6 replies to this topic

#1 Chrisser

Chrisser

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

Not because I can't sleep or am not tired, but because I wake up really hungry or my blood sugar crashes. I haven't gotten more than 2-4 hours of sleep a night in the past 4-5 nights. Anyone have any idea of how I can make it through the night?? I've missed 2 out of the first 3 days of my new job (I'm sure they're loving me already).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 evie

evie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:07 PM

Not because I can't sleep or am not tired, but because I wake up really hungry or my blood sugar crashes. I haven't gotten more than 2-4 hours of sleep a night in the past 4-5 nights. Anyone have any idea of how I can make it through the night?? I've missed 2 out of the first 3 days of my new job (I'm sure they're loving me already).

Could you eat protein just before going to bed?It is a food that stays with you longer, also calcium helps you sleep so maybe you will not wake till later. If you have gone gluten free recently that will make sleep come a bit harder and also you may be hypoglycemic and need to eat more often during waking hours too. Hope this helps you.. :) evie

#3 Chrisser

Chrisser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:21 PM

Could you eat protein just before going to bed?It is a food that stays with you longer, also calcium helps you sleep so maybe you will not wake till later. If you have gone gluten free recently that will make sleep come a bit harder and also you may be hypoglycemic and need to eat more often during waking hours too. Hope this helps you.. :) evie

I eat a lot of meat during the day, plus I've started drinking high protein Ensure diluted with milk. I drank that before I went to bed but still woke up a couple of times during the night starving and then early in the morning with the blood sugar crash. Technically, I'm not hypoglycemic, as my meter readings are "normal" but I do get symptoms and have for the last year or so. My doctors can't explain that one either. I am recently gluten-free, though...about 2.5 weeks.

#4 lorka150

lorka150

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:00 PM

can you cut anything other than natural sugars, and limit those, out of your diet? that might help. sorry about the job!
Gluten-free, Vegan

#5 Chrisser

Chrisser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:39 AM

can you cut anything other than natural sugars, and limit those, out of your diet? that might help. sorry about the job!

What else would I cut out? If anything, I think cutting things out would make it worse?

#6 lorka150

lorka150

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:53 AM

i just found that everything improved as i went as natural as possible. my apologies. good luck!
Gluten-free, Vegan

#7 Chrisser

Chrisser

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:56 AM

i just found that everything improved as i went as natural as possible. my apologies. good luck!

I'm trying to do the same, even down to making my own bread. But it seems like my body is just sucking up whatever I eat, so during the night I wake up hungry or my blood sugar crashes. Other than that, I'd have no problem sleeping.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: