This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Rachelville 2

Rachel--24

Rachel--24 Collaborator

Ok...

I really liked the idea brought up by Nikki and Judy.

We can still have all the fun and laughs....in the correct forum...and seperate from all of the medical scientificness of the OMG thread. We can still have our town list (if everyone wishes) and we can carry on with the goofiness. Geese and dingos and glittery bats will still grace our land protecting us from the evils of the outside world!

Everyone still holds the same duties and all is well in Rachelville....hope to see everyone here sharing the laughs and love!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AndreaB Contributor

Rachel,

I'll be the first to post on this new, not duplicate thread. :P

I've got a headache now.....hubby's been going through an old, old photo album that the boys found in storage and gave to him up at the going away party for his oldest yesterday. Musty, musty, moldy....ick.

Town list everyone........some of us were going through withdrawals. As well as our town application and vocab list.

Rachelville Rich farmland by the ocean, with mountains at our back to provide fresh spring water. (this is going to be a very pretty place!)

Population (not sure haven't counted)

Rachel: President; Building and Landscape Advisor; Shopping consultant; Ice cream maker

Patti: Vice President and Teacher assistant; Decor Advisor

Julie: Governor; Village ambassador and queen

Miamia: Lt. Governor 1; Chef

Chelsea: Lt. Governor 2; Chef; Stand up Comic; Florist

Andrea: Mayor; Teacher; Treasurer: Mother Hen

Donna: Secretary; Security; Shopping Consultant; Pest patrol and dingo-dog flea controller (if needed)….it’s Rachelville after all

Cecile: Newscaster; Town Comic

Susan: Secretary; Garden Color Coordinator; Town Comic; Trail guide/hiker/climber assistant; Dingo Wrangler

Robbin: Book store attendant; Assistant Decor Advisor; Trail guide/hiker/climber

Rinne: Chef; Community Events Coordinator; Book store attendant; Juice bar operator

Meredith: Village adventurer/researcher, who travels to distant lands to bring back news and information

Cissi: Minister of Defense in charge of auxigro detecting geese and dingo-ish dogs; Town Raconteur; Literary reader around campfire or fireplace for the citizens of Rachelville; History teacher Distinguished Chair of Celiac Literary and Historical Oddities dept.; Town matriarch

Vincent: Town hero; Rule breaker

Ryan: Handy-man, general fixer upper; Language teacher

Picard: Coach (for community sports); Town Recreation Director; Diver; Town Attorney

Tavi: Town bum, with the off time duty of raking leaves off paths in the fall; Cornshucker; Minister of tumbleweeds on outskirts of village

Lisa: Senator

Judy: Landscape helper; Bookstore helper; Librarian

Evie: Cow and goat milkers; Bookstore helper; Librarian

Armetta: Helper with Evie for cows and goats; Bookstore helper; Librarian

Alison: Music teacher

Tony (Cecile‘s hubby): captain for any water craft, so he can take Picard out for diving.

Mitch (Andrea‘s hubby): truck driver, so he can haul whatever we need. Rachelville Paradise golf course driver. (also can be used by golfers when a driver is needed. Putt Putt.) Rachelville Paradise SSTEE (Seaboard, Steamtrain Excursion Engineer) (Providing service to all points NESW to the greater R’ville community…..All Aboard!)

Nikki: Cosmotologist, hair dresser

Lynne: Physical Therapist; Assistant Cornshucker; Sit Down Comic; Florist; Bard

Jeny: Animal caretaker/veterinarian

Liz: PE Teacher

Beverly: English teacher; Trail guide/hiker/climber lead

Karen: Counselor

Carla: Social Director

Adam (Carla‘s hubby): Town comic

Dave (Lynne‘s hubby): Ship designer and defender of the downtrodden

Jim: Maker of boxes for precious collectibles

Dave (The): Town Idiot with the side job of keeping the tumbleweeds at bay; Rule Breaker; Construction Worker; Firefighter

Morgan: Newswriter for the Newscaster; Hairstylist; Dance Instructor

Tiffany: Pharmacist; food tester for the chefs

Leah: Illustrator; Calligrapher

Here is the application for a job in R-ville.

