This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Reaction Signs?

hapi2bgf

hapi2bgf Contributor

I got glutened last week by a refill medication. My fault for not reading the label. The font was so tiny I just couldn't see it in the store. The problem is the symptoms. I understand abdomin pain, but this felt like someone used my stomach as a punching bag. Now days later I am getting a raised rash on my head, face, torso. Does this happen to anyone else?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

penguin Community Regular

Are you sure you aren't allergic to the medication itself?

southgoingzax Newbie

I don't think I have a rash reaction to medication, but I used to get a tiny raised bumps-rash on the side of my face and neck sometimes...it was really itchy and I could never figure it out, but since going gluten-free, it hasn't happened. I have intestinal-symptom celiac, and I never thought about having DH type symptoms, but for me the rash certainly seemed to be gluten-related - nothing seemed to relieve it or make it go away faster, either. If it itches, try clear calamine lotion to temporarily reduce the symptoms, or maybe zyrtec...I try not to worry too much about it unless it's really painful or doesn't go away in a few days. Sorry you're having to deal with this.

zax

hapi2bgf Contributor

Thanks for the fast replies.

I wouldn't be suprised to find I am allergic to something in the vitamin. this gluten reaction is just really different than all of the others. The swollen rash on my face just hurts. Normally I suffer a week of miserable intestines and terrible moods. This time it was 48 hrs of sheer pain and hell and now the rash starts. UGH!

Archived