bodies cannot absorb the calcium that is found in milk very well. In fact in attempting to absorb the calcium in milk other 'things' are stolen from our bodies. I don't remember the gory details. A great source of calcium that your body can absorb is green leafy veggies. the greener the better. "Ya gotta eat your spinach baaaby" Preferably as a salad.

Hope that helps,

sillyact sue :P

penguin Community Regular

Is there a local food bank? You might be able to get help there. I, too would question the decision that you make too much money, unless you spend your money unwisely.

I'd wait another couple of weeks (so that you can pass a drug test, it takes 6 weeks for THC to work it's way out), and then find another job. There are other things you can do...

Lister Rising Star

the reason i dont have enough money to eat and pay bills is because of the ammount of bills i have irght now is alot, and with foodstamps the only things they account for is rent/eletric/phone not dx or anything else, so according to them i have alot of income ( i make 9.10 a hour at a fastfood restruant)

as for getting a second job if i could i would, i was planning on that a while ago unfortunatly with this first jobs work hours its almost impossible, i work 4am-2pm some days or 8am-5pm other days it changes and with the 4am-2pm there is no real area to shedual another job if i am going to sleep ever

anyone have anythign from The Crave Place? or it could be The Crave Palace, its a gluten free company, that makes easy bake mixs that have no gluten no wheat, no eggs and no dairy in them.. there from bend oregon, just wondering if anyone had any problems with them, im broke but i was thinking if i spend my last 5 dollers on there pankake mix that should be enough pancakes for a few days, but i dont wanna get it make it and then get sick and have no food

Guest Robbin

Hi Lister, I was hoping things were better for you since I hadn't seen much on here from you lately. I am so sorry you have these problems at such a young age. I don't know the baking mix company you questioned, but maybe there is some info on the cooking/baking thread or the products thread about this company.

I agree with penguin-check for a food bank or food pantry in your area. Also, I used to go to a church-they are all over-Vineyard-they had a huge warehouse of food for a foodbank and a really good group of people. Check under churches-vineyard-they have great Christian-rock services and you just dress any way you are everyday to go. Just throwing out ideas here. You don't have to be a member for them to help you. Just ask and they will help you, I am sure.

The cysts are something I get too, and I think it is from other food intolerances as well as gluten. Get some peroxide or antibacterial soap and keep it cleaned after they drain, if you can't afford the dr. be especially careful about further infection. I have a friend who swears that salt water rinses helps with the cystic acne, so maybe that would help too? Take care and keep us posted.

lorka150 Collaborator

Lister

In this thread, and others, you hvae mentioned you are buying a lot of pre-made things and mixed and whatnot.

Perhaps you should rethink this if you are having money issues. Luckily, whole foods are gluten-free. That means, we have this plethora of food around us that is accessible, affordable and wonderful. It provides us with vitamins and minerals for ample health, and tastes great to boot!

Maybe you could save some dollars if you switch up your grocery list.

Lister Rising Star

i have been only using whole foods for about a month now.

anyoen know about burts bees lip balm, my lips for bthe past 2 weeks have been white and now they are bleeding really bad

Archived