This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How Old? Celiac For How Long?

swittenauer

How old are you?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

swittenauer Enthusiast

I was just curious as to how old everyone is in here? I didn't really know if there was more of a certain age bracket that visited this site or not.

I am 34 but my husband is 40. He was diagnosed just over a year ago so we are still newbies at this whole Celiac thing.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

happygirl Collaborator

Age 25 and tomorrow is my 2 year gluten free anniversary!

swittenauer Enthusiast
Age 25 and tomorrow is my 2 year gluten free anniversary!

Well, congratulations! I hope all has been going well with you being gluten free.

AndreaB Contributor

Susan,

I don't have an official diagnosis. Got tested by enterolab and got the results this past June....been totally gluten free since. Was gluten light for 2 months prior to that due to allergy test results.

Ursa Major Collaborator

I'm 53, and self-diagnosed myself ten months ago, still struggling but much better. But I've had celiac disease symptoms all my life, at least from the age of three. Too bad doctors are so clueless.

CarlaB Enthusiast

Symptoms my whole life.

First emergency room visit for it at 20, college roommate took me there because I only got out of bed for classes. Many throughout the past 23 years always relating to celiac symptoms, usually dehydration.

Diagnosed by Enterolab, doc accepts dietary response.

43 years old.

jerseyangel Proficient

I was diagnosed last year on June 2nd at the age of 49.

This was after over 20 years of illness and misdiagnoses.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

2Boys4Me Enthusiast

I voted for Ty. He's 6 (& 3/4). He was 5 3/4 at diagnosis. His gluten-free anniversary was Aug. 18th.

He was diagnosed because we were trying to find out why he was so tired all the time and was such a lightweight. I think he was about 25th percentile for height and below zero for weight if you agree that everyone should fit somewhere on a chart. He had crazy low iron levels. 3 when he should have been in a range of 10 - 110.

I put one to two years gluten-free, but really barely over a year. Ty's on the left in the photo.

morganb Newbie

I have not been diagnosed, but I've been gluten free since May and I'm planning on doing a gluten challenge :blink:

I'm 18. I was going to do the poll, but there is no slot for 18 year olds....should I say I'm under 18 or that I'm 19? :huh:

Guest ~jules~

I'm 30, was diganosed last week :(

jkmunchkin Rising Star

I'm 28 and was diagnosed just over a year ago, but was sick for about 10 years.

swittenauer Enthusiast
I have not been diagnosed, but I've been gluten free since May and I'm planning on doing a gluten challenge :blink:

I'm 18. I was going to do the poll, but there is no slot for 18 year olds....should I say I'm under 18 or that I'm 19? :huh:

Oops! I meant to say 18 & under.

morganb Newbie
Oops! I meant to say 18 & under.

It's alright....I should have figured that....I'll take half the blame :) 18 & under is what would make sense.

Guest Viola

Age 60, gluten free 17 years

flagbabyds Collaborator

age 16

14 years gluten-free (15 in feb.)

mouse Enthusiast

Age 64. Gluten free since Feb. 3rd, 2004.

natalunia Rookie

Age 29, diagnosed 3 months ago, been gluten free for 4 months.

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

Age 19. Diagnosed in Jan of 2004

IrishKelly Contributor

Age 28, diagnosed 2 months ago, gluten free for almost the past 2 months.

Carriefaith Enthusiast

I am now 25 and I was diagnosed in March 2004 (2.5 years).

LKelly8 Rookie

I'm 37 and I was diagnosed June of '05 by biopsy after five years of mis(sed)diagnosis and negative celiac blood panels.

My mother's 69 and was diagnosed in 1938.

• 4 months later...
swittenauer Enthusiast

Wow, 1938. Some doctor had his stuff together.

darlindeb25 Collaborator

I am 51 and am self diagnosed--gluten-free for over 5 yrs now. Have a sister diagnosed 4 months before me and our dad has been gluten-free for a little over 2 yrs now. We all had been sick for years and years!

Katie618 Apprentice

i'm 21 and was diagnosed in may 06, been gluten free for 6 months -- never really felt sick before that, was diagnosed becasue my iron levels were really low (they've been low since high school) but in retrospect, definately displayed symptoms

plantime Contributor

age 42, officially diagnosed Sept. 15, 2004, glutenfree since February 14, 2004.

Archived