6 replies to this topic

#1 bklyn

bklyn

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:59 AM

I wasn't sure where to put this question - I'm getting a headache nearly every day, for several months. It usually comes late in the day and starts at the base of my head (neck). I can't get any relief from Tylenol (the only thing I trust not to upset my stomach). Once it starts, that's it for the day and night. Any ideas or suggestions out there?

Thanks.
Kathy C.
Ft.Lauderdale, Fl.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 jerseyangel

jerseyangel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,938 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:07 AM

Kathy,

I have two thoughts--

Have you had your blood pressure checked? Even though high BP usually dosen't cause symptons, they can cause this type of headache. I used to get them, and when I was put on meds to bring down the BP, they went away.

Another thing is stress--could you be under a lot of stress during the day? That could make you tense up your neck muscles, or clench your jaw--that could cause pain in the back of the neck/head, also.

I hope you get some relief soon! :)
Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

#3 sspitzer5

sspitzer5

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:59 AM

I wasn't sure where to put this question - I'm getting a headache nearly every day, for several months. It usually comes late in the day and starts at the base of my head (neck). I can't get any relief from Tylenol (the only thing I trust not to upset my stomach). Once it starts, that's it for the day and night. Any ideas or suggestions out there?

Thanks.

The headaches could also be related to another food intolerance. I just found out that almonds are a problem for me and eliminating them from my diet has really helped my headaches (which I got every day).

S

#4 CarlaB

CarlaB

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,049 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:00 AM

Are you drinking enough water?

I got to a chiropractor for my neck. Do you have TMJ trouble? I'm having my TMJ fixed and it's helping a lot with the neck pain.
gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

#5 Ursa Major

Ursa Major

My grandson Eli, 12 months

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:02 AM

The headaches could also be related to another food intolerance. I just found out that almonds are a problem for me and eliminating them from my diet has really helped my headaches (which I got every day).

S

I was going to say something similar. I also suspect other food intolerances. I found out that tomatoes caused my migraines, since I stopped eating them I rarely get migraines.

I suggest you try an elimination diet.
I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 eleep

eleep

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:05 AM

I can second the TMJ/food intolerance link -- I incessantly clench my jaw when I've been glutened. I also have a history of tight neck problems that I've done a lot of work on with yoga and pilates.

eleep
Erica

Inconclusive blood test results
Positive Enterolab results
Positive dietary results
gluten-free since 2/10/06

#7 STINGER

STINGER

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:20 PM

Thanks.

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THE HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, FOOD ALLERGY, TMJ, STRESS, BUT IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING OUT OF ALIGHNMENT IN YOUR NECK, IT WILL CAUSE YOUR HEAD TO HURT. MY DAUGHTER ALSO SAYS WHEN HER PONY TAIL IS TOO TIGHT, BY THE END OF THE DAY SHE HAS A HEADACHE.ALSO HAVE YOU HAD YOUR EYES CHECKED LATELY. CAFFIEN SENSITIVITY?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: