Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Northern Ca / San Francisco Bay Area?

11 posts in this topic

Any local folks around? I know a few people poked their head into another thread about local restaurants but I just wanted to put out another call for people to chiime in if they're from the SF Bay Area or anywhere in NorCal... I'd love to share suggestions of restaurants, doctors, other resources

Ads by Google:

Hi, I'm in the bay area. You might want to join the Yahoo group called "celiacbayarea". It's a pretty active group.

S

Thanks - I had no idea bout that group, I'll join it right now!

Yep, I'm in San Francisco.

I'm in Oakland - Glenview neighborhood, West of Montclair Village - will also check into the Yahoo group -

Gina

Hi Gina & Munchkinette! Nice to meet local folks. The Yahoo group is probably the best way to connect but it's nice to know there are other locals here on the forum as well.

BTW, tried to order the gluten-free pizza from Pizza Rustica last night and they don't deliver to my neighborhood. Too bad I don't have a car. Guess I'll have to go and eat in.

Grrr.

HI!

Rustica has gluten-free? Probably not dairy-free, too, though, huh?

As far as sharing restaurants - I have been sticking with one, mainly:

Luka's Tap Room & Lounge in Oakland

They have chef's that now know me and how to cook gluten and casein-free...In fact, one came over to shake my hand and greet me when I last arrived! I felt like a celeb ;)

Here's a link:

http://urbantic.com/places/3244_Luka's...&%3B-Lounge

HI!

Rustica has gluten-free? Probably not dairy-free, too, though, huh?

They have a non-dairy cheese you can choose, but it has casein in it. You can also choose to not have any cheese at all, of course. I'm pretty sure that the crust is dairy-free but you should check with them.

As far as sharing restaurants - I have been sticking with one, mainly:

Luka's Tap Room & Lounge in Oakland

They have chef's that now know me and how to cook gluten and casein-free...In fact, one came over to shake my hand and greet me when I last arrived! I felt like a celeb ;)

OMG Luka's is one of my favorites! The thing is, what I really like there is their french fries, and I don't think they're made in a dedicated fryer (They serve other fried stuff like crab cakes) because last time I ate them, I got sick. So no more Luka's for me since the other stuff on the menu is too expensive (I do love their green beans, though)

It's great to know that their cook will understand if I tell them I'm gluten-free. Maybe I"ll give them another chance but this time be more specific about being gluten-free.

What do you order there, generally?

Hi!

I'm from Danville....I looove Socca Oven, you guys should try it!!!

Yep, I'm in San Francisco.

Hi,

I just found out that I have celiac disease and I am totally lost. Thanks for mentioning about the yahoo group. I am going to join..

Thanks again.

I am in San Francisco as well..

Welcome Antono! Don't hesitate to ask if you need any help.