2 replies to this topic

#1 Kyalesyin

Kyalesyin

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:02 AM

So, heres how this works. I used to drink coffee like it was going out of fashion. Literally, buckets of the stuff while I was in my early/mid teens. I was a dancer, and sometimes it was the only way I could hold down the diets and the long days and stay awake.

Four years on, the smell of the stuff makes me throw up and if I drink I have to lie down in a dark room until the migrane goes away. I thought this was just coffee, but now chocolate, tea and pep drinks like red bull are having the same effect.

How common is this? Do I have a flukey system or did I royally screw myself over?
I'm really just here about my wife. Its all her fault!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ms_sillyak_screwed

ms_sillyak_screwed

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:08 PM

-

#3 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:24 AM

My guess would be that when you get healed, you'll be able to add it back -- I'd suggest this time that it be in moderation as a treat!! :P

I've cut out all things that I know are bad for me. Cooking gets tedious and I don't eat out, but I want to be better and figured I'd heal faster on good, healthy, whole foods rather than coffee and gluten-free donuts!! I plan on having treats again at some point, but right now that garbage doesn't even sound good!

There might be an herb tea you like to replace your coffee for a while. I've found Raja's Cup is similar to a cup of coffee, and it's good for you -- don't take that to mean it's just like coffee, it isn't, but there's no caffeine, and it's all herbal, and you can add cream.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: