This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Ring! Ring!

Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

My ears ring constantly when I sit in dead silence (ie, falling asleep at night). What causing this? I need to answer my "head phone".

Thanks!!!!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

celiac3270 Collaborator

I saw something on ringing ears on Jessica's group....USA Silly-Yaks....maybe you could join or contact this person with a subject "Celiac Disease" or something....after all, it was asked if anyone could relate....I don't know if this is the solution, but it might help to have someone to talk to about it or compare with....hope this helps:

Subj: [uSASillyYaks] Hyperthyroidism
gf4life Enthusiast

I also get a ringing in my ears quite often. Sometimes it bothers me, but most of the time it doesn't. I've always had it since I was a kid, so I figure I must just be used to it. It could possibly be a nutritional deficiency, but I don't know, since I can't get any of my doctors to order any more tests for me... I guess I could push harder, but I am just so sick of having to push the doctors to do anything for me.

But sometimes the ringing is so loud that I can't hear anything else for about 30 seconds or so. Other times it is just this noise in the back ground (but really it's just in my head!) It is more noticable at night when the house is quiet.

God bless,

Mariann

Thomas Apprentice

don't know if it's related

Niteyx13 Explorer

Well, I won't be much help here...but...

I have heard that ringing in the ears is caused by a vitamin deficency. But, alas, I don't remember which vitamin. I know, I know, I am sooooooo helpful! <_<

Deanna

celiac3270 Collaborator
Well, I won't be much help here...but...

I have heard that ringing in the ears is caused by a vitamin deficency. But, alas, I don't remember which vitamin. I know, I know, I am sooooooo helpful! <_<

Deanna

That's helpful :D ....after all, you're confirming Mariann's idea of a nutritional deficiency. I have had that ringing before, but very infrequently........I don't have it anymore........so I'm the one that isn't of much help :P

Guest ~wAvE WeT sAnD~

celiac3270,

Whoaaaaa I've been grinding my teeth a lot...thanks for the tip. Hopefully the multivitamin I just started taking will shut my ears up.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

MySuicidalTurtle Enthusiast

I have had the ringing for years. It happens in silence and not. It drives me nutty most of the time!

Kristina

gf4life Enthusiast

I have a book on vitamin and mineral supplements and in the section on hearing loss (which also includes ringing in the ears) it says that ringing in the ears can be caused by magnesuim deficiency and also might be connected to a zinc deficiency. Other hearing problems can be deficiencies in vitamins A, E & D.

It also said that many hearing problems are aggravated by sugar and high fat foods, and also by food sensitivities. So for most of us it could be any one or a combination of all those things!

God bless,

Mariann

Archived