Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Ring! Ring!

9 posts in this topic

My ears ring constantly when I sit in dead silence (ie, falling asleep at night). What causing this? I need to answer my "head phone".

Thanks!!!!

Ads by Google:

I saw something on ringing ears on Jessica's group....USA Silly-Yaks....maybe you could join or contact this person with a subject "Celiac Disease" or something....after all, it was asked if anyone could relate....I don't know if this is the solution, but it might help to have someone to talk to about it or compare with....hope this helps:

Subj: [uSASillyYaks] Hyperthyroidism

I also get a ringing in my ears quite often. Sometimes it bothers me, but most of the time it doesn't. I've always had it since I was a kid, so I figure I must just be used to it. It could possibly be a nutritional deficiency, but I don't know, since I can't get any of my doctors to order any more tests for me... I guess I could push harder, but I am just so sick of having to push the doctors to do anything for me.

But sometimes the ringing is so loud that I can't hear anything else for about 30 seconds or so. Other times it is just this noise in the back ground (but really it's just in my head!) It is more noticable at night when the house is quiet.

God bless,

Mariann

don't know if it's related

Well, I won't be much help here...but...

I have heard that ringing in the ears is caused by a vitamin deficency. But, alas, I don't remember which vitamin. I know, I know, I am sooooooo helpful! <_<

Deanna

Well, I won't be much help here...but...

I have heard that ringing in the ears is caused by a vitamin deficency. But, alas, I don't remember which vitamin. I know, I know, I am sooooooo helpful! <_<

Deanna

That's helpful :D ....after all, you're confirming Mariann's idea of a nutritional deficiency. I have had that ringing before, but very infrequently........I don't have it anymore........so I'm the one that isn't of much help :P

celiac3270,

Whoaaaaa I've been grinding my teeth a lot...thanks for the tip. Hopefully the multivitamin I just started taking will shut my ears up.

I have had the ringing for years. It happens in silence and not. It drives me nutty most of the time!

Kristina

I have a book on vitamin and mineral supplements and in the section on hearing loss (which also includes ringing in the ears) it says that ringing in the ears can be caused by magnesuim deficiency and also might be connected to a zinc deficiency. Other hearing problems can be deficiencies in vitamins A, E & D.

It also said that many hearing problems are aggravated by sugar and high fat foods, and also by food sensitivities. So for most of us it could be any one or a combination of all those things!

God bless,

Mariann