#1 Deb O (UK)

Deb O (UK)

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:56 AM

Hi

I always use Nivea lip care (lip balm) instead of lipstick, does anyone know if it's gluten-free please?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 trixie997

trixie997

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

I realize this post is several years old but I recently wrote to Beiersdorf about their lip care products (specifically about Angel Star) and wanted to post the reply I received:

On behalf of Beiersdorf, we would like to thank you for your support to our business.

We apologize for the delay in response, however your query was first received by our colleagues in Philippines, then was forwarded to us.

Please be informed that Tocopherol (Vitamin E) and tocopheryl acetate are widely used as antioxidants in personal care products as well as in foodstuff and in pharmaceuticals. Tocopheryl Acetate we use in our products is derived from chemical synthesis. It is therefore an inorganic ingredient and shouldn’t bear any risk for the consumer.

Moreover, The Lipcare Angel Star does not contain any ingredients derived from wheat, rye, corn, oat (containing gluten) or soy. However, it can never be excluded that small traces may be found for production reasons as our raw materials are not investigated for traces of gluten or soy.

Beiersdorf cosmetics are not specially developed for people with celiac disease. The consumer should consult a physician which cosmetics are suited. In cases of severe allergies, new cosmetic products should be tested at the treating dermatologist.

I hope this answers your query, please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Rawan Kilo

Regulatory Affairs

BDF llll 

Beiersdorf Middle East FZCO

Tel. +97144476544 new

Fax. +97144405900

www.Beiersdorf-me.com 

www.Nivea-me.com 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: