43 replies to this topic

#16 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:13 AM

ha ha! we laugh...but i do some of my best work in the bathroom :) i definitely text while on the pot.
Susan-- I only sit on toliets belonging to those I'm really close to too...like seen naked or nearly.
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 queenofhearts

queenofhearts

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:18 AM

Oh, HOW can you do that? My husband always wonders what takes me so long ... I say, I have to wipe off the seat, be sure every inch is covered with paper, etc. I'm obsessive about it, but I cannot hover!!

It's those climber's thighs!

And yeah, it's all in our heads, but still--- echhh! I hate public toilets.
The Queen of Hearts,
She made some tarts
All on a summer's day.
The Knave of Hearts,
He stole the tarts
And took them clean away.

Diagnosed at age 49 by biopsy 31 May 2006

Learning how to bake those tarts gluten-free!

#18 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:32 AM

Susan-- I only sit on toliets belonging to those I'm really close to too...like seen naked or nearly.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's those climber's thighs!

Yup, Carla, it's a good thigh workout - - I seriously haven't sat on toilets (other than the aforementioned) since I was about five or six...... :o
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#19 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:33 AM

I just can't do it!!! I even lift weights and do all kinds of leg exercises ... <_<
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#20 penguin

penguin

Chelsea

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:40 AM

wow, if those legs weren't so tan and skinny, I would've had to say that was me at the dorms in college!

I get mad at people who hover....They get pee everywhere! All over the seat, the floor....everywhere! Way grosser than just other people's butt meat on the seat...I mean really...the dirty part is in the open hole! :rolleyes:
Alright, don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy
We'll all float on, alright
Well we'll float on good news is on the way...

#21 kabowman

kabowman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:42 AM

Ditto, you couldn't pay me to sit on a public seat and hubby will ask, if we are out, if a certain place is OK to pee - Wedny's are OUT, forever. Don't even mention Wal-Mart or K-mart unless I am totally completly dieing!!!

I too have passed this on to my kids - they have a hard time even pottying at school. Strangely enough, my step-daughter, who has to wash her hands every 5 minutes and keeps anti-germ stuff in the car, in her purse, and in her locker has no problem sitting on a public toilet but won't use a blue room to save her soul. We have chatted and I think she is better but not positive--she won't even pee in the woods (her mom won't let her when we are camping/hiking). EEEWWWW.
-Kate
gluten-free since July 2004

Other Intolerances:
Strawberries and Banannas (2007)
Nitrates (April 2006)
Yeast (which includes all vinegar so no condiments) (Oct. 2004)
Peanuts (Nov. 2004)
Soy (Oct. 2004)
Almonds (Sept. 2004)
Corn (Sept. 2004)
Lactose/Casein (1999)

#22 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:44 AM

wow, if those legs weren't so tan and skinny, I would've had to say that was me at the dorms in college!

I get mad at people who hover....They get pee everywhere! All over the seat, the floor....everywhere! Way grosser than just other people's butt meat on the seat...I mean really...the dirty part is in the open hole! :rolleyes:

What legs, the ones on your pencat?

I hate that, too!!! So gross. I mean, I avoid public restrooms, but when you need one, you need one!!

Ditto, you couldn't pay me to sit on a public seat and hubby will ask, if we are out, if a certain place is OK to pee - Wedny's are OUT, forever. Don't even mention Wal-Mart or K-mart unless I am totally completly dieing!!!

I too have passed this on to my kids - they have a hard time even pottying at school. Strangely enough, my step-daughter, who has to wash her hands every 5 minutes and keeps anti-germ stuff in the car, in her purse, and in her locker has no problem sitting on a public toilet but won't use a blue room to save her soul. We have chatted and I think she is better but not positive--she won't even pee in the woods (her mom won't let her when we are camping/hiking). EEEWWWW.