Are you gluten free?

Do you promise to never infiltrate Rachelville with gluteney foods?

Do you promise to never bring gigantic Auxigro ridden produce into R-Ville?

OK...Thats about it.

If you answered yes to all of the above....the job is yours. :D

Oh...the purple glittery bats are our friends...so please do not hurt them. :P

For those who eat gluten and are here for friends or so's, we have a gluten decontamination chamber you must go through. You need to promise to brush you teeth, take a shower and dress in freshly cleaned clothes before entering Rachelville. :P

Rachelville Vocabulary Update:

1. Relevation (sorta like revelation)

2. Spinach/Spinached/Spinaching

3. Good Googly Moogly (another spin on OMG)

4. Scientificness (science lessons)

5. Wordage

6. Pulled a Dave/”Dave”

7. Cruel age (too cruel)

8. Presidentness (our lovely Prez has spoken)

debmidge Rising Star

I tried to get thru the OMG thread and ended on page 28....

It seemed like a good party going on there.

Rachel--24 Collaborator
I tried to get thru the OMG thread and ended on page 28....

It seemed like a good party going on there.

Deb,

I really feel for anyone who tries to get through that thread! :blink: It was quite the party though....we're just moving it now. ;)

Andrea,

Thanks for posting the town list....you are so amazing with that thing. :lol:

Yeah...I had a little trouble with my title. :rolleyes: You think I would have learned from the title of the OMG thread....that one came out all wrong too. It takes me awhile to catch on sometimes. :lol:

Carla helped me "fix" it. :D

I have tons of things to catch up on today....in the "real world". So I better get my butt moving....yesterday was VERY unproductive so I got alot of making up to do. :P

Be back later....

flagbabyds Collaborator

yeah i also tried to get through the OMG thread and realized that i probably should have been doing my homework and stoppend on page 3 or something. NOw I can actually follow this thread!

tiffjake Enthusiast

SILLYNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, got that out of my system! :lol:

CarlaB Enthusiast

Welcome to Rachelville, newbies!! Page 28, wow, I can't believe you got that far!!! If you can't keep up, just read the last two pages or so and jump in! This will be a lot of chit-chat, and probably not worth reading every word!! Yea, I realize there aren't two pages ... yet ... you'll see what I mean later. It's almost a chat room ...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

I see you Susie!

Did you see the list? :lol:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OH GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY - - - - so many threads, so little time....what to do, what to do......Rachel, did you not KNOW what was going on in the peely-face thread, the wackiness that Cecile started OVER THERE????? that she took my honest query about my face cream, from like two weeks ago, it was dead and I think only one person ever responded to it....and then she resurrected it and turned it into PURE LUNACY? so now....there's OMG I, there's my peeling face thread (and EVERYONE is invited to that but it is very female in nature), and then NOW THERE"S THIS......I have got work to do - yard, house, friends to see, jewelry to make, furniture to paint - - how will I keep up....no.....no....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :o:o:o

okay. got that out of my system. you probably stayed away from my peeling face thread because your skin is perfect. but check it out, it's a hoot.....at least I think so.......

:):):)

debmidge Rising Star

RE: OMG thread.

I enjoyed being a spectator. I did read ending and missed from page 29-300; but got gist.

Town life sounds great. I am only part time gluten-free my husband is 100% FT gluten-free. But I AM a convert leastways and will defend and support Rachelville way of living even though I am an outsider.

CarlaB Enthusiast

We have a dad and a wife of the gluten-free person in the household, too, so you're not alone and are certainly welcome here!! You just may not bring gluten anywhere near R'ville. At least that's how I think we've bent the you must be gluten-free rule!!

AndreaB Contributor

Debmidge,

You are welcome.

We have a gluten decontamination chamber to go through before coming into town.

Our rule for that is that you must brush your teeth, shower and have on a clean set of clothes before entry. This is to prevent a possible biohazard pandemic.

Interests please....if you would like a job.

flagbabyds Collaborator

I want a job! im 100% gluten-free and I always have been!

i like to read, study, play soccer.

All i do in my life is celiac.com and study and do homework..............

AndreaB Contributor

Molly: Soccer coach

Rachel--24 Collaborator
okay. got that out of my system. you probably stayed away from my peeling face thread because your skin is perfect. but check it out, it's a hoot.....at least I think so.......

:lol: Not quite!

Actually I stayed out cuz since I'm so darn sensitive to stuff I never used that Tazorale cream. I probably have that wrong huh? Cant remember what cream it was but it started with a "T". :unsure: Well....I figured I couldnt help ya out since I havent tried the stuff but I am very very sorry about your face falling off and all. :P

flagbabyds Collaborator

yay! I actually am a little girls soccer coach, so that works out well...

CarlaB Enthusiast
very very sorry about your face falling off and all. :P

Oh, don't make me laugh, my mouth hurts too bad!!! :lol::lol::lol:

flagbabyds Collaborator
but I am very very sorry about your face falling off and all. :P

Rachel I can feel the sympathy from here...............................

Rachel--24 Collaborator
RE: OMG thread.

I enjoyed being a spectator. I did read ending and missed from page 29-300; but got gist.

Town life sounds great. I am only part time gluten-free my husband is 100% FT gluten-free. But I AM a convert leastways and will defend and support Rachelville way of living even though I am an outsider.

Deb, all hubbies and wives are welcome here...you just have to follow the rules. There are only 3 really...so not so difficult to get into Rachelville.

1. No gluten

2. No Auxigro ridden veggies

3. Proper attire must be worn at all times (i.e. Rachelville is not a nudist town)

We do have one rebel in our town (dont all towns?)....he's not gluten free but we dont follow in his footsteps. ;)

He has to be de-glutenized before he comes into Rachelville and I believe he eats paper products while he's here. :huh::rolleyes:

Let Andrea know what you would like your job to be. :)

Rachel I can feel the sympathy from here...............................

:lol::lol:

Molly, cool that you have joined us.....my fellow Giants fan. :D

We can watch all the games together. I think R-Ville needs a big screen TV somewhere for special events...like watching the games!

AndreaB Contributor
We do have one rebel in our town (dont all towns?)....he's not gluten free but we dont follow in his footsteps. ;)

He has to be de-glutenized before he comes into Rachelville and I believe he eats paper products while he's here. :huh::rolleyes:

Let Andrea know what you would like your job to be. :)

Rachel :lol::lol::lol:

Is The Dave going to come back now that we can gab?

Tell him that gluten free foods are much better than paper products and in all likelihood more nutritious.

We can watch all the games together. I think R-Ville needs a big screen TV somewhere for special events...like watching the games!

Mitch says: Just came in with a truckload which contains one 56" wide screen HDTV which will be installed at the community center. Tonights game features SF Giants and the Seattle Pilots.

Andrea says: He's waiting for questions on the Pilots. :P

Andrea also says: I would like to watch the international show jumping competitions.....anyone else?

CarlaB Enthusiast

I'll be sure the game and the jumping competitions are both on the calendar ... man ... I'm so dizzy I'm having trouble typing!

flagbabyds Collaborator

GO GIGANTES!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are playing the dodgers tonightt.........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

yes I am glad that i joined the group, but i might have to leave on a homework 'vacation' for the school year......

Junior year coming

Canadian Karen Community Regular
Oh, don't make me laugh, my mouth hurts too bad!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Carla, what's wrong with your mouth? Hope you feel better soon!

Hugs.

Karen

AndreaB Contributor

Carla,

Change your picture description. :P

Celia,

Can we get an updated picture of you? Ask you ostrich to stick his head back in the sand. :P

CarlaB Enthusiast
Carla, what's wrong with your mouth? Hope you feel better soon!

Hugs.

Karen

Thanks. I got a new dental appliance, the next step in taking care of my TMJ and the last step before braces.

Archived