This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ugh Displaced Mind

Lister

lorka150 Collaborator

burt's bees lip balm is gluten and casein free.

lister, what is your typical day like, eating? i can help you tweak it so it's more cost efficient if you would like.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lister Rising Star

lately its been a banana and 2 eggs for breakfast (if i have money its almond milk with gluten-free cereal)

and then left over dinne for lunh usualy either chiken or pork with potatoes (either fried or baked) and then sometimes a salad when i can afford lettece

another question

anyone know if minute made juice cartons contain gluten in the packaging processes? i know there juice is supposed to be gluten-free but everytime i drink there apple juice cartons i get a head buzz for like 30 minutes

penguin Community Regular

I don't know about juice, but rice and beans are really cheap, and fairly nutritionally complete, all things considered.

Get the dried beans, such as pinto, and soak overnight before you cook them. You could make up a big batch for lunches or dinners.

Is there anything you can do to reduce your bills?

Lister Rising Star

wish i could do beans, unfortunatly they dont digest at all, like at all chunks of beans come right back out, causing lots of discomfurt

queenofhearts Explorer
wish i could do beans, unfortunatly they dont digest at all, like at all chunks of beans come right back out, causing lots of discomfurt

You might try making them into hummus or refried beans, breaking them down some before you eat them...

Lister Rising Star

since i hate making new posts, i figure i would add this on.

Im becoming consernd once again about my bms. today i keep having just small drops like deer poop,( o well constipation sign but no biggi) but they are coming with like these white thingys that are clinged onto the stools and float in the water, wtf are they? is that a bad thing? or just undigested food?? i also had this orange stuff that was on the tissue when i wiped (sorry for anyone that was eating while reading this) just this consernd me slightly, it was like a orange slime

gfp Enthusiast

In all probability its just undigested fat's.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lister Rising Star

gar it seems like my stomic is on a non stop work mode. No matter how much i eat, a hour later im hungry and my stomic feels so empty it starts to feel like its caving in on instelf, i cant keep up with my apetite.

also it just seems to be constatly making noises and twiching in random spots... wtf..... i thought i was over all of this :( all of this is so stupid i wish it could just stop for once. sorry ranting (helps me cope)

lorka150 Collaborator

it's fine to rant, lister.

you posted a few days ago what you ate in a day. if i ate that little, i'd be starving too. you need to make sure that your meals are a balance of fat/protein and carbohydrates for a truly optimal meal. if you don't take care of yourself, your symptoms aren't going to disappear. you've taken some great steps in the right direction, but you have to keep going.

L

Lister Rising Star

yay, i thought i finally had the total dx bills in my hands but nay, i just got a call from the doctor in response to the fact that im loosing so much weight, and of course he wants to see me, so who knows what tests they mey run, o well maybe he will find something else out also, like why i cant keep my stomic calm for more then 3 seconds. i really am starting to think this is not a celiac thing at all.... i guess the only way to truly know is entrolabs but that will have to wait until tax returns i really am leaning more towards chrons disease because it seems to be random bouts, like i will feel good for a few days and then really sick and then good and then sick and then good and then sick, without gluten contact in any way shape or form. plus it seems that my stomic becomes alot more agiteated with fried foods or when i cook with oil, and that is a sign for chrons patients

queenofhearts Explorer

The husband of a close friend has Chron's & though it flares up from time to time, he is able to control it most of the time. If that is what you have, don't despair, it is treatable.

Leah

GravStars Contributor
and these past few days it feels like my mind is detached from my vision (like a mild stoned feeling all the time) but i quit smoking the greens about a month ago now so i know its not because of greens.... ugh i wish i could just feel perfectly "normal" for a day

i know what you mean, i feel like that a lot. i always think its due to chronic anxiety. i wish i could have a normal day too, i remember what those were like. ha!

Lister Rising Star

today has been one of my worse days i have had in a long while. besides for the fact that my work day sucked and i got under my raise i was supposed to get but personal wise its been even worse

My stomic has been giving me a really hard time all day and it got really really bad, i was sitting at my comp and it started to go crazy, between stomic poping/ what felt like liquid draining from one part of my stomic to the other with painfull burning and lots of noise, this persisited for over 5 minutes and then i ate some grapes and carrots and it subsided the pain for about 10 minutes but then it came back, worse it lasted about 10 minutes at this point i had dinner going, the pain was so intensie and was not stopping to the point of i almost diled 911 but kept myself from doing it. ate my dinner pain went away for about 30 now its back not as bad but still very uncomfurtble :( and i feel really really stoned but i know im not

feel like im gonna pass out, not gonna let myself though, i got plenty of sleep i know im not really tired wtf, gar and i keep getting mad at nothing i also cryed because i walked across the tv at the end of a berni mac show (proof that something is wrong with me lol)

2old4 Rookie

Lister-

I think you should go to the doctor, worry about the bill later. Get yourself better, then you can cope with the rest. Give us an exact rundown on what you are eating and using for products and we can look into everything for you. We are here to help you, whatever we can do.

Patty

queenofhearts Explorer

Sorry you're feeling so rotten, Lister, hope tomorrow's better... & definitely see the doctor, you need to figure this out.

Hang in there,

Leah

Lister Rising Star

man this head feeling is really scaring me its not natural, my girlfriend thinks im crazy and making it up, maybe i am gah wtf is going on

man i cant wait for monday i want answers i really hope he has some for me and not more tests with no results. the main target he is looking for is my weight loss but im more conserend about the constant stomic pains and my head stoned feeling even though idont know how to explain the brain fog/vision blurryness to him without sounding crazy

Lister Rising Star

well itsd the next morning and its still doing it, it feels like liquid is draining from one spot to the next over and over and with burning pain and gurgle noises its unrelenting WTF is wrong with me.

also im so tired today i can barely function even though igot plenty of sleep and my eyes are all puffy and my vision is abscure :( wtf

lorka150 Collaborator

i don't understand why you are waiting until monday. can't you go to the emerg?

Lister Rising Star

if i do i will get a 3k bill with no results thats what happend last time i went, they never find anything in the er

i got no health insurance

ravenwoodglass Mentor
if i do i will get a 3k bill with no results thats what happend last time i went, they never find anything in the er

i got no health insurance

Lister, From what you said on another post I know the hospital absorbed the cost for much of the stuff you have already been there for. They can not refuse to treat at the ER. Although your symptoms strongly suggest gluten somewhere if they become extremly bad you should get to either the doctor or the ER. I know you feel you are totally gluten-free absolutely but if you have not changed jobs you are still working in a high gluten enviroment. Even at 4 years gluten-free I still mange to get a bit here and there and not always food. I got myself good working with colored cement the other day. The demon wheat is everywhere and it hides in some real unexpected places. It can take a long time to ferret them all out. Even something like kissing someone after they eat a gluten meal can be hazardous. I sincerely hope you start to feel better soon.

Lister Rising Star

my thery is if im capable of walking/ working and functioning at work then i can probably hold off until monday to see my registerd doctor even though i am in pain(controlled pain if i eat every 20 minutes)

even though i will admit i want to go now, so i can get closer to figuring out whats really wrong with me instead of BS guesses from his mouth over the phone.... i just wanna be better (ranting) im so tired of everyday having stomic pain and never feeling well, I should be outside having fun or atleast doing something constructive but i cant read anything because my vision vibrates slightly and my stomic is always giving me such a hard time i cant do anything outside.... kaboom imaginary bullet to the head

why cant this get solved, i keep hearing from all of my loved ones "they will figure it out soon" well its been fricking 5 months now and im still at square 1........

daffadilly Apprentice

Lister I hope you are doing better. Yep you need to get out of that fast food place.

also get checked for tape worms etc.

I have had that gurgling stuff in my stomach, but I know that it is scarry when you feel & hear it! - it could just be your food moving thru the intestines. Because you are not eating properly & getting enough nutrition, it probably it all haywire. Also IMO you need to go to a simple diet & not eat those gluten-free cereals & things - all that stuff is cross contaminated.

Pick some of these foods & see how you do on them:

start with white rice, cabbage, carrots, apples, chicken, tuna, green beans or come veggie you tolerate well, bananas, sweet potatoes

make a soup of boiled chicken, cabbage & carrots - this was always recommended on the brain talk community for when you have a gluten accident.

forget juice it is expensive & not all that good for you. If you really want a juice try 100% grape juice & dilute it 1/2 with water. Do not be eating citrus or orange juice or other acidic fruits

stick with the above food for two weeks & see how you do, get a core set of foods & do not add anything else to it. Just eat those foods.

also if you have to choose between taking a multi vitamin & B12 - take the B12 - that is why you are having emotional issues - well that & you are probably getting a continued dose of gluten at work.

what state are you in? Have you contacted your local celiac support group? A lot of times there are ways they can help you. & yes like someone suggested go to the local food bank for help - maybe you could volunteer there during the times that you are not working.

Lister Rising Star

i have only been eating basic foods for about 2 weeks besides today because i got paid. just fruits vegies and pork or chicken. as for worms i was hoping thats what it was (would explain rapid weight loss) but i got tested and nothing showed up. yah i need my b12 again not sure if i got the money for it right now though its kinda expenisve, i also need priolsec, or atleast my doctor wants me to try it to see if it helps with my stomic at all

he thinks i have a form of gastritis whatever that is not sure if that would explain the burning gurgles but man yeah your right they are really scary like they scare the crap out of me when they last to long.

Lister Rising Star

alright so i just went out and got my priolsec and b12. now im slightly confused on the package for prilosec it just talks about heart burn alot.... i dont have heart burn i have liquid dripping inside me that burns and hurts or something like that, heart burn is pain in the chest thats not what i have should i take this stuff? it seems like some pretty strong heartburn meds to be taking if i dont got heart burn

daffadilly Apprentice

Lister, I do not know anything about Prilosec. I do not take over the counter meds, or really any meds - nothing ever seems to agree with me. But maybe you could google it or someone else on here might know.

I get my B12 at Walgreens, Nature Made brand, if you watch the papers they put it on sale buy one & get one free, somewhat frequently. If you got yours there, save the receipt & if they put it on sale next week - take your receipt & they should make good on the sale price & give you another bottle.

I hope you find some answers & better health soon.

Archived