What's a blue room?
gluten-free 12/05

#23 DingoGirl

DingoGirl

my babies ♥

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,645 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:09 AM

Um, I always, always wipe any accidental spills :ph34r: and I am very skilled at this, so there usually aren't any.....
SUSIE

Diagnosed January 2006

"I like nonsense. It wakes up the brain cells." ~Dr. Seuss

#24 kabowman

kabowman

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:26 AM

A blue room (or green depending on where you are) is the portable toilet you see at festivals, along the side of the road at construction sites, etc... At Smokey Mountain National Park (green rooms) they had them at trail heads.
-Kate
gluten-free since July 2004

Other Intolerances:
Strawberries and Banannas (2007)
Nitrates (April 2006)
Yeast (which includes all vinegar so no condiments) (Oct. 2004)
Peanuts (Nov. 2004)
Soy (Oct. 2004)
Almonds (Sept. 2004)
Corn (Sept. 2004)
Lactose/Casein (1999)

#25 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:36 AM

A blue room (or green depending on where you are) is the portable toilet you see at festivals, along the side of the road at construction sites, etc... At Smokey Mountain National Park (green rooms) they had them at trail heads.

Oh, yea, yuck!!

This guy we knew, a country boy out in Owen County (I can tease people for that because we lived there), went in one and had his arm leaning on the arm rest for quite some time before he figured out it was a urinal!! :o
gluten-free 12/05

#26 Canadian Karen

Canadian Karen

That Crazy Canuck!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:36 AM

I was wondering what a blue room is also. Up here, we call those "Port-A-Potties".......

When I am out and about, I wouldn't be able to hold it if my life depended on it, so I am a regular visitor to public washrooms..........

Terry was telling me about the other day when he took Daniel into a men's washroom. Usually, when we are out, I take the boys with me into the women's, but Terry had the boys that day without me. Connor is a "stand-up" to pee guy, Daniel still likes sitting down while he pees. Well, when Terry took Daniel into the men's washroom and Daniel had to stand in front of the urinal to pee, which he is TOTALLY unaccustomed to doing, he had a very difficult time controlling where the stream went and when he turned sideways, almost soaked the leg of the guy standing next to him....... :lol:

Karen
Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy
Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism
endometriosis (at age 20)
spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.
Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs
Rhiannon 8 yrs
Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."
Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."
Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."
Unknown

#27 utdan

utdan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:52 PM

...okay, both my mom and dad are OCD! Six kids has cured me of much of it though!! I always clean the cart at the grocery, I love those wipes they provide, although I find it funny that some get their cart, then push it over to the wipes, it's too late then!! I'm actually more afraid of gluten than bacteria!!!! :lol:

That's so true! I have OCD and gluten is the new bacteria. It's not bad anymore, as living with roomates getting gluten everywhere desentized me. OCD people are naturally fit for protecting against cc!! :lol:
Dan

Negative blood work
gluten-free since 3/5/06

#28 beaglemania

beaglemania

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:59 PM

I would SOOOO NOT sit on a public toilet!! sooo gross!! And yeah, I call blue rooms port-a-potties and plop johns. never heard of blue room, though I suppose its a nicer name for them. I would never go in a plop john unless i was absolutely dying!!! And sitting on a public toilet seat, just gross!!!!!!!!!!!!! ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 elye

elye

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,061 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:18 PM

Yep, I'm a long-time hoverer...gotta do regular squats with a barbell to keep trained for this, especially for the stop-at-a-gas-station-on-a-long-trip adventures, when the duration that one is hovering can be quite challenging... :lol:
Emily

diagnosed type one diabetic 1973
diagnosed celiac winter 2005
diagnosed hypothyroid spring 2006

But healthy and happy! Posted Image

11 year-old Son had negative blood panel, but went on gluten-free diet of his own volition to see if his concentration would improve, his temper abate, and his energy level would increase. Miraculous response!

The great are great only because we are on our knees.
--Pierre Joseph Proudhon (1809-1865)

#30 AndreaB

AndreaB

November 2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,978 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:25 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know how I missed this thread yesterday!

Too funny.

BTW I hate public restrooms and only use them if necessary....but I much prefer them over the port a potties.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: